• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Honestly... Probably a bit of both. I'm sure they're fed up of people data mining on PC, but the main reason for most of the changes so far seems to be to stop people from using DLC that they don't own, and to stop people from playing as unreleased characters - but you can still do all of this using either mass hex editing or cheat engine, it just takes much longer - and that's something they literally can't stop unless they're going to scan all your files when you boot the game.

So essentially they're changing things that's not going to stop anyone determined, with the side effect being that each successive patch has made modding more and more difficult to the point where I imagine many are just going to stop.

Concerning. Very concerning.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
sfv-stage-ring-of-destiny.jpg

This looks so good.

Yeah, hopefully modders will do a "No Gimmick" mod for this to remove those NPC's. Then it'd be perfect.

sfv-stage-ring-of-destiny.jpg

This looks so good.

I feel like they should try to force most of the players to use this stage during top 8. The stage looks amazing and it'd be a great way to show off the game on ESPN and during peak viewership on Twitch. I mean they do want people to buy this stuff, right? No better time than that time to force it down our throats lol.

Raitaro

For what it's worth I've tried to get some kind of ball rolling on my 1.05/6 download problem by sending out tweets to Combofiend, SFV Server and some youtubers who cover fighting games, while using #Evo2016 and #SFV. I'll probably won't reach many people but why not try, right? And hey, BornFree did retweet my tweet to help spread the word so that's something at least.

If anyone here cares enough to help, feel free to join my twitter "chorus" by sending out that some folks can no longer use the game online or earn FM due to having trouble downloading update 1.05/6 due to error 22004 (which also happened during the beta and might be linked to using a router). Cheers!

I might try the phone tethering method tomorrow as a last resort and assuming it won't exhaust with my data limit. Does anyone know how big update 1.06 was? I'm still on 1.04 but it seems it wants to jump to 1.06 last time I tried so hopefully I won't need to download 1.05 as well using my phone...

For what it's worth I've tried to get some kind of ball rolling on my 1.05/6 download problem by sending out tweets to Combofiend, SFV Server and some youtubers who cover fighting games, while using #Evo2016 and #SFV. I'll probably won't reach many people but why not try, right? And hey, BornFree did retweet my tweet to help spread the word so that's something at least.

If anyone here cares enough to help, feel free to join my twitter "chorus" by sending out that some folks can no longer use the game online or earn FM due to having trouble downloading update 1.05/6 due to error 22004 (which also happened during the beta and might be linked to using a router). Cheers!

I might try the phone tethering method tomorrow as a last resort and assuming it won't exhaust with my data limit. Does anyone know how big update 1.06 was? I'm still on 1.04 but it seems it wants to jump to 1.06 last time I tried so hopefully I won't need to download 1.05 as well using my phone...
1.05 was relatively small, but 1.06 was kinda bigger. Maybe somewhere between 100-200 MB?

Nope, it's a fantastic method and I think all F2P or micro transaction heavy games should use it. Sure, it preys on people with addictive personalities but for all the rest of us it results in free content updates and a seemingly healthy player base.

Any game that has lootboxes with duplicates can go fuck itself with it's cosmetic distribution. Luckily that stuff is easy enough to ignore if you only care about the gameplay (but even then OW was already starting to get boring a month after release).

My TV is a decent flatscreen that I've had for a handful of years.

I always felt my execution was booty.

But then I switched to my old monitor while watching EVO, and holy shit I'm landing things a lot better.

I like fishing in Guilty Gear, why don't we do that here?

Fishing is too good for this world.

But then I switched to my old monitor while watching EVO, and holy shit I'm landing things a lot better.

A reminder to everyone that if you're not playing fighting games on a monitor, you're fucking up.

I like fishing in Guilty Gear, why don't we do that here?
What's fishing?

Monitors are always preferred. There are TVs out there with good display latency (or lack of it I guess). Check displaylag.com for scores on particular models if you're interested.

What's fishing?

You get money that you earn in game from GG from doing basically anything like versus, story, lounge, trials, etc. Then you can go fishing with it which is basically just opening lootboxes. You can earn anything from colors, icons, titles, music, and even the DLC characters like Raven.

