• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Just wait until they rollback the latest PC screwup, unless you want a free rootkit installed on your computer. Mods won't work on the latest version, but I'm guessing they'll be back to working once they've rolled back.

So yeah, just wait until further notice from Capcoms twitter regarding the PC rollback.

Thanks for the heads up, Edzi. Luckily I've been so busy teaching that I haven't even booted up SFV for like 2 weeks.

So, I was banned yesterday.
1st disconnect occurred on my side, 2nd one occured after I've won and the 3rd one occurred after the match was done and I wanted to search for a new opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUxZ4bzhYWA

I contacted Capcom support, explained what happened, linked the video and they are still claiming that all 3 disconnects happened in game :(
To be honest, I am feeling really angry.
That one after you fought Nash counts as your disconnect.

MrCarter

Would love to but I'm getting married next month. Can't spend money on anything fun until after that.

Though I will need something, as right on my dpad has stopped clicking back. It still registers, but it doesn't have that feedback which leads me to make mistakes. Hard to explain, but it's a problem that could be a sign of something worse.

Congrats man.

s-bojan

Banned
That one after you fought Nash counts as your disconnect.

Ok, but why?
According to their support:
A disconnect will count against you in both Ranked Match and Casual Match modes from the moment you receive the “Another Fight is Coming Your Way!” notification to the moment the end results are fully calculated.

The match was already done, points were calculated and I did not get the message about another fight coming my way.
Unless, it takes an extra 20-30 seconds to fully calculate the end result ...but that would be terrible.

so if your opponent does quit on you it does count as a ragequit for you too. wow. sorry about that. don't know how capcom can't see that isn't your fault.

I don't know. It looked like the opponent rage quit after he lost, but it could also be that my connection dropped in the worse possible moment.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Would love to but I'm getting married next month. Can't spend money on anything fun until after that.

Though I will need something, as right on my dpad has stopped clicking back. It still registers, but it doesn't have that feedback which leads me to make mistakes. Hard to explain, but it's a problem that could be a sign of something worse.

Yo, Lake!! Congratulations, dude.

MrCarter

This last update also improved the netcode. I can now play with Americans without lag. Previously I couldn't.
I'm in Europe.

Hmm, really? Did you play consistently with only one player or with different other guys from the US? And did you try other countries in similar distances?

Not sure if I'm late with this, but Urien can OTG with a raw super in the corner off of any knockdown. Throw, sweep, headbutt, knee drop, you name it. He's got all day to do it too. Kinda nuts.

Edzi

Not sure if I'm late with this, but Urien can OTG with a raw super in the corner off of any knockdown. Throw, sweep, headbutt, knee drop, you name it. He's got all day to do it too. Kinda nuts.

People have already pointed this out, but I think you can avoid it if you quickrise. CC sweep is the only guaranteed hit.

Capcom makes my favorite games but damn if they can't just avoid making a huge fuck up on a constant basis.
The DLC character releases were particularly messy. Alex was bleh on top of skipping two 100K viewing audiences (literally people chanting his name lmao) while hackers streamed Alex footage for days, Guile's release was tied to the ragequit fix and Urien's release was tied to a rootkit that borked OBS streaming and caused shutdowns (among other things). Only Balrog and Ibuki came out with actual good news attached in the form of story mode and other fixes.

Mizerman

The DLC character releases were particularly messy. Alex was bleh on top of skipping two 100K viewing audiences (literally people chanting his name lmao) while hackers streamed Alex footage for days, Guile's release was tied to the ragequit fix and Urien's release was tied to a rootkit that borked streaming and caused shutdowns (among other things). Only Balrog and Ibuki came out with actual good news attached in the form of story mode and other fixes.

Nah, Ibuki kinda came out with that air throw glitch (thankfully was dealt with in a few days). Balrog? Yeah, no issues.

Love Urien's English voice.

MrCarter

The DLC character releases were particularly messy. Alex was bleh on top of skipping two 100K viewing audiences (literally people chanting his name lmao) while hackers streamed Alex footage for days, Guile's release was tied to the ragequit fix and Urien's release was tied to a rootkit that borked OBS streaming and caused shutdowns (among other things). Only Balrog and Ibuki came out with actual good news attached in the form of story mode and other fixes.

