• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

KingBroly

Banned
If this bundle was 15 bucks, I'd be all over it quite frankly as I do want to support the scene. 25 bucks is just Goddamn greedy.

It's $25 at a CHANCE to be supporting CPT. Not a guarantee.

Even at $15, if it was still a chance, it'd still be shit. It'd be better, but it'd still be shit.

It's $25 at a CHANCE to be supporting CPT. Not a guarantee.

Even at $15, if it was still a chance, it'd still be shit. It'd be better, but it'd still be shit.
My understanding is that the amount sold changes how much goes to the Capcom Cup.

If it genuinely is the case that the amount sold decides whether they get any money at all, then fuck that shit.

Ryan_MSF

Probably a super stupid question, but I need some help!

I got bought the mad catz ps4 fight stick, and i'm having a right issue getting it to work with the game. I load up the game, and i'm unable to navigate through the menu screen with the stick at all, it's registered that the stick is plugged in fine as the PS4 menu is registering all my inputs, but for some reason SFV just isn't having it! I know i'm missing something glaringly obvious, so if you guys could help me out i'd appreciate it!

KingBroly

Banned
My understanding is that the amount sold changes how much goes to the Capcom Cup.

If it genuinely is the case that the amount sold decides whether they get any money at all, then fuck that shit.

Well, it was said on stream yesterday by Combofiend that "IF it sold enough, money would go to CPT." So yeah, it's a chance.

Raitaro

Yeah, that would be some shady style business indeed imo, tricking people into buying the (full) DLC for the possibility of supporting CPT.

That said, I'm a big sucker for stages so I probably won't be able to resist buying at least the stage if I ever get my game updated to 1.06. It would make me feel better about said purchase if a part of that 10 dollars would be guaranteed to go to CPT as well though, not just a possible part of the full bundle which to me makes little sense.

I got bought the mad catz ps4 fight stick, and i'm having a right issue getting it to work with the game. I load up the game, and i'm unable to navigate through the menu screen with the stick at all, it's registered that the stick is plugged in fine as the PS4 menu is registering all my inputs, but for some reason SFV just isn't having it! I know i'm missing something glaringly obvious, so if you guys could help me out i'd appreciate it!
Hmm, that sounds weird. Don't have a stick myself. If it was a PS3 stick, I'd say go to legacy settings but if it's PS4 then it should work.

Maybe try some variations of unplugging the stick, unplugging the controller and plugging it back in again?

What stick is it? If its a PS3 and PS4 stick make sure that switch is shifted to PS4. I know I've forgotten to do that plenty of times and freaked out thinking my stick is busted.

Ryan_MSF

Hmm, that sounds weird. Don't have a stick myself. If it was a PS3 stick, I'd say go to legacy settings but if it's PS4 then it should work.

Maybe try some variations of unplugging the stick, unplugging the controller and plugging it back in again?

Yeah i'm doing this at the minute, i've tried various different ways of plugging, and unplugging and nothing!

What stick is it? If its a PS3 and PS4 stick make sure that switch is shifted to PS4. I know I've forgotten to do that plenty of times and freaked out thinking my stick is busted.

It's the Mad Catz Alpha

street-fighter-v-arcade-fightstick-alpha-445591.1.jpg

I do have it set to the PS4 option, it's super frustrating!

Sigmaah

Can't wait until akuma is released. Y'all know he's gonna be in that's a finnact. Just a matter of time. I wonder how tf he's gonna play like and what his v stuff is gonna be.

stn

Is there any indication that Capcom will be making some announcements tonight regarding new characters and the like?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any indication that Capcom will be making some announcements tonight regarding new characters and the like?
Not really and they blew good opportunities in the past. We do have the one mystery costume in the CPT DLC, though and it might be time for a Juri trailer.

Asd202

I don't think they will but they should it's going to get tons of views + TV coverage, it's a huge exposure chance.
If there going to do a Juri trailer I will lose my shit.

Neoxon

I don't think they will but they should it's going to get tons of views + TV coverage, it's a huge exposure chance.
If there going to do a Juri trailer I will lose my shit.
But this could be the reason why they won't, namely since it could hold up the award ceremony & drag out the end.

That said, I do hope we get a Juri or Urien trailer sooner rather than later.

Ryan_MSF

You sure you didnt have other controllers logged in that the game would consider P1? idk if that has any effect on menus though.

I managed to sort the initial issue, not quite sure what I did but it fixed it haha, once the game loaded however i couldn't get triangle to register as if it was being pressed, tried it on my PS3 and it was having the same issue, think it's just a faulty unit so i'm gonna get on to amazon to replace it :)

MrCarter

But would we be satisfied with a Juri or Urien trailer? We pretty much know their move set anyway and how they look through story mode. Still, I would be hype if she releases beginning of August.

Neoxon

But would we be satisfied with a Juri or Urien trailer? We pretty much know their move set anyway and how they look through story mode. Still, I would be hype if she releases beginning of August.
We could see Naked Urien properly implemented into his CA in the trailer. That said, the way they talked about Juri & Urien at the panel has me worried that we won't see anything after Top 8.

Neoxon

I mean it would literally be the best time but they haven't teased anything as far as i know.
That's the thing, we already know the Wave 1 crew. And it's unlikely that they could have a surprise character up their sleeves with some of their stuff being behind schedule.

FluxWaveZ

I believe Combofiend said that the mystery costume is particularly relevant to the Capcom Pro Tour, whatever that means. An Ono costume for Ryu or something.

Ryce

I believe Combofiend said that the mystery costume is particularly relevant to the Capcom Pro Tour, whatever that means. An Ono costume for Ryu or something.
The wording of the Capcom-Unity post has me thinking...

"This costume is very special and we think fans will be really excited about what this means for Capcom Cup 2016 once we officially unveil it."

What if the winner of the Capcom Cup gets to help design the costume? Last year's winner might have been chosen to work on the mystery costume, implying that the 2016 winner will also help design a costume for next year, and so on.

I managed to sort the initial issue, not quite sure what I did but it fixed it haha, once the game loaded however i couldn't get triangle to register as if it was being pressed, tried it on my PS3 and it was having the same issue, think it's just a faulty unit so i'm gonna get on to amazon to replace it :)

It's probably a pcb issue. I had to turn on view input in training mode and saw that my stick was holding down L2 constantly. Mine was on a TE2+. I feel like this round of sticks has had really bad issues compared to all their previous offerings.

Xeteh

Without fail, people feel the need to make tier lists during/after every major tournament.

No Roo in top 8 so he's clearly not as strong as other characters. Buff Roo.

Zackat

It's probably a pcb issue. I had to turn on view input in training mode and saw that my stick was holding down L2 constantly. Mine was on a TE2+. I feel like this round of sticks has had really bad issues compared to all their previous offerings.

yeah I'm gonna get Hori from now on lol.

I want a VLX but 300 is pretty damn pricey. :(

Top Bottom