A reminder to everyone that if you're not playing fighting games on a monitor, you're fucking up.

I played much of my SF4 "career" on my monitor and did alright. When I moved to SFV, I switched TVs so I could see better (plus that shit was at 1080p!) and felt myself slipping.

I tested this theory online recently and played quite a bit better. Fucking kill me.

What's fishing?

Monitors are always preferred. There are TVs out there with good display latency (or lack of it I guess). Check displaylag.com for scores on particular models if you're interested.

I might upgrade to a better TV real soon here. Thanks for the link!

You get money that you earn in game from GG from doing basically anything like versus, story, lounge, trials, etc. Then you can go fishing with it which is basically just opening lootboxes. You can earn anything from colors, icons, titles, music, and even the DLC characters like Raven.

That's cool. Completely unrelated but could you give me a bit of a rundown on Guilty Gear? I'm interested in getting it.

How's the netcode?

The gameplay seems quite a lot like Skullgirls, is that an apt comparison?

That's cool. Completely unrelated but could you give me a bit of a rundown on Guilty Gear? I'm interested in getting it.

How's the netcode?

The gameplay seems quite a lot like Skullgirls, is that an apt comparison?

You should've watched it last night! There was a fundraiser to bring a lot of the top Japanese players out to EVO and they managed to bring around 40~ Japanese players here to play. There was lots of incredible sets last night and you should at the least definitely tune in for Top 8 tomorrow.

As for the game itself, it focuses a lot on the setplay/oki where certain characters in that game make Mika/Laura setplay look childish. Of course, having a strong neutral game is certainly important. Also the game uses a mechanic called Roman Cancels which work a lot like SFV V-triggers where it slows down time and can be used to punish opponents whiffs much easier, be used to extend combos, make combos off of throws, etc.. Guilty Gear is a really hard game to describe and even play, but it's a lot of fun at any level. Personally, I thought Sign was kinda mediocre, but Revelator stepped it up big time and made it a fantastic game.

It's an ASW netcode so obviously it's not that great. If both opponents have a good connection then it works perfectly fine, otherwise you'll have a lot of input delay. I'll say that it's not as good as SFV/KI/SG, but it's certainly better than KoF and the recent Steam ASW releases like Melty and UNIEL.

The SG comparison is kinda wrong, since GG actually isn't that combo heavy and isn't a team fighter. The game has some really extreme damage scaling so high combos aren't really optimal in favor of combos that provide good damage and can cause knockdowns for the next mix up. They both are similar in that you want to push your opponent to the corner as soon as you can since that's where most of your damage/oki will come from.

Oh and if you play GG, you'll soon understand Johnny and Elphelt hate.

You should've watched it last night! There was a fundraiser to bring a lot of the top Japanese players out to EVO and they managed to bring around 40~ Japanese players here to play. There was lots of incredible sets last night and you should at the least definitely tune in for Top 8 tomorrow.

As for the game itself, it focuses a lot on the setplay/oki where certain characters in that game make Mika/Laura setplay look childish. Of course, having a strong neutral game is certainly important. Also the game uses a mechanic called Roman Cancels which work a lot like SFV V-triggers where it slows down time and can be used to punish opponents whiffs much easier, be used to extend combos, make combos off of throws, etc.. Guilty Gear is a really hard game to describe and even play, but it's a lot of fun at any level. Personally, I thought Sign was kinda mediocre, but Revelator stepped it up big time and made it a fantastic game.

It's an ASW netcode so obviously it's not that great. If both opponents have a good connection then it works perfectly fine, otherwise you'll have a lot of input delay. I'll say that it's not as good as SFV/KI/SG, but it's certainly better than KoF and the recent Steam ASW releases like Melty and UNIEL.

The SG is kinda wrong, since GG actually isn't that combo heavy. The game has some really extreme damage scaling so high combos aren't really optimal. They both are similar in that you want to push your opponent to the corner as soon as you can since that's where most of your damage/oki will come from.

