• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
]blacky[;217962941 said:
I am new to this game. After the september-update, are there any reasons to buy the season-pass now? There is currently a DLC-sale on PSN.
Well yeah, to get the 6 DLC characters. (and a stage, costumes and colors)

You can earn them through playing the game and earning Fight Money, but it's not easy to get everything that way.

Neoxon

]blacky[;217962941 said:
I am new to this game. After the september-update, are there any reasons to buy the season-pass now? There is currently a DLC-sale on PSN.
The 2016 Season Pass gives you...
  • All 6 Season 1 DLC Characters (Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, & Urien)
  • Battle Outfits for Each of the Season 1 DLC Characters
  • Colors 3-10 for the Season 1 DLC Characters' Defaults & Battle Outfits
  • Air Force Base (stage)
  • A Chun-Li Theme (PS4-only)
  • Ryu, Chun-Li, & M. Bison Avatars (PS4-only)
You can earn the DLC characters, their default colors, & Air Force Base with Fight Money (you can also get the colors via Survival Mode without paying a single coin of FM). You also get Colors 3-10 for the Battle Outfits by default since you have to pay real money for them. The main benefit of the Season Pass is that you can use the Fight Money for other stages, colors, & Story costumes. I thought of it as paying for the characters & getting a ton of other stuff for free.

Sayad

]blacky[;217962941 said:
Buying the season pass at half price and saving in game money to buy season 2 characters next year sound like a great deal since season 2 pass wont be this cheap any time soon.

Dunkelgrau

Well yeah, to get the 6 DLC characters. (and a stage, costumes and colors)

You can earn them through playing the game and earning Fight Money, but it's not easy to get everything that way.

So you can get eveything trough FM?
Then I will try it that way. 100.000 for a character seems okay to me.

Neoxon

]blacky[;217963985 said:
You can't get the Premium Costumes or any of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC (the Ring of Destiny stage, the CPT costumes for Chun/Cammy/Necalli, etc.) with Fight Money. Otherwise, everything else is fair game for Fight Money.

]blacky[;217963985 said:

The only things that can't be bought with FM are purely cosmetic and don't affect the gameplay.

- J - D -

LakeEarth

Anyone having trouble comboing Urien's cr.Hp -> HP fireball in the corner? It always goes under the opponent during the juggle.
Yup, it just doesn't work in the corner. Looks like Urien will be one of those characters where you need to adjust combos due to positioning.

- J - D -

Yup, it just doesn't work in the corner. Looks like Urien will be one of those characters where you need to adjust combos due to positioning.

It works but you need to charge the fireball a little bit
Yeah but you can charge it to adjust the timing

In this combo vid that was posted on the previous page, he was able to combo the HP fireball in the corner without charging (seemingly).

I can't get it to hit. Does the opponent character factor into whether it connects or not?

edit: sorry forgot the video link: https://youtu.be/0xd6c_IeQ5A?t=16

Incase anyone was interested, I went ahead and recorded all the data from the Lair of the Four Kings stage K.O from the left side that showed statistics on the defeated character.

They're listed on a scale from 1-5 as VT (Vitality?) ST (Strength?) AG (Agility?) SK (Skill?) and either FA or PA (letter was obscured due to position on the screen).

RYU

Memo: Hado Awakened
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 85 kg
Origin: Japan
VT = 3
ST = 4
AG = 3
SK = 2
P/FA = 4

KEN

Memo: Flashy Fighter
Weight: 83 kg
Origin: USA
VT = 3
ST = 3
AG = 3
SK = 2
P/FA = 3

CHUN-LI

Memo: Interpol Agent
Height: 169 cm
Weight: Secret
Origin: China
VT = 2
ST = 2
AG = 4
SK = 4
P/FA = 3

CAMMY

Memo: Killer Bee
Height: 164 cm
Weight: 61 kg
Origin: UK
VT = 2
ST = 3
AG = 5
SK = 2
P/FA = 3

NASH

Memo: Undead Avenger
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 93 kg
Origin: Unknown
VT = 3
ST = 3
AG = 4
SK = 3
P/FA = 3

BIRDIE

Memo: AWOL
Height: 216 cm
Weight: 230 kg
Origin: UK
VT = 4
ST = 4
AG = 1
SK = 3
P/FA = 4

BISON

Memo: The Boss
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 112 kg
VT = 3
ST = 5
AG = 4
SK = 4
P/FA = 3

KARIN

Memo: The Princess
Height: 162 cm
Weight: 59 kg
VT = 2
ST = 3
AG = 4
SK = 5
P/FA = 2

RASHID

Memo: Wannabe Hero
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 85 kg
VT = 3
ST = 2
AG = 4
SK = 3
P/FA = 2

MIKA

Memo: Muscle Spirit
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 70 kg
VT = 3
ST = 3
AG = 2
SK = 4
P/FA = 1

LAURA

Memo: Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu
Weight: 72 kg
Origin: Brazil
VT = 3
ST = 3
AG = 4
SK = 3
P/FA = 1

