• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I got 15 minutes of play things morning before work. Managed to buy the default colours pack and did a couple dailies for FM. Honestly so chuffed just to have colours available now, and it'll sounds crazy, but makes other characters more appealing to play. I'll probably stick with my all grey Karin colour though.

Now I imagine CAPCOM still have a few things on their agenda, such as Season 2 planning and character updates after CPT, but I REALLY hope they spend a bit of time tightening up some of the games rough edges.

vg260

This game turned unplayable for me on PC after this patch. The game kept periodically slowing down to half speed. I had not had that issue before, but it was really bad last night.
I tried turning off my anti-virus program while playing, but that didn't help. The only other think that happened since the last patch was the Win10 anniversary update. I upgraded my video card, but it shouldn't have gotten worse. I have no idea what's going on.

Any PC users here?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This game turned unplayable for me on PC after this patch. The game kept periodically slowing down to half speed. I had not had that issue before, but it was really bad last night.
I tried turning off my anti-virus program while playing, but that didn't help. The only other think that happened since the last patch was the Win10 anniversary update. I upgraded my video card, but it shouldn't have gotten worse. I have no idea what's going on.

Any PC users here?
Did they do anything to V-Sync with this patch? I heard some stuff about it, but I'm not sure. Like, did you have it disabled by any chance and now it's turned back on? It was an old effect of V-Sync to have a game run at half the speed.

vg260

Did they do anything to V-Sync with this patch? I heard some stuff about it, but I'm not sure. Like, did you have it disabled by any chance and now it's turned back on? It was an old effect of V-Sync to have a game run at half the speed.

I don't know, but I can try to make sure it's disabled in nvidia control panel for game.
Was it happening randomly, or always happening? The game itself forces vsync, right? Anyway, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

I'll update to the latest video drivers too. I probably needed to do that for Forza anyway.

Horseress

Any PC users here?

I have Win10 Pro and I get a blue screen forcing me to restart the computer telling me "Capcom.sys" is the responsible....

Every time I try to open the game it creates a new file in my "Windows/System32" folder named "Capcom.sys" (I deleted the file and it was created again when I tried to open it).
That's because it's a system file. In layman's terms, it's gonna try to interact and work directly with the OS instead of just asking it to do stuff for you which can be modified. This allows them to have total control over the process and prevent any external commands (mods/hacks) from working.

Which is pretty shitty for a video game in 2016. There has to be a better way they can go about this.

vg260

That's because it's a system file. In layman's terms, it's gonna try to interact and work directly with the OS instead of just asking it to do stuff for you which can be modified. This allows them to have total control over the process and prevent any external commands (mods/hacks) from working.

Which is pretty shitty for a video game in 2016. There has to be a better way they can go about this.

Isn't that what Valve anti-cheat is used by some games for?

LakeEarth

I did Trial #10 with Urien, which was a joy because I've always seen players in 3rd Strike do fun "bouncing off the aegis" combos but never actually learned one myself. Tons of fun.

Trial #9 was a bitch because for some reason, I can't seem to press mp+hp consistently on the pad for EX ground-to-air fireball. I keep getting the fierce fireball. And of course there's no mp+hp shortcut, just lp+mp and lp+mp+hp.

Marvel

could never
Urien is hilarious.

So er you only get all colours for the season pass characters? Thought it would be for the whole cast.

Quesa

Is this PC thing something where I shouldn't attempt launching the game until further notice, or am I already dead/not dead at this point?

myco666

Finished with Urien trials. He is really fun to use but man do I need some execution practice. Metallic Sphere turns into Headbutt almost every single time after cr.HP.

Trial #9 was a bitch because for some reason, I can't seem to press mp+hp consistently on the pad for EX ground-to-air fireball. I keep getting the fierce fireball. And of course there's no mp+hp shortcut, just lp+mp and lp+mp+hp.

#9 was my hardest one too. I found doing the EX fireball through negative edge made it more consistent when I got it done.

I noticed that they changed the second stage in Hard mode survival for some reason. It used to be the Russia stage and now it is Lair of the Four Kings. A weird change as it appears everything else is the same.

Are we ever getting those character specific challenges that are in the profiles? Y'know, the stuff like complete X number of 4 hit combos or X number of Cross-Ups.

I see those numbers still haven't gone up after having played a couple of Ranked Matches.

Durden77

I think V-Skill is going to be very necessary to Urien's gameplan so he can get V-Trigger quicker. Similar to Necalli's ground pounds.

If people can figure out a way to get his reflector consistently when his life is at 3/5 bar instead of 1/5, he is going to be a beast.
And the v-skill seems really good/easy to implement too.

Grifter

Did the season pass unlock colors for the whole cast?

E: see it was answered on this page. I was searching around for "color" and not "colour"

Yudoken

Game works fine on my pc but after the new windows update the game didn't start at all.
Restored previous windows update version and works fine now again.

But my friend similar living room pc without the windows update can't start the game too.

Also a another friend couldn't get the game to start either.

Any recommendations what to do?

I already moved it to C:/ SSD and gave the exe admin rights and started it without success.

On the living room pc there is no anti virus software installed and I even dactivated the windows one.

vg260

I know ESEA does this, but I dont think VAC goes that far.

Yeah, I don't know. I thought it detected memory state alterations. I know the Sonic racing game had it, which seemed like a pretty odd choice, which is why I thought it was pretty easy to detect that sort of thing. Maybe it might cost the developers to use?

Scotia

Banned
From what I played of him this morning, Urien is great. I'm really happy with how he turned out.

Now begins the wait for Season 2.

Top Bottom