• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Just gonna go ahead and put this out there.

I'm not a fan of Urien. I don't like the way he looks. I don't like his move set. I don't like his animations. I don't like his outfits. I hate corn chillidog or whatever from SFIII. Worst theme in SF history. It's barely a song. It's two notes back and fourth with a Casio drum loop playing over it. I don't like his personality, he's a douche. I resent the fact that he beat Nash in story mode, it's fake, Nash would kick his ass all up and down the Shadooloo hideout. I don't like the hype around him. I don't like the term "urienated"...ok that's actually kind of clever.

He looks frustratingly cheap. I hope he sucks. I hope you guys are disappointed.

lol

vulva

ggs fluxwavez, I think you were definitely in my head. Also for the life of me I couldn't get cr lp, lk sbk to come out to punish those ex peaches. Either way, you've got a great mika

as for lag, only some super small issues but mostly fine

I'm not a fan of Urien. I don't like the way he looks. I don't like his move set. I don't like his animations. I don't like his outfits. I hate corn chillidog or whatever from SFIII. Worst theme in SF history. It's barely a song. It's two notes back and fourth with a Casio drum loop playing over it. I don't like his personality, he's a douche. I resent the fact that he beat Nash in story mode, it's fake, Nash would kick his ass all up and down the Shadooloo hideout. I don't like the hype around him. I don't like the term "urienated"...ok that's actually kind of clever.

He looks frustratingly cheap. I hope he sucks. I hope you guys are disappointed.

"He's bad, and you all should feel bad for liking him."

That being said, I'm honestly more excited for the update itself than Urien's release.

Marvel

could never
"He's bad, and you all should feel bad for liking him."

That being said, I'm honestly more excited for the update itself than Urien's release.
While I will be playing around with Urien I too am really excited for the new update more.

Colours mostly lol

Jokes on you. I stopped believing in the DLC characters months ago lol.
which one is which.
Alex usage absolutely eclipses FANG usage. It's not even close anywhere.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

The only thing wrong with your rant is the bolded. The "puns" on his name are probably the worst thing about him.

Maybe they did douche him up a bit since his 3S iteration (which was, let's face it, just a naked guy kicking the shit out of people). But I've always appreciated just how plain mean he is, and they've managed to retain that in V (with a classy suit, no less).

I don't care if you're 100% right. I'm still gonna enjoy playing with him.
And when people "realise he sucks" and the hype dies down, I'm still gonna use him.

You find Old Testament Urien erotic?
Urien flashes his junk with practically every move, it's like Greek mythology meets Magic Mike. Whoever modeled this has my love and respect. (And I can learn to live with the mutton chops.)

It's funny how down I was initially on Urien's new costumes when they were first revealed, by now I love all of them. (Though we still undoubtedly need the original loincloth too.) Definitely the best over aesthetic in the game so far IMO.

A character being ass in SFV isn't anything like being ass in other games. At least the DLC characters are still viable, the hill is just more of a climb than for other characters.

You wanna talk about useless? Play R. Soul in Jojo HftF. Y'all don't know the meaning of powerless until you've tried to main that dude.

jsnepo

I've got a question about the DLC characters. In versus mode if player 1 already has DLC characters unlocked, will player 2 be able to play as any those characters too?

I've got a question about the DLC characters. In versus mode if player 1 already has DLC characters unlocked, will player 2 be able to play as any those characters too?
Offline, yes. The account that booted up the game needs to own the DLC and I'm assuming that's player 1. Anybody else can just come in and play whichever character they want.

jsnepo

Offline, yes. The account that booted up the game needs to own the DLC and I'm assuming that's player 1. Anybody else can just come in and play whichever character they want.

Does it require for player 1 (DLC owner) to have his account activated on the console?

Does it require for player 1 (DLC owner) to have his account activated on the console?
Activating the account on the console would normally allow sharing of DLC but in this game, it accomplishes jack shit since DLC in this game isn't shared.

So regardless of whether it's activated or not, the DLC owner needs to boot the game with their account.

Though activating it isn't necessary in this situation.

jsnepo

Activating the account on the console would normally allow sharing of DLC but in this game, it accomplishes jack shit since DLC in this game isn't shared.

So regardless of whether it's activated or not, the DLC owner needs to boot the game with their account.

Though activating it isn't necessary in this situation.

