• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

SephLuis

GGs guys. Sorry about the lag.

Gonna have to go back to training daily. Life has been getting in the way recently, I am just happy I didn't rusted as bad as I thought.

Jokes on you. I stopped believing in the DLC characters months ago lol.

Alex usage absolutely eclipses FANG usage. It's not even close anywhere.

The only thing wrong with your rant is the bolded. The "puns" on his name are probably the worst thing about him.

Maybe they did douche him up a bit since his 3S iteration (which was, let's face it, just a naked guy kicking the shit out of people). But I've always appreciated just how plain mean he is, and they've managed to retain that in V (with a classy suit, no less).

I don't care if you're 100% right. I'm still gonna enjoy playing with him.
And when people "realise he sucks" and the hype dies down, I'm still gonna use him.

We get one bad ass motherfucker and someone is already complaining... Guess Capcom needs to release more schoolgirls as dlc.

lol Love you guys.

Button combo intro please.

Also, Blair is looking THICC. Put this girl in SFV. We need more muscle women.

ex03.jpg

854295-cheetara11.jpg

LakeEarth

Finally juggled Balrog's anti-air v-skill punch into a dash punch in a real match. It's not a good anti-air, so when I actually get the juggle (usually using it in the neutral and catching them at the start of their jump), I'm never ready for it.

AmyS

Hey guys, just got a physical PS4 copy -- never played SFV before.

The update that's downloading right now, for me, is 1.05 (it's 8.5 GB) so I'd imagine there is more once this update installs and/or the Sept 22 update, right?

Hey guys, just got a physical PS4 copy -- never played SFV before.

The update that's downloading right now, for me, is 1.05 (it's 8.5 GB) so I'd imagine there is more once this update installs and/or the Sept 22 update, right?

Yes, and there's also another 8gigs for the cinematic story which you need to download yourself.

AmyS

Yes, and there's also another 8gigs for the cinematic story which you need to download yourself.

Haha, I knew it, thx.

Another question, how long might it take to earn enough Fight Money to buy a DLC character, I'd go for Guile since the jet in the stage looks bad ass, and well, Guile / theme.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm not even a beginner yet!

If we're going by topped ranked players, looking at this tells us a few things: https://v-league.pro/tierslist

Guile is seeing the most play of the DLC characters in the top 100, with almost double the 2nd most played DLC character (Balrog) with 2257 matches vs. 1150.

Guile's win rate is the second highest of the DLC characters, behind Juri. But comparing Guile's 2257 matches in the top 100 to Juri's 165, Juri's winrate might not be a reliable statistic.

Alex, the character you keep saying is the best of the DLC characters, has the lowest winrate in the top 100, with a 3.8 average, and the lowest winrate of all characters. Even Gief is sitting kinda pretty by comparison with a 4.8.

Yes, this is the top 100 and not the top 50, but it's still interesting info on the topic.
These numbers hurt so bad for Alex.

Jeez
『Inaba Resident』;217624325 said:
So Urien actually can go into the classic costume apparently.
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/778634323524198400
Looks like the future isn't completely doomed yet.
I honestly can't decide whether the Alex/Chun matchup is worse for Alex in this game or 3S.
It's a tossup. Alex has more combos in SFV, faster powerbomb startup, an armored move in EX slash elbow and his CA is safer to use than his 3S Boomerang Raid. On the other hand he has higher health, parries, f.HP AA, a more unpredictable flying cross chop, a very punishing overhead in st.HP (one of two) and fullscreen tracking EX stomp on deck in 3S. Both of them are ultimately about taking calculated risks, but the 3S version has higher health and stun potential on his side while the other has better guaranteed damage.

Haha, I knew it, thx.

Another question, how long might it take to earn enough Fight Money to buy a DLC character, I'd go for Guile since the jet in the stage looks bad ass, and well, Guile / theme.

Play through the story stuff and in a few hours, you'll have enough.

Guile's stage is a separate purchase from Guile -- you can get it without having to buy Guile himself.

Haha, I knew it, thx.

Playing the easy stuff (story, easy survival) with all characters(16) will net you 18k fm per character, or 288k fm, then on top of that you can do cinematic story which nets you another 30k. 318k fm or 3 characters fairly easy.

The harder stuff, would be all the trials and normal survival which nets you 31k fm per character, plus cinematic story extra for another 50k, or 546k fm total.
Then there's more stuff like character demos and demonstration that also give a bit of FM.
And each dlc character ofcourse nets you another chance for that 18-31k FM, so you get a slight rebate.

Durden77

GUILE

IS

GOLD

Finally! I'm stronger than I ever was with Nash with Guile now. I've been really cracking down on this game latley and it's payed off.

Also, since I started back playing this game super hard in the past 2 weeks, I haven't had a single rage quit. The system may not be perfect but it seems to be doing it's job.

Now I am SO ready for the update tomorrow.

mbpm1

GUILE

IS

GOLD

Finally! I'm stronger than I ever was with Nash with Guile now. I've been really cracking down on this game latley and it's payed off.

Also, since I started back playing this game super hard in the past 2 weeks, I haven't had a single rage quit. The system may not be perfect but it seems to be doing it's job.

Urine is also Gold

Sheroking

I'm a little impatient for Urien so I tried to use an unlocker to play with him in Training Mode, but I've run into a weird issue.

Street Fighter 5 won't start in Admin mode. It says "checking for updates", the screen blips on and then it immediately crashes. Works 100% fine when it's run normally. Windows Defender is off and I've redownloaded the game... nothing.

Anyone have this happen/have an idea?

vulva

I'm a little impatient for Urien so I tried to use an unlocker to play with him in Training Mode, but I've run into a weird issue.

Street Fighter 5 won't start in Admin mode. It says "checking for updates", the screen blips on and then it immediately crashes. Works 100% fine when it's run normally. Windows Defender is off and I've redownloaded the game... nothing.

Anyone have this happen/have an idea?

The Russian hackers now have your bank account

GUILE

IS

GOLD

53387866.jpg

I'll have you crawling back to Nash with roses and chocolates after I do your Guile dirty with him :p

Top Bottom