• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Kashiwaba

I've wanted to try Guile but Nash just feels like a better, more shoto, version of him. Even if Nash isn't really a shoto to some. But I have also been playing balrog(season pass boi) too and I really like his mixups. You're probably a stick' player but is there any tips to charging with the ps4 game pad? I cant get his charge punch out like 70% of the time.
Edit: i meant stick orboth if you dont mind.
Practice is the key i used to avoid charging characters cuz they are hard to play using dpad and used to make mistakes most of the time but after few weeks of training using guile and Balrog now i make it right 90% of the time.

I've been reading more about the changes Capcom made to the game for the PC version and I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable. To avoid people using trainers/mods, they've forced the game to ask for access at a really deep level. I'm not sure what this could mean for PC players in the long run, but it definitely feels weird. I might just switch back to PS4 until they sort this out.

Hadn't touched the game in a few weeks and now the game doesn't even run for me anymore on PC after the update. Apparently I'm not even the only one having this issue. Tried all the various workarounds and nothing works. At least Capcom tweeted that they knew about it, I guess.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Nash isn't charge though :p
I wouldn't know how to give you tips on charging with a pad since I'm indeed a stick player, but I think the analog stick is better for charging and charge buffering since the chances of inputting it wrong on the D-Pad is bigger.

Shoto's strictly have a fb and an uppercut.

It's been a while but IIRC this didn't work on crouching opponents in 3S either.

Practice is the key i used to avoid charging characters cuz they are hard to play using dpad and used to make mistakes most of the time but after few weeks of training using guile and Balrog now i make it right 90% of the time.
This is just me but I think the analog stick is better if you have a slower execution but want mlre accurate inputs and dpads are for precise and fast inputs. Guess that's why I don't gravitate towards sticks because they're a mix of both IMO. I'll just keep buffalo charging with baldog in the training stage for now. Thanks.

MrCarter

I've been reading more about the changes Capcom made to the game for the PC version and I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable. To avoid people using trainers/mods, they've forced the game to ask for access at a really deep level. I'm not sure what this could mean for PC players in the long run, but it definitely feels weird. I might just switch back to PS4 until they sort this out.

Ah that's a shame. The minority ruining it for the majority yet again. This is one of the reasons why I play on console and I'm glad I have my PS4.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ah that's a shame. The minority ruining it for the majority yet again. This is one of the reasons why I play on console and I'm glad I have my PS4.
This is incompetence from Capcom, not any PC player. No other game does this and there are hundreds of f2p games with ingame currencies on PC.

mbpm1

Actually it sounds mostly like overkill by Capcom

Its like if they wanted to swat a fly in the house, so they installed a death laser security system which incinerates everybody moving within the house. And they installed the system during a crowded house party.

Durden77

This is incompetence from Capcom, not any PC player. No other game does this and there are hundreds of f2p games with ingame currencies on PC.

But all of them require to be connected to the internet at all times right? That's what Capcom has to try and avoid because obviously a fighting game that has to be connected at all times is a no go.

Not saying they're necessarily handling it correctly but they're in kind of a sticky situation.

MrCarter

I'm not arguing against that I'm saying that it wouldn't have got to this step in the first place if some people weren't so light fingered. But you are right of course, that Capcom needs to fix this asap for PC players.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
But all of them require to be connected to the internet at all times right? That's what Capcom has to try and avoid because obviously a fighting game that has to be connected at all times is a no go.

Not saying they're necessarily handling it correctly but they're in kind of a sticky situation.
Pretty sure you need to be online to earn Fight Money in SFV, too.

Skilletor

All of this wouldn't have happened if they did build a decent online infrastructure for the game.

TE2wwpU.jpg

vg260

What exactly does this mean in terms of system access, security, etc. compared to most other software or games?

JayEH

So I played a super silver ken player who literally just did DP and tatsu and I of course beat him but he rage quits...i don't get these people at all and now that's my second rage quit in the hour so it looks like I'm done playing for now.

Durden77

Pretty sure you need to be online to earn Fight Money in SFV, too.

Right, but there will be plent of times people won't care about earning FM and will just want to play offline. Offline VS. and such HAS to be an option in SF. So they have to have something that allows them to keep people in check with earning FM but also allows them to play offline when they'd like.

Maybe they could figure out a way to make it to where yoy have to connected to play any other mode but VS, but that would surley piss some people off.

LakeEarth

So I played a super silver ken player who literally just did DP and tatsu and I of course beat him but he rage quits...i don't get these people at all and now that's my second rage quit in the hour so it looks like I'm done playing for now.

I think I'm one of the few people who enjoy it when someone drops on me. Makes me laugh how mad they must be on the other end of the intertubes.

Sure it sucks not getting the points, but that dude wouldn't have been a super silver if he wasn't a dropper in the first place.

JayEH

I think I'm one of the few people who enjoy it when someone drops on me. Makes me laugh how mad they must be on the other end of the intertubes.

Sure it sucks not getting the points, but that dude wouldn't have been a super silver if he wasn't a dropper in the first place.

I'm more annoyed that I can't risk playing another match for a bit since the shitty rage quit system still can't detect who is the one dropping.

LakeEarth

I'm more annoyed that I can't risk playing another match for a bit since the shitty rage quit system still can't detect who is the one dropping.

Wait, is that still true? I thought the wrongful penalties were happening because people were dropping at the win screen without returning to the main menu.

This character has unlimited hype potential:
https://twitter.com/haishin3/status/779315331621789697

That doesn't happen. It was never like that, actually.

Wait, is that still true? I thought the wrongful penalties were happening because people were dropping at the win screen without returning to the main menu.

You're right. If someone quits on you, you don't get penalized. The problems arose for the reasons you described.

Kashiwaba

Maybe I had a wrong understanding of the system then. I thought there was cases of people getting wrongfully penalized when they weren't the ones dropping.
You get penalized if you get disconnected but if they rage quit you will be back to the menu and they will know you didn't rage quit so you never get penalized.

Top Bottom