• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

reversal aegis setup

qx32O2.gif

Edzi

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how exactly are you supposed to utilize Urien's chargeable heavy normals? Obviously you can't charge them for meaty pressure since that's too obvious, but how exactly are you supposed to set it up so you can get a full charge and combo from them?

Durden77

Did new dailies come out? Not able to check myself.

Not yet, one will expire tomorrow so I'm guessing it will get replaced.

I'm gonna need them too because I caved and bought all the color packs. Now down to 120,000 FM. I have all the stages and shit at least already. But now that I bought the color packs I want to buy the story costumes. Oh cruel fate!

mooncakes

With hints with more Crimson Viper in Urien's story,I think she is now wayy more likely to be in season 2. I want to see who is her baby daddy in her story mode.

Just some random thought but Since Urien also now has OTG super, it be pretty sick if Viper can OTG with her seismo and combo after it. Making her more of the execution heavy type of character compared to most of the casts.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Any Urien anti-airs? My dome is getting smashed every single game.

I've been having the most consistent success with st.MP.

f.MP is good if you can predict a jump in at the right range.

st.HK can also work, but also relies heavily on spacing. (Cross-up prevention, maybe?)

Hubb

Not yet, one will expire tomorrow so I'm guessing it will get replaced.

I'm gonna need them too because I caved and bought all the color packs. Now down to 120,000 FM. I have all the stages and shit at least already. But now that I bought the color packs I want to buy the story costumes. Oh cruel fate!

Thanks, I was kinda hoping they would tack on more everyday. It was too much to hope for.

Edzi

Chun's win quote against Urien also heavily implies a season 2 story, since she mentions working together with him (to take down Shadaloo, I presume).

Whiffs when they crouch. Even on hit I think.
Yeah I was just assuming they were standing or in stun. I would probably b+HK in a crouching situation.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how exactly are you supposed to utilize Urien's chargeable heavy normals? Obviously you can't charge them for meaty pressure since that's too obvious, but how exactly are you supposed to set it up so you can get a full charge and combo from them?
I use HK for the overhead with great success. HP is fun just to change up meaty timing and surprise CC's when someone reacts too late.

Edzi

Yeah I was just assuming they were standing or in stun. I would probably b+HK in a crouching situation.

I use HK for the overhead with great success. HP is fun just to change up meaty timing and surprise CC's when someone reacts too late.

HK is an overhead? I could have sworn I tested it yesterday and it didn't work.

- J - D -

I'm a bit surprised. My first time taking Urien to Survival on hard I got further than any other character after a few tries each.

First time with Urien? I got to stage 47 until a Laura snuffed me out.

Up until the mid-40s the AI doesn't know how to block Urien's charged st.HK, which easily links to some really damaging combos. charged st.HK -> cr.HP -> Hp metal ball -> Hk tackle. Got me through up until Laura figured out that she can just command grab my ass if I'm slightly late with the HK on her wake up, lol.

Fuck survival though.

RM8

I'm not liking Urien. I like his buttons, but the truth is I don't seem to click with his moveset at all, lol. And I'm still trying to make my Alex not crap (which in turn makes me give Sim less time) so I don't think I'm going to pick him up.

Durden77

Platinum Trophy. Can't buy that.

I don't know if i'll ever get that hell trophy. I've tried like 4 times and fuck that so hard. Losing at round 70 is so stupid. It's the only one I need too.

The stat tracking stuff is actually pretty cool. I wish they'd finally do something with those 2 damn tabs on the fighter profile screen that have been grayed out since launch. I could have sworn 1 of them was supposed to be for FM challenges.

Farewell

Damn haha the oppenent walks from 5 metres to me and just throws, i'm standing like an idiot there watching.
Once they find out tech throw is my weakness, they throw me over and over!

How can i practice tech throws in training?

Is it always a 50/50, so i just need to guess?

Well, while everyone's experimenting with Urien, I spent half an hour playing with Birdie in training. I like him, seems fun.

Is there any need to know strategy/tech with Birdie? Any good videos to learn him?

VariantX

Why is there still no match making by region?

I don't know and it would make the battle lounge feature actually useful to me. Tired of seeing flags for nations on the opposite side of the globe all on the top of the list. Equally tired of the connection status never loading in. To me, its a dead mode because there's never a room I can go into for the above reasons.

Damn haha the oppenent walks from 5 metres to me and just throws, i'm standing like an idiot there watching.
Once they find out tech throw is my weakness, they throw me over and over!

How can i practice tech throws in training?

Is it always a 50/50, so i just need to guess?

See here.

It's not a full-proof strategy and it can sometimes be baited and punished or avoided all together but it's still good to have this in your arsenal.

EDIT: Sorry, posted the wrong link there. Here's the one about purely teching throws.

- J - D -

Just lost 800 points in a string of straight losses. It's one of those nights. :/

On the bright side, none of those losses were to Chuns or Ryus!

Dunkelgrau

]blacky[;217889141 said:
I think the last time I played SF was in 1991 on SNES. I was not able to do a shoryuken. Now, 25 years later, I still don't get a shoryuken done. I read all those tutorials I found and visited Gief's gym but it won't work out.
So, nobody wants to explain me how to make a dragon punch, right? ;-)

]blacky[;217939748 said:

Now I don't wanna say that you're a lost cause.

But if in the period of 25 years you haven't been able to do a single shoryuken even while using Guides then maybe street fighter just isn't for you.

Or maybe you can just play characters that don't need DP motions to do their moves, like Guile or Balrog.

]blacky[;217939748 said:

What do you want us to explain? A DP motion is Forward, then Down, then Down Forward. The easiest way to think of it is press forward, and then from that position, do a fireball motion, but press the punch button before the stick gets all the way back to the forward position. I don't really know how else to explain it...

Tripon

]blacky[;217939748 said:
Press forward, then do a quarter circle forward motion. A DP will usually come out instead of the fireball.

Dunkelgrau

A fireball is no problem for me: It works in 85% of all attempts. So I tried the DP with forward + fireball, but it only works in 2% of all attempts. ^^ That's hilarious.

Tripon

]blacky[;217940147 said:
A fireball is no problem for me: It works in 85% of all attempts. So I tried the DP with forward + fireball, but it only works in 2% of all attempts. ^^ That's hilarious.

Are you playing on pad or stick.

]blacky[;217940147 said:

Do down+forward then a fireball. That's the DP shortcut.

Top Bottom