• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Shadoken

niggas gon drop Urien faster than a bad habit once they get jumped on too many times

The truth right here. And we all now how people love to jump in SFV.

Then again even Super strong characters like Karin and Nash have weak normals against close range jump ins , but they also have EX options to beat it.

It's HILARIOUS to me that Urien of all characters looks to be the most accurate 3s character. He was the character I thought they were most likely to fuck up.

Instead Urien >>> Alex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ibuki in the conversion, imo.

Ibuki wasn't really supposed to be a "conversion" in SF5, though. She was already "converted" in SF4. Then she was in SFxT, too. Heck, she was in Puzzle Fighter before both of those. She's already been playable in multiple games after SF3, so it's okay if they decided to change things up with her at this point.

As for Alex, he feels great to me. As someone who used him in SF3, I have no complaints with the way they adjusted his gameplay for the new engine. Only meaningful thing he lost was DDT, which wasn't that important.

Skilletor

Ibuki wasn't really supposed to be a "conversion" in SF5, though. She was already "converted" in SF4. Then she was in SFxT, too. Heck, she was in Puzzle Fighter before both of those. She's already been playable in multiple games after SF3, so it's okay if they decided to change things up with her at this point.

As for Alex, he feels great to me. As someone who used him in SF3, I have no complaints with the way they adjusted his gameplay for the new engine. Only meaningful thing he lost was DDT, which wasn't that important.

She didn't play like she did in 3s for sf4, either.

You can call off the dogs, meign. Just an observation, not a dig at the game. Lol

Whales

Banned
not gonna lie, urien looks really underwhelming

his design is top notch, his animations, etc

but his damage looks like shit, his normals are really weird and he has to use EX bars for a lot of his combos too

hopefully im wrong and he's actually great

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
You should press the punch or the kick for the charge move when you go back to the down-back charge, not when you press forward. So, for example, the command for a Sonic Boom would be db (charge), f, b+P.

Never thought of trying this. Will practice a bit with Rog while waiting for Urien. Thanks for the tip!

There are matches that you don't mind losing and then there are those matches that are so filled with cheap lazy gimmicks and disrespect, that something will be broken in your immediate reach if you lose.

Luckily, I won this time.

I lost to a dude doing the same jump in combo three times so don't ever feel bad.

By the way, no Capcom Protalk today I guess. I keep joking about Mike being fired, but....

(actually he's not, they go on hiatuses every so often, but it'd be nice to let people know, and not do this when Urien is gonna drop)

stn

My main concern with Urien is how slow some of his normals are. One match I saw had the Urien player try to meaty a Ryu on wake-up, only for the Ryu to still have time to cr. mp first, lol. I also wonder how easy it will be to activate v-skill, because it seems like it has quite a few start-up frames.

Ggs. Your Ibuki had a lot of these explosions of pressure that bamboozled me a lot of times. I gotta watch out for EX kunais and f.HK too.

GGs. I need to buy Guile so I can take him to training mode. I'm completely lost in the corner against him lol. The boom zoning isn't too bad to handle with Ibuki though.

The main thing that was giving me trouble was v-reversal. It completely shuts down Ibuki's momentum, and Guile always seems to have it since he's three bar. I do think it's a fun matchup though, and I definitely wanna play again sometime.

SephLuis

So, I have been off SF V in the past few weeks because of life, so how's everyone going ?

Urien and the new patch drop tomorrow right ?

It felt like so much of that matchup came down to who could keep the other cornered. I was pretty lost in the corner too against Ibuki. :D

Haha, yeah Ibuki's scary in the corner too, especially with bombs out. I also couldn't help but laugh when I tried dash up DP, during one of the rounds that was down to the wire. Running out of Kunai can make you desperate lol.

Nothing will ever beat Guile reveal. People saying he was broken and was going to ruin the pro tour.
Remember when scrubs were calling Alex's near full screen limited V-skill amazing even though the effect goes away when a move is blocked or if hit once? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Durden77

So, I have been off SF V in the past few weeks because of life, so how's everyone going ?

Urien and the new patch drop tomorrow right ?

The patch comes Thursday the 22nd, with Urien on the 23rd, I believe.

And oh you know it's good, just people still wanting to hit the other person harder than they try to hit them but the other person is thinking the same thing so

Just gotta hold on until next year. Then everyone will get urinated on.

Just gonna go ahead and put this out there.

I'm not a fan of Urien. I don't like the way he looks. I don't like his move set. I don't like his animations. I don't like his outfits. I hate corn chillidog or whatever from SFIII. Worst theme in SF history. It's barely a song. It's two notes back and fourth with a Casio drum loop playing over it. I don't like his personality, he's a douche. I resent the fact that he beat Nash in story mode, it's fake, Nash would kick his ass all up and down the Shadooloo hideout. I don't like the hype around him. I don't like the term "urienated"...ok that's actually kind of clever.

He looks frustratingly cheap. I hope he sucks. I hope you guys are disappointed.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I'm not a fan of Urien. I don't like the way he looks. I don't like his move set. I don't like his animations. I don't like his outfits. I hate corn chillidog or whatever from SFIII. Worst theme in SF history. It's barely a song. It's two notes back and fourth with a Casio drum loop playing over it. I don't like his personality, he's a douche. I resent the fact that he beat Nash in story mode, it's fake, Nash would kick his ass all up and down the Shadooloo hideout. I don't like the hype around him. I don't like the term "urienated"...ok that's actually kind of clever.

He looks frustratingly cheap. I hope he sucks. I hope you guys are disappointed.

Sounds like hammock envy to me.

JayEH

comeon.png

Top Bottom