• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Shadoken

It looks like an alternate intro to the character ? Wtf secret code to fight as thong urien ?

That would be amazing if true , it's been a while since we got something like this in SF.

Button combo intro please.

Also, Blair is looking THICC. Put this girl in SFV. We need more muscle women.

ex03.jpg

Skilletor

Its because Guile has too many flaws. There is not one thing about Guile that stands out other than his ability to combo Cr.mk into overhead. Now if Guile was more like his Usf4 counterpart then it will be a different story. He should be able to combo Cr.jab xx Cr.mp.

Same f9r if you aren't going to back up your defense and give examples.

This is the kind of stuff I mean.

You want him to be able to combo cr. jab into c.mp. Right now, c.lp is +5 on hit, c.mp is 6 frames. So do you want to make c.lp +6 on hit? which would mean guile can now combo into his sweep on CH. He can now combo into s.hp on CH.

Or do you want to speed up c.mp to 5 frames? Right now, at +1, this would make sonic boom pressure ridiculous.

He doesn't need to be able to do this kind of stuff. With that link, he turns closer into an sf4 character with knockdowns after boom combos.

Durden77

I will get gold tonight. I must. Ultra Silver now. I almost hit gold with Nash but I dropped down to high Ultra Bronze when I switched and fully focused on Guile. Clawing my way back up with Guile has been a blast and I feel stronger than I ever did with Nash.

And then this weekend will be all Urien shenanigans.

This is the kind of stuff I mean.

You want him to be able to combo cr. jab into c.mp. Right now, c.lp is +5 on hit, c.mp is 6 frames. So do you want to make c.lp +6 on hit? which would mean guile can now combo into his sweep on CH. He can now combo into s.hp on CH.

Or do you want to slow down is c.mp to 5 frames? Right now, at +1, this would make sonic boom pressure ridiculous.

C.lp is actually +4 on hit and c.mp is 6f start up.

Either way that having him be able to combo into c.mp from c.lp without a counter hit would be pretty stupid. It's pretty easy to hit counters with his c.lp too because of it's range.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I will get gold tonight. I must. Ultra Silver now. I almost hit gold with Nash but I dropped down to high Ultra Bronze when I switched and fully focused on Guile. Clawing my way back up with Guile has been a blast and I feel stronger than I ever did with Nash.

And then this weekend will be all Urien shenanigans.

Either way that having him be able to combo into c.mp from c.lp without a counter hit would be pretty stupid. It's pretty easy to hit counters with his c.lp too because of it's range.

I'm also pretty close to Gold right now, trying to see if I can get it today before the patch.

Skilletor

Is the guide wrong, then? It says +5.

Edit: Vframes says +4, so that's probably right, haha.

I fixed my other mistakes :)

But yes, it would be a ridiculously stupid change. He can already combo booms from c.lp into whatver he wants.

mbpm1

tl:dr zombegoast just wants to play sf4

Who's higher on the tier list - Zombie or Broly?

I think Broly's setups are worst but his overall execution is just better. Zombie has too many holes in his gameplan.

Ok...hit diamond with both of my accounts, I'm off ranked now.

Anyone wanna do sets tonight? Could actually use help in some of my weak match ups.

- Sim
- Laura
- Bison
- Cammy

Shadoken

I remember how few pages back people were talking about how that Thong outfit was just a mod by some random dude LOL

Ah

Any theories on how to trigger that intro?

Select Urien press UUDDLRLR Press Punch Kick and Start for 1P or press Kick Punch and Start for 2P costume.

If anything, I could imagine them buffing c.MP to be +4 on hit, to allow him to combo c.MP->c.LP->Boom/Flash Kick, and link 2 c.MPs on a counter hit. It'd make his s.HP->c.MP->Boom/Flash Kick BnB a little bit easier too.

But yeah, c.LP->c.MP on a normal hit would be too much and definitely ain't happenin' with the way this game works.

Durden77

If anything, I could imagine them buffing c.MP to be +4 on hit, to allow him to combo c.MP->c.LP->Boom/Flash Kick, and link 2 c.MPs on a counter hit. It'd make his s.HP->c.MP->Boom/Flash Kick BnB a little bit easier too.

But yeah, c.LP->c.MP on a normal hit would be too much and definitely ain't happenin' with the way this game works.

0e3.png

That actually seems like a reasonable buff that I could maybe see happening. Linking 2 c.mp on counter hit would be extremely satisfying.

I'm also pretty close to Gold right now, trying to see if I can get it today before the patch.

TONIGHT IS OUR NIGHT

Producer

Been in the lab with Necalli and damn this guy is a beast. Meaties after his front and back throw, after his standard bnb, all his lights are plus on block, and this is all without VT activated.

mbpm1

Been in the lab with Necalli and damn this guy is a beast. Meaties after his front and back throw, after his standard bnb, all his lights are plus on block, and this is all without VT activated.

After every knockdown get readied for the Crush counter or cmd throw

After seeing your Chun, the thought of seeing what you could do with Necalli in the Guile matchup is terrifying.

Producer

After every knockdown get readied for the Crush counter or cmd throw

Wake up with jab and watch your opponent instantly die.

Lol yeah, seems like im jump back teching this dude from now on

After seeing your Chun, the thought of seeing what you could do with Necalli in the Guile matchup is terrifying.

Its gonna take me weeks to get good with him, the muscle memory from exclusively playing chun is too strong

I never understood the random fire he can do. Lol

He has the ability of metal/electricity but fire isn't shown in his moveset, besides that pillar he does. :p

When's SF6 so we can get the ultimate Urien.

Edit: You know.. This may confirm something. We'd be able to rock the bomber jacket on Alex, or have it off. Right? That'd be a cool thing to start doing!

Its gonna take me weeks to get good with him, the muscle memory from exclusively playing chun is too strong

Yeah, your execution and reactions were so good that I almost felt like I was playing drunk by comparison a lot of times. I've got a pretty good track record fighting Chun, but yours just had absolutely no fear, and didn't fall for the tricks they usually do. Lemme know if you wanna get some matches in to train Necalli up, or just grind the Chun/Guile matchup some more.

Top Bottom