• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

ArjanN

Dan-Hibiki-Thumbs-Up.png

Also Q would be nice.

Characters that I'd love to see eventually are:

Rose, C. Viper, Hugo, Ed, Dudley, Yun, Cody, Sean, Gen, Q, Seth
fite me
, and Oni.

I forgot to mention that I want Necro on my lust list.

DR2K

Banned
Hopefully Capcom just adds waifus and realizes people will buy DLC for them. Poison, Rose, Decapre, Viper, Sakura, Female Akuma.

I really want Blanka. The CFN concept design with the mohawk looks naff, but a really feral Blanka would be great.

I've wanted to see Blanka return to this for what feels like forever:

SSF2_Blanka.gif

SFA3's interpretation of the character was really the beginning of the end of Blanka actually being cool, then SF4 kept going in that direction and made everyone hate his gameplay on top of it. I think he can be salvaged, though.

On second thought... Street Fighter: The Movie was the beginning of the end of Blanka being cool.

Skilletor

I want Poison the most. I love her character design and playstyle.

She'd probably get an overhaul since her sf4 kit is pretty similar to charlie in sf5.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really wanted Dudley from the start, but I've realised since that a lot of characters are kind of like Dudley in this game.

SSF2_Blanka.gif

SFA3's interpretation of the character was really the beginning of the end of Blanka actually being cool, then SF4 kept going in that direction and made everyone hate his gameplay on top of it. I think he can be salvaged, though.

On second thought... Street Fighter: The Movie was the beginning of the end of Blanka being cool.

Game wise, the SF4 iteration of Blanka is the only one I dislike, though he's still fun to play. I can watch Nishikin Blanka matches again and again.

Shadoken

SSF2_Blanka.gif

What are you talking about .... Carlos Blanka AKA Charlie is in SFV already /kappa

Pompadour

I really wanted Dudley from the start, but I've realized since that a lot of characters are kind of like Dudley in this game.

I've wanted Dudley since the beginning as well but if he was in at launch I probably wouldn't have bothered trying other characters.

- J - D -

Yuppp... Charlie and Bison blow up , Necalli swoops in and devours his soul to become mega strong then Ryu beats him.

Having Ryu beat both Necalli and Bison made everyone else seem like complete jobbers. Ryu has already beaten this bozo a million times right? Why AGAIN ffs.

Because Ryu.

DD-11

Can someone tell me there properties of juris vskill. Can you jab her out of it? If not, what's the best way to combat it.

What's A&C? I'll be in Toronto for a few days after Canada Cup is over.

It's pretty much THE go-to fighting game hub in Toronto. I think Street Fighter V is the tournament game on Tuesdays and casual game on Fridays but if you bring your own setup/ask to use someone else's you can play whatever game you want.

Edzi

Can someone tell me there properties of juris vskill. Can you jab her out of it? If not, what's the best way to combat it.

Without a full charge, it basically teleports behind you into a crossup. If fully charged, it no longer crosses up since it hits you from the front first. I'm pretty sure you can hit her out of it, but it's probably safer to just jump/block and then punish, since its pretty negative on block.

vulva

I wish more places did SF nights either on Wednesday or weekends. The only locals I have that are reasonably close are on days I'm busy. :(

I used to actually arrange my class schedule based around making sure I could make it to A&C on Wednesdays. Priorities etc

Pretty much the only place Blanka ever looked this edgy was in this SSF4/ST character select screen portrait. In game, he was still the goofy looking, bug-eyed-when-swept, cartoony Hulk.

And, then he started hanging out with Dan...

He's pretty inconsistent in SF2.

You've got his standing animation, which has the darker shading under his eyes and more pronounced fangs compared to SFA3 which softened him up a bit:

sf-blankaold.gif
sf-blanka.gif

Then his win animation which looked a lot more savage in SF2, while SFA3 opted for a more cartoony head stretch with visible flat teeth in the back:

blanka-sf2-win.gif
blanka-wintaunt.gif

But then you had Blanka's SF2 ending, which had stuff like this:

blanka2.gif

But there was some contrast between the more ferocious looking Blanka and the goofy looking Blanka. From SFA3 on, he was just in goofy looking mode all the time.

Okay.. I've dropped the list to:

Haggar/D.D./Oro/Necro

- I want Haggar because he's one of the best memories I've had with Final Fight. Plus I find it very odd that he hasn't shown up in Street Fighter. Especially if they give him some/all of his moves from MvC3.

- Daisuke Dejima (D.D.) the character that never made it. As soon as I saw gameplay of his, I fell in love. The red lightning pulls me in as well, along with the fact he reminds me of Kazuya gameplay wise.

- The character that I loved when I first started playing 3S, Oro. He's definitely an odd, but the fact that he's this really powerful hermit who handicaps himself in battle to give people a chance is pretty damn awesome. I also really enjoyed his enhanced supers. His juggle are fun as well.

- Necro is not really someone I played. But was pretty amazed when I saw high level play. I think he would transition pretty well in SFV. Also, I kinda want to have a Necro vs Sim battle.

I never said the path would be easy!

Lol

Yeah, but you must cheated, right? :3

DD-11

Without a full charge, it basically teleports behind you into a crossup. If fully charged, it no longer crosses up since it hits you from the front first. I'm pretty sure you can hit her out of it, but it's probably safer to just jump/block and then punish, since its pretty negative on block.

Nice. So just walk forward until the ground effect happens?

Top Bottom