• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

KingBroly

Banned
NMS is just a genuinely bad game. SFV is a good game with hundreds of retarded issues surrounding it. I think SFV will go down as the biggest "Mess" of 2015. Maybe even this gen , if they dont get their shit together by Season 2.

Broken promises, over-hype, insane fanboys sending death threats to devs/journalists for delaying the game, etc. I don't think it delivered on one promise while lying about a lot of other things. Both games are disaster pieces, IMO.

Maybe this pushes SF5 back on top, but I think NMS got more media play, which is why I think it's a bigger fall than this. Although, SF5 just keeps doing things. Personally, I'm voting SF5, but at one point I was convinced NMS would take it.

Kashiwaba

NMS is just a genuinely bad game. SFV is a good game with hundreds of retarded issues surrounding it. I think SFV will go down as the biggest "Mess" of 2015. Maybe even this gen , if they dont get their shit together by Season 2.
First thing which Capcom should consider doing is letting Western studios take care of their networking and online games.

VariantX

As much as I love the core gameplay, I'm afraid I have to agree. I don't want to go over the top as some people do when it comes to criticizing SFV, because I was good after the March update, but they handled this game very poorly.

We all knew it was going to be using the "service" model, but not when it comes to basic shit. And now PC players can't even play the game lol.

It's a wonder if they might have potentially killed the PC side of their playerbase with this security patch. There's plenty of other games with DLC that don't put your PC at risk for intrusion by some other party looking to exploit weaknesses.

MrCarter

Pretty much, and it's really sad when you consider how good of a game SFV is. If the team making it was just a little competent, everything would be gravy. Hell, even now, the Urien patch had people pretty happy until the PC shitstorm started.

I know which is why I'm disappointed in Capcom's ability to develop a good online infrastructure when they have such a great core game. Perhaps that's why some people are so vocal and upset about this because they know this but Capcom are making it so difficult for them to actually play it.

- J - D -

After a whole week of absence from SFV I was hoping to come back to renewed hype for Urien drop, but I should've known betterer. Why can't these things just go smoothly.

Kaleinc

Banned
This shit is like worse than that drm that would mess up your cd rom drive years ago. Forgot the name. Star something. Anyway it's a wonder they did something on the same level of that if not worse.
Starforce.

PC players shouldn't blame capcom for the rootkit, they wanted to put it into ps4 version too but couldn't find system32 folder.

Mœbius

Okay, so H. Metallic sphere to H.chariot tackle... How on god's green earth do I charge from the quarter circle motion quick enough??! Been at this for an hour and it's driving me nuts! Help!

Edzi

Mœbius;217893974 said:
Okay, so H. Metallic sphere to H.chariot tackle... How on god's green earth do I charge from the quarter circle motion quick enough??! Been at this for an hour and it's driving me nuts! Help!

Start the charge as soon as possible. I'm guessing you don't play many charge characters, right? Just gotta get used to defaulting back to down-back immediately after every move. Also, you have a bit of time to hold the charge since you wait for them to drop a bit before doing the tackle.

Day 1 Urien. I botched it hard failing the CA combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZaRbyNNhiM

giphy.gif

ahahahaha

I would really love to see how many people are working on this game and how many of them have even a sliver of prior industry experience. Or whether it's pure mismanagement from higher ups and the people working on this thing are actually competent professionals.

Malwarebytes didn't find anything when I ran it. What does that mean?

It's their bosses I'm guessing, not the Combofiends, Haunts, and Woshige's of Capcpom at fault here.

Mœbius

Start the charge as soon as possible. I'm guessing you don't play many charge characters, right? Just gotta get used to defaulting back to down-back immediately after every move. Also, you have a bit of time to hold the charge since you wait for them to drop a bit before doing the tackle.
Thanks. Yeah my first charge character really.

I have separated the sections out and everything else is fine and doing it all together is fine too except for that bit. I think I pulled it off once when doing it as a standalone muscle memory exercise.