Excellent! Thanks for answering. I've got a local game lounge and is considering in accompanying nearby FGCs.

Let's not worry about Urien being low tier until a few weeks into him being out. Remember people thought Ken was trash at first.

According to Chris T, he still is.

And I don't think anyone realistically expects Urien to be top tier after seeing the last 5 DLC characters.

Solid character? Possibly.
Fun character? Most definitely.
But strong? No way.

Let's not worry about Urien being low tier until a few weeks into him being out. Remember people thought Ken was trash at first.

And that Bison was top tier. And that Guile would be OP. And that Ryu's parry wasn't that good.

I expect him to be the best out of the DLC characters.

@Wreck

And I don't think anyone realistically expects Urien to be top tier after seeing the last 5 DLC characters.

But strong? No way.

having fun is all that matters to me (using Balrog and all lol)

LakeEarth

having fun is all that matters to me (using Balrog and all lol)

Balrog is close to being great, he just needs a few tweaks to get him there, mainly an increased throw range to help open people up. His walk speed isn't good enough to make up for it. Right now, all you need is down-back and be ready to stand when you see his v-skill.

And his crouching medium punch could use a little more range, that'd be nice.

Capcom needs to release a beta edition for the game to test out DLC characters before they release. Lab Zero has done this but Capcom seems to be allergic to good ideas.

Everyone but Alex have been underwhelming and people saying Guile, his biggest disadvantage is walking forward and being being in low health to use that one V-Trigger combo that people try to use as Guile is not shit arugment. Why do you think they gave Guile a duck walk?

Then you have bastardization of characters, I hate Juri now. I hate her outfit, move set and theme. They turn one of the best characters SF4 with having flashy moves and good design to a shell who has no reason to be in the roster while on her way to a gimp party

Why do you think they gave Guile a duck walk?
It looks funny. Plus the crouch walk just feels useless, I don't think I've ever seen a Guile player use it except to intimidate (and it usually works).

It's just so slow.

DemandingMadDairycow.gif

We get one bad ass motherfucker and someone is already complaining... Guess Capcom needs to release more schoolgirls as dlc.

Everyone should be playing Senran Kagura instead.

Also true badasses never need to point out just how badass they are. It's like when a rapper keeps saying "I'm hardcore!".

Urien losing his cancelable cMK is a massive nerf from story Urien. He's a charge character and he still can't have good cancelable normals?

But strong? No way.

Juri is strong.

@Wreck

Balrog is close to being great, he just needs a few tweaks to get him there, mainly an increased throw range to help open people up. His walk speed isn't good enough to make up for it. Right now, all you need is down-back and be ready to stand when you see his v-skill.

And his crouching medium punch could use a little more range, that'd be nice.

he is close or below( =P) GREAT!

but i don't really see any changes to him in the near future

I was using him in Ultra and match ups where frustrating

in sfv though i always feel like i have an in.

i might switch to Urien cause used to use him in 3s

I used Balrog in sf4 series so its hard not to use him lol

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217606265]Urien losing his cancelable cMK is a massive nerf from story Urien. He's a charge character and he still can't have good cancelable normals?

Juri is strong.[/QUOTE]
He didn't have it in 3s, I think it was too good...

Skilletor

Capcom needs to release a beta edition for the game to test out DLC characters before they release. Lab Zero has done this but Capcom seems to be allergic to good ideas.

Everyone but Alex have been underwhelming and people saying Guile, his biggest disadvantage is walking forward and being being in low health to use that one V-Trigger combo that people try to use as Guile is not shit arugment. Why do you think they gave Guile a duck walk?

Then you have bastardization of characters, I hate Juri now. I hate her outfit, move set and theme. They turn one of the best characters SF4 with having flashy moves and good design to a shell who has no reason to be in the roster while on her way to a gimp party

Actually the only people that say that one v-trigger combo is any good are people that never understood how Guile works. We just had several pages of solid discussion about why people think Guile is good and you still spout this type of nonsense (and not once did boom loops even come up, I believe).

You've shown a very shallow understanding of how this game works and every comment you make cements that further. What does Guile having the duck walk have to do with anything?

And I think Juri is amazing, love her new moveset, love her animations, love the way she plays now. Sorry that SF4 Juri players lost that version. I know that feel. I lost Ibuki, afterall.

Top Bottom