• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

KingBroly

Banned
do you think game companies should make long term profit for long term support of games? Or do you believe they should just bleed money for us to keep playing their game until they go under?

I'm not really sure what you're asking here. I think Capcom's taken a very 'mobile' approach to SF5 in terms of revenue, which is going to bite them in the ass sooner than later at this rate. It's simply not a sustainable model. Even on mobile, a game's average lifespan is insanely short.

I'd rather them ditch Fight Money, because I think it's at the root of a lot of SF5's problems, both in terms of DLC pricing and overall design philosophy.

Zackat

I'm not really sure what you're asking here. I think Capcom's taken a very 'mobile' approach to SF5 in terms of revenue, which is going to bite them in the ass sooner than later at this rate. It's simply not a sustainable model. Even on mobile, a game's average lifespan is insanely short.

I'd rather them ditch Fight Money, because I think it's at the root of a lot of SF5's problems, both in terms of DLC pricing and overall design philosophy.
Actually I think they should have gone all the way and made it f2p like they probably intended before the suits got involved.

And this model is perfectly sustainable. The most popular games in the world use models similar to this. Their PR and messaging could use some work though.

KingBroly

Banned
Actually I think they should have gone all the way and made it f2p like they probably intended before the suits got involved.

And this model is perfectly sustainable. The most popular games in the world use models similar to this. Their PR and messaging could use some work though.

They never intended it to be F2P. They wanted their cake and to eat it, too.

They tried to walk a line and continue to fail at it. Them dropping Zenny because their programming is awful is the first step. The model, as is, is not sustainable in the market it's in. PS4 and PC are not mobile phones played by everyone. They are dedicated devices. There is an expectation of quality that SF5 simply does not have. It is an incomplete product with broken features. Period. If this was a F2P game, it'd be a disaster because Capcom's programming skills SUCK. This is not a service game. This is a 'we're saying one thing to cover our ass game.' Now that they have DLC out, they no longer have to cover their asses, because they know their whales will buy whatever shit they put out, regardless of how good it is.

On top of that, all of those PC mods that make Capcom look like amateurs? Capcom broke them today. From the Survival Mod to costume and stage mods. Capcom simply doesn't want anything getting in the way of them making money, especially stuff that the community makes.

Zackat

They tried to walk a line and continue to fail at it. Them dropping Zenny because their programming is awful is the first step. The model, as is, is not sustainable in the market it's in. PS4 and PC are not mobile phones played by everyone. They are dedicated devices. There is an expectation of quality that SF5 simply does not have. It is an incomplete product with broken features. Period. If this was a F2P game, it'd be a disaster because Capcom's programming skills SUCK. This is not a service game. This is a 'we're saying one thing to cover our ass game.' Now that they have DLC out, they no longer have to cover their asses, because they know their whales will buy whatever shit they put out, regardless of how good it is.

On top of that, all of those PC mods that make Capcom look like amateurs? Capcom broke them today. From the Survival Mod to costume and stage mods. Capcom simply doesn't want anything getting in the way of them making money, especially stuff that the community makes.
rmdSx.gif

So Birdie is the hardest hitting character in the game right? Cause I just found a Birdie combo in V-Trigger that does 670 damage (with CA).

St.hk CC xx St.hk xx cr.mp xx m.bullhorn xx CA

All in V-Trigger of course. There are harder hitting combos in the game (I think Balrog's fully charged TAP can lead to insane damage) but this is actually doable in a match as compared to holding down 2 buttons for 60 seconds.

Fitts

So I fucked up pretty hard last night. Instead of closing the application on the PS4 dashboard I deleted the game. (yup, I was drinking) GAF, is my progress going to be ok?

So I fucked up pretty hard last night. Instead of closing the application on the PS4 dashboard I deleted the game. (yup, I was drinking) GAF, is my progress going to be ok?

Your drunken stupor is continuing, apparently! Deleting the game doesn't erase your saves, so rest easy.

As long as you didn't specifically go into settings and delete the save data, I think you're good. You'll just have to reinstall.

Scotia

Banned

You'll still have everything. You'll just have to re-install the game back onto your dashboard.

Fitts

Cool, thanks for the responses y'all. I've never done this before so I didn't know how badly I may have screwed myself.

Pompadour

So I get out to grab a few drinks with the lads, I go to bed without checking the interwebs and I wake up to a new ridiculously overpriced stage and a bunch of amazing new costumes to buy. Wonder how much of those $25/10 really got to the CPT prize. I'd actually consider buying the stage or the pack if susbtantial information about this was added. As is I adopt a very wait and see stance on the whole subject.

We'll never find out but I'm betting the increased price difference is for CPT. So a regular premium is $4 and these are $6 so probably around $2 goes to the CPT.

Zerojul

We'll never find out but I'm betting the increased price difference is for CPT. So a regular premium is $4 and these are $6 so probably around $2 goes to the CPT.

Going by that logic that would mean buying the stage adds $6 the CPT prize. I will consider that, over 50% doesn't sound that bad at all to me.

