• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Hyun Sai

That doesn't mean much. IMO for Gaming music , some tracks sound amazing in-game but dont necessarily feel the same when you are listening to it outside of the game.

For me, the very definition of good game music is that I can enjoy it oustide the game.

---------------------------------

So what's the current take on those "hot dog" on the head stages and the competitive scene ? Banned or not ?

JayEH

For me, the very definition of good game music is that I can enjoy it oustide the game.

So what's the current take on those "hot dog" on the head stages and the competitive scene ? Banned or not ?

that would be banning most of the stages lol.

Moaradin

Don't see why they would be banned. The noodles in the China stage have been there since day 1. Though this stuff will be a lot more common now with most of the stages having them.

Damn and here i thought the general opinion was SF3 had a really good OST.

That doesn't mean much. IMO for Gaming music , some tracks sound amazing in-game but dont necessarily feel the same when you are listening to it outside of the game.

Like Jazzy NYC with that NY subway stage in 3S , it all adds so much character. But if you remove all that and just listen to the track , perhaps it doesnt have the same effect.
Good music remains good music outside of the situation it's meant for. Obviously video game music works best in the actual setting but it's incredibly rare to find music that's not good outside of the game but is in-game. And Urien's theme was ok in a fight but not worth listening to outside of it IMO.

I guess this also comes into personal preference how much a person wants to listen to a game's OST outside of it.

now you know how fang users feel when playing
I.... can't really argue with this.

EDIT: And why ban stages? All the crap on the head after the transitions falls off after getting hit once I believe. And it's not like it's obscuring a significant detail like the hands or the feet.

Shadoken

Shouldnt it be the otherway around ?

Good Music = Stuff you can listen anywhere
Good Game music = Stuff that is really good when playing the game

Pace,theme,Art,Character it all plays a part. IMO I like it when SF Character themes have some catchy tune to it. Otherwise even if it is good its just forgettable.

Don't see why they would be banned. The noodles in the China stage have been there since day 1. Though this stuff will be a lot more common now with most of the stages having them.

Hot Dog is weirdly big and very distracting. Stuff like the noodle hat,samurai helmet and bananas dont do much.

Damn and here i thought the general opinion was SF3 had a really good OST.

Like Jazzy NYC with that NY subway stage in 3S , it all adds so much character. But if you remove all that and just listen to the track , perhaps it doesnt have the same effect. Some SFV tracks actually have the opposite effect , they sound pretty decent by themselves but in-game its not even noticeable. Some Tracks are a bit slow for how fast paced the game is.

2I all day, err day

new headline "SFV sells more than 2 million copies overnight"

Let's not go crazy now.

UiP99aB.jpg

They really need to make an English version of the CFN website where you can access fighter profiles and replays and shit like you can in the game. Similar to like LBP and Mario Maker's websites and shit. Dunno how they haven't done that yet.
It took them 7 months after release to add daily challenges.

Just... throwing it out there.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They really need to make an English version of the CFN website where you can access fighter profiles and replays and shit like you can in the game. Similar to like LBP and Mario Maker's websites and shit. Dunno how they haven't done that yet.
They should just add it to the game. Have a wiki, the content is there already.

I played 3s for years, hated the music, and only recognize it in the game.

I always just go, "okay." when people praise it as some amazing OST.

I'm not a huge fan, either. Mostly forgettable tracks that don't really go anywhere, with a few good ones and the most truly awful track in SF history (Beatsinbeatsinbeatsbeatsinbeatsinbeats...easily worse than Juri's SFV theme)

I can understand the appeal, but it's not for me. On the other hand, I think SFV has the best soundtrack in the series in Alpha 2.

Also, Guile character theme > Air Force Base theme, but both are great. From that second solo to the end of the track gets me hype every time.

KingBroly

Banned
lol, not that i see.

Worth a shot.

Looking at how Capcom's treating the PC version, I think they're pretty close to dropping support for it, honestly. They haven't added keyboard bindings, d-input support or even the fabled linux version after all this time. They're just all 'NO, YOU WILL NOT STEAL FROM US! NO WE WILL NOT MAKE OUR HORRIBLY BROKEN SURVIVAL MODE EASIER! YOU WILL GIVE US MORE MONEY INSTEAD!'

Skilletor

Worth a shot.

Looking at how Capcom's treating the PC version, I think they're pretty close to dropping support for it, honestly. They haven't added keyboard bindings, d-input support or even the fabled linux version after all this time. They're just all 'NO, YOU WILL NOT STEAL FROM US! NO WE WILL NOT MAKE OUR HORRIBLY BROKEN SURVIVAL MODE EASIER! YOU WILL GIVE US MORE MONEY INSTEAD!'

This is silly. They added daily targets and you can buy colors with fight money.

Yeah, they should have added d-input support, but it's fucking stupid to equate them wanting to prevent people earning things you should have to pay for in game with dropping support.

Worth a shot.

I've missed you.

KingBroly

Banned
This is silly. They added daily targets and you can buy colors with fight money.

Yeah, they should have added d-input support, but it's fucking stupid to equate them wanting to prevent people earning things you should have to pay for in game with dropping support.

I'm just seeing escalation of desperation here by Capcom in regards to the PC version. If this doesn't stop PC players from hacking the game, I think they'll drop support for it.

JayEH

King broly Logic bruh.

Durden77

It took them 7 months after release to add daily challenges.

Just... throwing it out there.

Aha...ahaha......yeah......

They should just add it to the game. Have a wiki, the content is there already.

Yeah for real. CFN really has a lot of potential, and all these fighter profiles and shit should be in the game too. So weird they have it separate. If would help flesh out the world so much more.

Top Bottom