• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Where is Sakura?
#NextSeason

What is fast sync?

From the thread about it.

So with the new Pascal showing in the GTX 1080, they happened to show what will be available in the next driver release for Pascal, Maxwell and fermi cards.

It is called FAST Sync and what in laymans terms does is have vsync off and no tearing and just a smidge more input lag then just vsync off.

So for me I play pc games on an LG oled screen 1080p, currently my option was turn vsync off and get low lag but horrible screen tearing or enable vsync and get about 4-5 frames of lag for every game.

This new option is amazing and exactly what we have been wanting.

Please keep in mind that Gsync is for under 60fps gaming and fast sync is for over 60fps gaming and does not require a special tv, monitor or input!!

I play alot of console ports that are hard locked to 60fps, I am not sure how this will work for those games, I would imagine turning vsync off in games like SFV or Need for speed most wanted would cause tearing and fast sync would remove the tearing and lower the input lag substantially.

Below are two links, one is a video explaining this new tech and the other is input lag of pc games with and without vsync.

What say you GAF?

fast sync video:

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WpUX8ZNkn2U
[/URL]

mbpm1

That's because it's a system file. In layman's terms, it's gonna try to interact and work directly with the OS instead of just asking it to do stuff for you which can be modified. This allows them to have total control over the process and prevent any external commands (mods/hacks) from working.

Which is pretty shitty for a video game in 2016. There has to be a better way they can go about this.

Apparently this is pretty bad. Not sure exactly how outside of the game though

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Oke its been more than 12 hours, how would you gauge urien? Because from a scrub like myself, I'd say that he has great set ups that have high risk with the high recovery time on his normals. I've talked to other people and they have said that his style is extremely 3rd strike.

Apparently this is pretty bad. Not sure exactly how outside of the game though
We're already seeing how this change has affected a lot of users, they can't even start the game.

If you play on a PC where you don't have Administrator Rights (kid with a separate account on his/her parent's pc,etc) then you straight up can't play.

Outside of the game, it's not bad right now but it could potentially fuck up a few things if they're not careful since they have more access to an OS's files/routines than 99% of games. It can be a bit of a security risk, only time will tell.

Oke its been more than 12 hours, how would you gauge urien? Because from a scrub like myself, I'd say that he has great set ups that have high risk with the high recovery time on his normals. I've talked to other people and they have said that his style is extremely 3rd strike.

I wouldn't say he's extremely 3S at all, because he lost a few cancels into Aegis Reflector which made him very dangerous in several situations. Juggling options are also fewer and the fact that you only get Aegis Reflector when your V-Trigger is full means you'll have to play differently, because you ain't playing with the mindset to fill up your SA bar ASAP and activate Aegis after a tackle or fb trap. He does have some nice setups but I'd like to see him as a light version of 3S Urien lol.

Demoli

So, my PC doesn't boot SF5 anymore. It has for permission for that new anti hack thing but then it just doesnt boot.

Any suggestions?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I wouldn't say he's extremely 3S, because he lost a few cancels into Aegis Reflector which made him very dangerous in several situations. Juggling options are also fewer and the fact that you only get Aegis Reflector when your V-Trigger is full means you'll have to play differently, because you ain't playing with the mindset to fill up your SA bar ASAP and activate Aegis after a tackle or fb trap. I'd like to see him as a light version of 3S Urien lol.
Hmm, thanks for the advice. Now this maybe a noobish question but do you think hes friendly to people who want to learn charge characters? Granted I havent really tried any charge characters than fang and I hated Fang.

Hmm, thanks for the advice. Now this maybe a noobish question but do you think hes friendly to people who want to learn charge characters? Granted I havent really tried any charge characters than fang and I hated Fang.
We get it bro, you hate FANG.

The most charge friendly character is definitely Guile, Urien is a bit more difficult but still not too bad though.

FANG is definitely the worst character to learn if you're new to charge characters.

Kashiwaba

We get it bro, you hate FANG.

The most charge friendly character is definitely Guile, Urien is a bit more difficult but still not too bad though.

FANG is definitely the worst character to learn if you're new to charge characters.
I actually found Urien easier to use them Guile Urien has more tools at his disposal and better at escaping zones.

I actually found Urien easier to use them Guile Urien has more tools at his disposal and better at escaping zones.

