• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Yeah, uninstalling the game and deleting capcom.sys.

I'm not putting up with that shit

Where did you find your capcom.sys file? I can't seem to find it in my system32 folder, is it a hidden file?

SFV never actually loaded since the update so I wonder if it had to load the game to get that file.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I had capcom.sys in my system32 folder. It wasn't hidden but I had to uninstall the game and reboot before I could delete it.

Tried a search and couldn't find the file at all, so I think I'm good. I guess since the game wouldn't even boot for me after the update, it never installed the file.

To those who played Urien on PC with the mod how is he compared to release? Did he lose any combos/gain any? Did the frame data changes cause a decent effect?

Zackat

capcom.sys is deleted and the game is uninstalled.

I am safe now, right?

what am I gonna do for my pvp fix ;_; all my premium outfits are on PC. If they don't say anything in a week I will have to fire up the ps4 version I guess.

Moaradin

To those who played Urien on PC with the mod how is he compared to release? Did he lose any combos/gain any? Did the frame data changes cause a decent effect?

He's mostly the same. Some minor frame data changes. Main differences is that cr mk isn't special cancelable anymore and his Aegis can combo off a throw now.

Horseress

Windows 8.1

From what I'm hearing the file won't be there if you never booted up the game. The game broke for me after the update so I never got to play.

I get BSOD everytime I try to open the game, I have Windows 10 so there's that. Anyway I gave up SFV for now, already uninstalled the game and will wait till they fix this shady shit

KingBroly

Banned
I'm going to have to recommend PC players do a Virus and Malware scan after getting rid of that stuff.

I just did a Malware scan and it picked up a PUP.Optional file, which wasn't there 2 days ago. I suspect it came from SF5.

EDIT: Yeah, it was from SF5. It was a registry key from games. Wow.

Zackat

Can somebody walk me through how to get this file deleted?

If I delete this file, but don't launch the game, would I be okay?

you have to delete the game to delete the file I think.

So delete the game, then search for the capcom.sys. You may have to restart your computer after you delete the game to delete the file.

mbpm1

Can somebody walk me through how to get this file deleted?

If I delete this file, but don't launch the game, would I be okay?

From what I hear, deleting the file is either
A) not possible without uninstalling
B) Possible but meaningless because the game will just put it right back in your system32 folder

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I would really love to see how many people are working on this game and how many of them have even a sliver of prior industry experience. Or whether it's pure mismanagement from higher ups and the people working on this thing are actually competent professionals.

Delete Files

Reboot

Search for capcom.sys, delete it

Do a Virus Scan/Malware Scan

Malwarebytes didn't find anything when I ran it. What does that mean?

Dunkelgrau

I think the last time I played SF was in 1991 on SNES. I was not able to do a shoryuken. Now, 25 years later, I still don't get a shoryuken done. I read all those tutorials I found and visited Gief's gym but it won't work out.

JayEH

I would really love to see how many people are working on this game and how many of them have even a sliver of prior industry experience. Or whether it's pure mismanagement from higher ups and the people working on this thing are actually competent professionals.

This really just seems like incompetence to me. They couldn't even get the Zenny store working and delayed paid DLC for 4 months because of it. Capcom wanted to make a F2P like game service but has no idea how to go about it. Really sad. And we see all the problems they have with their servers too always needing maintenance. This game needs a complete relaunch really. They tried to tackle too much.

This shit is like worse than that drm that would mess up your cd rom drive years ago. Forgot the name. Star something. Anyway it's a wonder they did something on the same level of that if not worse.

Yup SFV is the biggest mess of the year. such a shame

As much as I love the core gameplay, I'm afraid I have to agree. I don't want to go over the top as some people do when it comes to criticizing SFV, because I was good after the March update, but they handled this game very poorly.

We all knew it was going to be using the "service" model, but not when it comes to basic shit. And now PC players can't even play the game lol.

Edzi

This really is mind boggling, and completely indefensible at this point. It's just pure incompetence at a level I didn't think possible from companies like Sony and Capcom. Are they just not hiring people who know how to do their jobs? How could they care so little about their fanbase and their reputation? At the very least, you'd think Sony would ensure a bare minimum level of quality was maintained so that both companies reputations would be preserved, but instead we get rootkits being installed on our PCs (lol) in order to fight back against a small handful of players using costume mods and trainers to avoid a broken game mode that they've admitted sucks. Plus, all this is happening over the span of 7 long months while other more important issues are ignored or forgotten.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This really is mind boggling, and completely indefensible at this point. It's just pure incompetence, at a level I didn't think possible from companies like Sony and Capcom. Are they just not hiring people who know how to do their jobs? How could they care so little about their fanbase and their reputation? At the very least, you'd think Sony would ensure a bare minimum level of quality was maintained so that both companies reputations would be preserved, but instead we get rootkits being installed on our PCs in order to fight back against a small handful of players using costume mods and trainers to avoid a broken game mode that they've admitted sucks.

Capcom is the belligerent town drunk of game companies.

Shadoken

For me, it was SF5 before NMS came out. Now it's a dead heat.

NMS is just a genuinely bad game. SFV is a good game with hundreds of retarded issues surrounding it. I think SFV will go down as the biggest "Mess" of 2015. Maybe even this gen , if they dont get their shit together by Season 2.

Edzi

NMS is just a genuinely bad game. SFV is a good game with hundreds of retarded issues surrounding it. I think SFV will go down as the biggest "Mess" of 2015. Maybe even this gen , if they dont get their shit together by Season 2.

Pretty much, and it's really sad when you consider how good of a game SFV is. If the team making it was just a little competent, everything would be gravy. Hell, even now, the Urien patch had people pretty happy until the PC shitstorm started.

Top Bottom