Nah I think his dong reveal just about cancelled out that rootkit nonsense. Just about. Now give us Oro.

Ok, but why?
According to their support:
A disconnect will count against you in both Ranked Match and Casual Match modes from the moment you receive the “Another Fight is Coming Your Way!” notification to the moment the end results are fully calculated.

The match was already done, points were calculated and I did not get the message about another fight coming my way.
Unless, it takes an extra 20-30 seconds to fully calculate the end result ...but that would be terrible.

I don't know. It looked like the opponent rage quit after he lost, but it could also be that my connection dropped in the worse possible moment.
It's weird shit. You have to look at the error codes. That second one wasn't the usual code you get after a disconnect. And you have to be back at the menu already, I believe.
People have already pointed this out, but I think you can avoid it if you quickrise. CC sweep is the only guaranteed hit.
It's so nice to force people to have to stand in the corner after a throw.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Noticed a few little thing and would like some confirmation that I'm not alone:

1) I'm getting a ton of errors after matches that it couldn't send match results and couldn't retrieve data (42006 and 86002 or something like that), much more often than even recently.

2) If I set my filter to 5 bar only, I'm not getting 1 or 2 bar connections anymore. If this is a real change, this might improve the game a lot for me personally.

3) In the rematch/runback screen, the opponents level pretty much always shows up as "Lv. 0". This didn't happen before.

This really just seems like incompetence to me. They couldn't even get the Zenny store working and delayed paid DLC for 4 months because of it. Capcom wanted to make a F2P like game service but has no idea how to go about it. Really sad. And we see all the problems they have with their servers too always needing maintenance. This game needs a complete relaunch really. They tried to tackle too much.
I thought about this a lot recently with these threads popping up:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283312
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283303

And this quote especially:
Capcom said:
Going forward, as we aim to become the world’s number one game developer, we feel that while it is of course necessary to advance and expand upon existing content, it is also necessary to take on new challenges.
Like what...indie studios build better online infrastructures than you. Do they serve drugs for lunch over there?

1) I'm getting a ton of errors after matches that it couldn't send match results and couldn't retrieve data (42006 and 86002 or something like that), much more often than even recently.

2) If I set my filter to 5 bar only, I'm not getting 1 or 2 bar connections anymore. If this is a real change, this might improve the game a lot for me personally.

3) In the rematch/runback screen, the opponents level pretty much always shows up as "Lv. 0". This didn't happen before.
1 and 3 for sure. 1 since the update yesterday and 3 I've noticed over the last few days.

Ame

If I see another 42006 error, I'm gonna lose it.

I set my filter to 5 or 5-4 and still get 3-2 bar connections. Today I even got 1 bars a couple of times. SFV online is so funky. Some days it's tolerable and some days not so much.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just cleared Survival on normal with Urien. And with that, I've cleared Survival on easy and normal with every character, then hard with Cammry, Ryu, & Key, and extreme with Ryu & Ken. I noticed that in survival normal now the last 5 fights are in the four kings lair instead of the staging with the dancing bear in the background.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Now that we're at the end of Season 1, SFV is still my GOTY so far. It's tied with 3rd Strike as my favorite SF so far.

Who I'd like to see in season 2:
Oro
Skullomania
Akuma
Q
Crimson Viper
Remy

I hope we also get a new story for season 2 as well.

Stages I'd like to see in season 2:
The SF Alpha stage with grass and the storm in the background
Sagat's stage from SF2
Bison's stage form SF2
Akuma's stage from 3rd Strike
Alex/Ken's stage from 3rd Strike

Also, if we're not going to get a Darkstalkers 4 anytime soon, how would you feel about one crossover character like Morrigan or Felicia?

CtEOBW3UIAEYtYP.jpg

Tan

Had a scary moment

I deleted the Capcom.sys file from System32

Then I launched Rocket League and it endlessly launched, killed itself, launched again
until I killed steam

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They removed the new "security system" on PC already. God I wish I could listen to some of the meetings at Capcom HQ.

MrCarter

They removed the new "security system" on PC already. God I wish I could listen to some of the meetings at Capcom HQ.

I know right. It simply beggars belief why on earth management thought that would be a great idea. I feel for the actual developers on the game because these knuckleheads are completely disrespecting thier work with these awful decisions.

Top Bottom