Granted, they'll appeal differently to different people but in from the perspective of simply how to play charge characters, Guile is what I would consider the easiest since you only have the 2 moves and a down-back charge covers both of them.

FANG is actually quite technical and difficult if you want to learn charge characters :p
I think Balrog and Urien are good characters to learn how to play with charge characters.
Balrog will teach you a lot about the ground game with his pokes and his straights.
Urien IMO has more options and tools and the fact that his fb is not a charge gives you more room and time to think about your setups and focus on your BnB's into tackles or eventually Aegis. He also has good pokes and his range game has always been above average.
You can always try good ol' Guile, but I dropped him quite quickly in SFV even though I used him in ST and occasionally in SFIV.

Edzi

Question is the 8 frame delay now reduced to 7f delay instead or what i don't understand.

I don't think the response you got is accurate. As far as I understand it, PS4 had 8 frames of lag due to PS4 controllers adding an extra frame. PC always had 7 frames, and this new patch corrects the PS4 controller issue to make the PS4 lag match the PC's 7 frames. All platforms should be the same now with 7 frames of input delay.

Meaty elbow hits crouchers.

DkgQm5.gif

To beat meaties. It's to slow to use when the opponent is standing.

his v-skill specials don't beat meaties.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217858082]Meaty elbow hits crouchers.

DkgQm5.gif

[/QUOTE]

How does that work exactly? You'd think it'd work on crouchers without having to be meaty, but it doesn't seem to.

ElFly

so urien metallic aura also runs out after headbutt/knee drop

but you don't get armor during those, right? like with the chariot?

mbpm1

Urien's V-skill armored property starts on frame 3 of the startup and lasts until frame 3 of the active frames of the move

JayEH

I didn't get any fight money when completing survival with Urien wtf. Is this because I have all his colors unlocked already? huge oversight if that's the case

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
FANG is actually quite technical and difficult if you want to learn charge characters :p
I think Balrog and Urien are good characters to learn how to play with charge characters.
Balrog will teach you a lot about the ground game with his pokes and his straights.
Urien IMO has more options and tools and the fact that his fb is not a charge gives you more room and time to think about your setups and focus on your BnB's into tackles or eventually Aegis. He also has good pokes and his range game has always been above average.
You can always try good ol' Guile, but I dropped him quite quickly in SFV even though I used him in ST and occasionally in SFIV.
I've wanted to try Guile but Nash just feels like a better, more shoto, version of him. Even if Nash isn't really a shoto to some. But I have also been playing balrog(season pass boi) too and I really like his mixups. You're probably a stick' player but is there any tips to charging with the ps4 game pad? I cant get his charge punch out like 70% of the time.
Edit: i meant stick orboth if you dont mind.

I've wanted to try Guile but Nash just feels like a better, more shoto, version of him. Even if Nash isn't really a shoto to some. But I have also been playing balrog(season pass boi) too and I really like his mixups. You're probably a stick' player but is there any tips to charging with the ps4 game pad? I cant get his charge punch out like 70% of the time.
Edit: i meant stick

Nash isn't charge though :p
I wouldn't know how to give you tips on charging with a pad since I'm indeed a stick player, but I think the analog stick is better for charging and charge buffering since the chances of inputting it wrong on the D-Pad is bigger.

But I thought shotos have an antiair motion move, motion move to get close to the opponent and projectile. I guess that just shows how much a scrub I am.

Shoto's strictly have a fb and an uppercut.

How does that work exactly? You'd think it'd work on crouchers without having to be meaty, but it doesn't seem to.

It's been a while but IIRC this didn't work on crouching opponents in 3S either.

Hyun Sai

Well finished everything with Urien except Hard + extreme, time to get back to Guile !

Another rage quit in casual from an Urien player, I mean WTF ???

mbpm1

I've been reading more about the changes Capcom made to the game for the PC version and I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable. To avoid people using trainers/mods, they've forced the game to ask for access at a really deep level. I'm not sure what this could mean for PC players in the long run, but it definitely feels weird. I might just switch back to PS4 until they sort this out.

Yeah, I suppose we should have expected this from Capcom

I want to say it's because when they recover they still have to go into the crouching animation first, which means they're briefly standing in some capacity.

I could be very wrong though.

Top Bottom