Oh and if you play GG, you'll soon understand Johnny and Elphelt hate.
I did catch Top 8 for Guilty Gear last year, with the infamous Woshige miscount. I was interested then but people kept saying to wait for the new version that'll be coming out. Will definitely tune in for the top 8 tomorrow.

Sounds interesting, I really love games based around low hit/high damage combos. Will definitely give it a shot eventually, if it goes on sale soon then that'll make my life easier lol.

What's fishing?

They don't even have my brand[emerson] in their database. Guess thats a good sign, lol.

I did catch Top 8 for Guilty Gear last year, with the infamous Woshige miscount. I was interested then but people kept saying to wait for the new version that'll be coming out. Will definitely tune in for the top 8 tomorrow.

Sounds interesting, I really love games based around low hit/high damage combos. Will definitely give it a shot eventually, if it goes on sale soon then that'll make my life easier lol.

I would've been one of those people :p

The roster was pretty meh last year, but the new additions are really cool as well as the new modes in the game. If it's sales are anything like Sign last year, I imagine it won't be long till it gets a sale on PSN

Spending some time with juri against lvl8 ken, and she really doesn't seem that unfinished, just different like ibuki and rog.

I don't think she's going to get a divekick back, her hazanshu serves a pretty similar purpose, I think they removed it so she can't easily air juggle into super (same reason why her j mp doesn't juggle into itself anymore either).
And she does have a bunch of really good buttons.

The only thing I don't really like currently, is that her medium kick fireball is not an overhead, but it's unsafe on block, it only seems worth it if you can actually confirm the hit, so you can confirm into cMP.

Also, the crowd on ring of destiny stage gets all rowdy when you get low health.

A bit disheartening, but I'll figure it out. At this point, the problems lie less with the character and more with the way I play.

Have you been able to catch any EVO matches with boxer on stream? There's been some pretty good boxers doing some work. It's good to see people be somewhat successful with such a new character.

FluxWaveZ

Have you been able to catch any EVO matches with boxer on stream? There's been some pretty good boxers doing some work. It's good to see people be somewhat successful with such a new character.

Yeah, I've been tuning in. It's pretty much been PR Rog and just one other player (against Ryu player RIP) from what I've seen, though the one who truly made Rog shine was PR Rog.

Speaking of Rog, here's a piece of tech I don't see anybody using. Rog's cFP is a pretty common anti-air, but it pushes the opponent too far away to continue pressuring. But depending on how late you hit your opponent, cFP xx LP dash punch xx empty v-skill leaves you point blank around +1 against your opponent:

lYyDnJ.gif

cFP is really weird, though. It's one of the few normals that is basically two different normals in one depending on when it hits. Late cFP doesn't crush counter, for instance.

Edzi

lol, so now they're saying that the CPT bundle will help add to the CPT prize pool "depending on how well it sells". Scummy as hell, considering how overpriced it is.

Xeteh

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210224622]Itazan v reversal combo into super might have been the craziest thing I've seen all evo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that got a reaction out of me.

Hypest moments so far:
Nemo going ham with that set up.
Kazu with his insane Cammy against SonicFox
Art VS Momo (the whole fucking time)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
lol, so now they're saying that the CPT bundle will help add to the CPT prize pool "depending on how well it sells". Scummy as hell, considering how overpriced it is.
Yeah, that's really bad PR again. Would be completely different if they said "50% goes to CPT". This is shit. Haunts pls

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I think I heard that yesterday from Combofiend. A really nutty asterisk, considering the price.

KingBroly

Banned

So, I take this as 'nothing from this is ever going into the Prize Pool from this.'

vg260

Good lord.

Can we please go back to the AE/Ultra style updates with reasonably priced DLC? Clearly Capcom can't balance this free character model properly.

Mr. X

Capcom is so fucking bad at this DLC stuff and announcing. Combofiend saying the DLC has to sell a certain amount before it starts going into the pot.

And the DLC is pretty shitty and not even a lot of content when you compare it to the $30 Season Pass lol

Whatever, I just want to turn off NPCs on ever stage.

Top Bottom