I'll keep at it.

Piccoro

Having LOTS of fun with Urien! The character just clicked with me. (Maybe because he was one of my mains in 3rd Strike.)
Very happy with this update. :)

Edzi

Mœbius;217894754 said:
Thanks. Yeah my first charge character really.

I have separated the sections out and everything else is fine and doing it all together is fine too except for that bit. I think I pulled it off once when doing it as a standalone muscle memory exercise.

I'll keep at it.

Make sure you watch the trial demonstration from the menu to see the timing, since you might be trying to do the tackle early.

Edzi

Indeed. I feel for the PC brethren. Hope they give a gift to the PC guys to make up for this nonsense.

What could they even give us? FM? Premium costumes? Nah, I'd rather they just focused on polishing the game and avoided any more situations like this.

Skilletor

What could they even give us? FM? Premium costumes? Nah, I'd rather they just focused on polishing the game and avoided any more situations like this.

This.

I don't need anything from Capcom. They made my favorite fighter this gen and I've got like 300 hours between two platforms playing it.

I just want them to make the QoL of the title better.

Edzi

Guys, fill me in!

I haven't updated yet on Steam--should I wait?? Will my mods still work??

Just wait until they rollback the latest PC screwup, unless you want a free rootkit installed on your computer. Mods won't work on the latest version, but I'm guessing they'll be back to working once they've rolled back.

So yeah, just wait until further notice from Capcoms twitter regarding the PC rollback.

Mechazawa

Hop on Street Fighter V.

Servers down.

Oh, that security stuff from last night put a rootkit on my PC.

I think Street Fighter V might legitimately be the most ineptly made high profile video game ever.

lupinko

I just calculated that I'm getting pretty close to that million fight money trophy. That's pretty good.

I'm just trying to grind right now for:
- stage variations
- story costumes: sim, claw, rashid, fang, birdie
- original story colours

I don't have hard or extreme survivals done yet, and I still have 3 remaining normal survivals in addition to 4 character trials left.

Normal survival left: urien, ibuki, claw
Trials: karin, ibuki, juri, guile

And I've already finished this week's dailies.

Feels good.

s-bojan

Banned
So, I was banned yesterday.
1st disconnect occurred on my side, 2nd one occured after I've won and the 3rd one occurred after the match was done and I wanted to search for a new opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUxZ4bzhYWA

I contacted Capcom support, explained what happened, linked the video and they are still claiming that all 3 disconnects happened in game :(
To be honest, I am feeling really angry.

KingBroly

Banned
This.

I don't need anything from Capcom. They made my favorite fighter this gen and I've got like 300 hours between two platforms playing it.

I just want them to make the QoL of the title better.

Giving the game official costume mod support via the Workshop would be nice, too.

LakeEarth

Damn son, just get one of those Hori fight pads
Would love to but I'm getting married next month. Can't spend money on anything fun until after that.

Though I will need something, as right on my dpad has stopped clicking back. It still registers, but it doesn't have that feedback which leads me to make mistakes. Hard to explain, but it's a problem that could be a sign of something worse.

Would love to but I'm getting married next month. Can't spend money on anything fun until after that.

Though I will need something, as right on my dpad has stopped clicking back. It still registers, but it doesn't have that feedback which leads me to make mistakes. Hard to explain, but it's a problem that could be a sign of something worse.
No I understand. I used to replace my 360 controllers once the dpad got too "loose"

JayEH

So, I was banned yesterday.
1st disconnect occurred on my side, 2nd one occured after I've won and the 3rd one occurred after the match was done and I wanted to search for a new opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUxZ4bzhYWA

I contacted Capcom support, explained what happened, linked the video and they are still claiming that all 3 disconnects happened in game :(
To be honest, I am feeling really angry.

so if your opponent does quit on you it does count as a ragequit for you too. wow. sorry about that. don't know how capcom can't see that isn't your fault.

Top Bottom