• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Neonep

『Inaba Resident』;217814771 said:
Don't all of them have a time limit displayed?
Yeah, 3 of them say 6 days and 1 says 2 days left. I wonder if they just add on to these or will they just remove these ones and replace them.

Edzi

Didn't Urien say "AeGis" reflector in third strike, with a hard "G"? It sounds like he says it with a soft G in this game.

robo_qwop

In terms of Urien anti air, from the prima guide:

In Street Fighter V, it’s still a good heavy poke, with a hitbox extending to the tips of his fingers, while his hurtbox only starts around his palm. It also has hitboxes right on top of Urien’s head and the air in front of it, so this move isn’t helpless against jump-ins and airborne attacks (like Karin’s Ressenha), but Urien’s hurtbox extends vertically over the hitbox well above his shoulder, so if they stick out basically any downward-aimed jumping attack, they’ll still win; look elsewhere for reliable anti-air.

Edzi

In terms of Urien anti air, from the prima guide:

In Street Fighter V, it’s still a good heavy poke, with a hitbox extending to the tips of his fingers, while his hurtbox only starts around his palm. It also has hitboxes right on top of Urien’s head and the air in front of it, so this move isn’t helpless against jump-ins and airborne attacks (like Karin’s Ressenha), but Urien’s hurtbox extends vertically over the hitbox well above his shoulder, so if they stick out basically any downward-aimed jumping attack, they’ll still win; look elsewhere for reliable anti-air.

lol, you forgot to mention the move it's talking about.

lupinko

Didn't Urien say "AeGis" reflector in third strike, with a hard "G"? It sounds like he says it with a soft G in this game.

No, Lawrence Bayne always said it with a soft g.

I've never heard anyone say Aegis with a hard g.

And this isn't a stupid GIF scenario either.

vg260

I'm seeing a lot of random slowdowns on PC.

Anyone else noticing this happening much more than before? I'm wondering if this new anti-cheat stuff is causing the erratic behavior.

Edzi

No, Lawrence Bayne always said it with a soft g.

I've never heard anyone say Aegis with a hard g.

And this isn't a stupid GIF scenario either.

Right, got it mixed up, I meant soft G. Sounded like SFV Urien was saying it with a hard G at first, but upon doing it a few times I think its consistent with 3S.

I've been watching Floe's stream for a little while now. My quick take is that Urien is basically just trying his hardest to survive until he gets Aegis Reflector. But when he does he's very dangerous as 2 successful mix ups even without a hit confirm can do half life damage(without Super). Any takes on what Urien is like after 4 hours?

mbpm1

I've been watching Floe's stream for a little while now. My quick take is that Urien is basically just trying his hardest to survive until he gets Aegis Reflector. But when he does he's very dangerous as 2 successful mix ups even without a hit confirm can do half life damage(without Super). Any takes on what Urien is like after 4 hours?

I've seen the stream too, and I really hope this is not the intention with him. There's so much of this playstyle already

Kashiwaba

I found out he is very good against fire ball users i managed to beat all the kens and ryus i played against but probably cuz he is new lol.

I've seen the stream too, and I really hope this is not the intention with him. There's so much of this playstyle already

He has nice range on his normals, but if you get close enough to use them you better be ready to air to air jump ins since his anti air game looks pretty weak right now. If that's the case a lot of Urien players may prefer to play a hit and run kind of game like Nash. Too early to tell obviously.

It works. St. lp >mp is a target combo

How negative is it though? If it's like -5 or worse than it's still sort of like a 1 attack hit confirm since you have to confirm after the first hit since the 2nd has to be chain canceled instead of linked into the 3rd attack. I have shitty reactions so that's how I would feel about it from the sound of it.

How negative is it though? If it's like -5 or worse than it's still sort of like a 1 attack hit confirm since you have to confirm after the first hit since the 2nd has to be chain canceled instead of linked into the 3rd attack. I have shitty reactions so that's how I would feel about it from the sound of it.

Cammy can't punish it with cr.mp, so it's safer than -5.

9QpgmUk.jpg

Full body pic of Story alt + loincloth.

Hmm, interesting... seems to work on only crouchers, then

Dang, kind of defeats the purpose of starting with cr. LK since it hits standing opponents. But if you can do cr. jab, st. Jab > st. MP safely or without being too negative on block then that would still be a pretty good hit confirm. I'm still installing the update so I haven't had a chance to try Urien yet. I really wanted to learn the guy but I just don't know if I can get myself to play a charge character.

All of this reminds me of when Ibuki got released lol. V-Trigger madness for the first few days then back to everyone goes back to their regular main. Hopefully Urien is actually really good tho

lupinko

For any Canadian GAF players, they updated the prices for new dlc only.

The old dlc prices are grandfathered in, so the CPT bundle is better than buying them separately with Necalli coming in at $7.99 CDN.

Top Bottom