Yeah, it's kinda shit.

Basically any costumes that modified costume 1's colours don't work anymore, and I'm not even sure if you can force a different colours file over the top because they've moved some extra .pak files into AppData which load when you boot the game. :/

So for example my Laura shirt one will still work fine, but literally anything else made that didn't use the original colours won't (so my Harley Mika one is fucked).

Yeah, it's kinda shit.

Basically any costumes that modified costume 1's colours don't work anymore, and I'm not even sure if you can force a different colours file over the top because they've moved some extra .pak files into AppData which load when you boot the game. :/

So for example my Laura shirt one will still work fine, but literally anything else made that didn't use the original colours won't (so my Harley Mika one is fucked).

Is that something they did on purpose to fuck with the modders you think or an unfortunate side effect of something else?

DMNBT

Neo Member
Uh, so did Capcom do anything about the PS4 colors/FM exploit, besides blocking it? I used it and I still have my FM and colors...

Is that something they did on purpose to fuck with the modders you think or an unfortunate side effect of something else?
Honestly... Probably a bit of both. I'm sure they're fed up of people data mining on PC, but the main reason for most of the changes so far seems to be to stop people from using DLC that they don't own, and to stop people from playing as unreleased characters - but you can still do all of this using either mass hex editing or cheat engine, it just takes much longer - and that's something they literally can't stop unless they're going to scan all your files when you boot the game.

So essentially they're changing things that's not going to stop anyone determined, with the side effect being that each successive patch has made modding more and more difficult to the point where I imagine many are just going to stop.

What's really ticking me off about the costumes is that they're making tonnes of them for the attractive Female cast but we've seen next to no extra ones for the male cast. I think FANG and Birdie are gonna get seriously shafted in this regard.

EDIT: I mean I can understand taking advantage of the thirst for more sales but come on.

MrCarter

giphy.gif

Scotia

Banned
What's really ticking me off about the costumes is that they're making tonnes of them for the attractive Female cast but we've seen next to no extra ones for the male cast. I think FANG and Birdie are gonna get seriously shafted in this regard.

EDIT: I mean I can understand taking advantage of the thirst for more sales but come on.

I agree completely. It annoys me that it looks like we're not going to get beach and luxury costumes for any of the guys.

Cellsai

what's this? what does it do?

and what's the deal with capcom not fixing survival mode? what's wrong with it in the 1st place?

It's a brutal chore that basically no one enjoys.
There are obviously exceptions, but there is a vast majority that detest it and want changes made so it's not so infuriating and boring.

Steroyd

what's this? what does it do?

and what's the deal with capcom not fixing survival mode? what's wrong with it in the 1st place?

Too many matches of brain dead AI then the AI just randomly decides to do step it up 30 games in and curb stomps you, and you can't redo that particular fight you have start from scratch, not to mention the RNG of restoring health because whatever health you have at the end of the round carries onto the next round, so you're fucked if you have 1HP at round 49, and then get the low health recovery option into the final round.

KingBroly

Banned
Too many matches of brain dead AI then the AI just randomly decides to do step it up 30 games in and curb stomps you, and you can't redo that particular fight you have start from scratch, not to mention the RNG of restoring health because whatever health you have at the end of the round carries onto the next round, so you're fucked if you have 1HP at round 49, and then get the low health recovery option into the final round.

And if you get disconnected from the server, you have to start from Round 1 again. Your progress isn't saved. You don't get a second chance. You're simply punished because the servers or your internet dropped for half a second.

And then you realize you have to do it for every costume you buy, not just every character.

Survival Mode simply isn't 'people being salty.' It's a legitimately terrible, unfair and broken mode.

Raitaro

Have you tried the network test on your PS4? A couple of months I had a weird problem that wouldn't let me connect to PSN properly and it was my ISP fault.

Thanks for chiming in. To answer your question: yes, I've run multiple tests and they all succeed normally (with NAT being at 2) so no issues there. Weird, right? It's as if the game itself is deciding it doesn't like my router or internet and won't let the update go through from Capcom's servers/PSN.

1.06 update is downloading, anyone know what its for?

You don't know how lucky you are... :-(

But yeah, as others have said, I believe it's for the downloadable CPT stuff (stage, colors, costumes) whereas 1.05 was for the Ibuki fix amongst others.

I agree completely. It annoys me that it looks like we're not going to get beach and luxury costumes for any of the guys.
It's totally bogus.

They've yet to even make good on their assurance to offer "Hot Ryu" inspired alts for the other men, and that was said months ago. At least Urien looks good.

DOA5 model, obviously
Even DoA has started to offer sexy content for the guys. Capcom has no excuse.

They gave people Hot Ryu and Banana Hammock Urien

They also gave people Banana Hair Ken
They need to do a lot better.

Ken would be a perfect character to start with. His backstory and personality lends itself well to sexy situations. Instead we get an alt that looks like a GI Joe that was left in the sun too long.

Top Bottom