VEGA

Memo: Narcissist
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 84 kg
Origin: Spain
VT = 2
ST = 3
AG = 5
SK = 3
P/FA = 3

NECALLI

Memo: Anomaly
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 113 kg
VT = 4
ST = 5
AG = 4
SK = 2
P/FA = 3

DHALSIM

Memo: Yoga Guru
Height: 176 cm (Varies)
Weight: 84 kg (Varies)
Origin: India
VT = 2
ST = 3
AG = 1
SK = 3
P/FA = 5

ZANGIEF

Memo: Red Cyclone
Height: 214 cm
Weight: 181 kg
Origin: Russia
VT = 5
ST = 5
AG = 1
SK = 2
P/FA = 3

F.A.N.G

Memo: No.2
Height: 222 cm
Weight: Unknown
VT = 3
ST = 2
AG = 3
SK = 3
P/FA = 5

ALEX

Memo: Hyper Bomber
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 111 kg
VT = 4
ST = 3
AG = 2
SK = 3
P/FA = 2

GUILE

Memo: Sonic Avenger
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 99 kg
VT = 3
ST = 4
AG = 3
SK = 2
P/FA = 4

IBUKI

Memo: Student
Height: 162 cm
Weight: 55 kg
VT = 2
ST = 2
AG = 4
SK = 3
P/FA = 2

BALROG

Memo: Raging Buffalo
Height: 198 cm
Weight: 135 kg
VT = 4
ST = 4
AG = 3
SK = 2
P/FA = 2

JURI

Memo: Spider
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 57 kg
Origin: Korea
VT = 2
ST = 3
AG = 5
SK = 2
P/FA = 2

URIEN

Memo: Ungodly Power
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 120 kg
VT = 4
ST = 4
AG = 4
SK = 3
P/FA = 3

Sayad

Since somebody has to play the role, I'll be the party pooper here.

No new characters for a minimum of 4 months.
Au4A0wl.jpg

Hameko goin' in with Urien:
https://twitter.com/hameko/status/779732291836715008

Urien frame data?

In rough format for now, but:
https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/779538197940502529

EDIT: And, in case you're wondering why moves are listed multiple times in a row, I believe that's for each active frame of a particular move.

For example, 5.LP frame data is listed twice in a row on the list. That's because 5.LP (stand LP) has 2 active frames. The first listing is for the first active frame, the second listing is for the second active frame.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Wow, I just checked out that mod and that's exactly what's been bothering me about the stages. It's like someone cleaned the windshield.
And it improves performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEmHfX8Bhc8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-7okf64lY

http://imgur.com/a/aJFMU

The videos look way off to me. Like all the colors are burnt in. The image gallery looks better, but only from the perspective of "hey, look at these vibrant still images." The downside is that it reduces the contrast between the foreground and background. I believe that contrast was a smart, conscious choice for a game that requires extreme focus on a single foreground plane. For that reason I prefer the foggy, slightly more monochromatic approach they have taken to backgrounds in this game. It's a big improvement over the garish, overly animated and busy backgrounds from SFIV, IMO.

Dunkelgrau

You can't get the Premium Costumes or any of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC (the Ring of Destiny stage, the CPT costumes for Chun/Cammy/Necalli, etc.) with Fight Money. Otherwise, everything else is fair game for Fight Money.

Can someone please post a link to a page of the costumes I can't get with fight money?
I searched for it by myself, but it is very confusing.

The CPT-DLC costs 25 bucks, so I wouldn't buy it anyway.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The videos look way off to me. Like all the colors are burnt in. The image gallery looks better, but only from the perspective of "hey, look at these vibrant still images." The downside is that it reduces the contrast between the foreground and background. I believe that contrast was a smart, conscious choice for a game that requires extreme focus on a single foreground plane. For that reason I prefer the foggy, slightly more monochromatic approach they have taken to backgrounds in this game. It's a big improvement over the garish, overly animated and busy backgrounds from SFIV, IMO.
The colors in the videos are definitely off, they went too far with contrast or something. I vastly prefered SF4's backgrounds, though.

LakeEarth

Anyone else getting constant server errors today. Like I mentioned earlier, every game has ended with the 40006 error, and then a 80002 a few minutes later. All "communication with the servers" errors.

Incase anyone was interested, I went ahead and recorded all the data from the Lair of the Four Kings stage K.O from the left side that showed statistics on the defeated character.

They're listed on a scale from 1-5 as VT (Vitality?) ST (Strength?) AG (Agility?) SK (Skill?) and either FA or PA (letter was obscured due to position on the screen).

Thanks!

I'm guessing the diagrams correlate to the official spider diagrams that Capcom released with every character:
Power
Health
Technique
Mobility
Range

For example: https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/778634323524198400

JayEH

Anyone else getting constant server errors today. Like I mentioned earlier, every game has ended with the 40006 error, and then a 80002 a few minutes later. All "communication with the servers" errors.

I get can't send results to server half the time.

JayEH

It's only in the last day or two I've had the server issues really. Usually it works the majority of the time for me.

MrCarter

Since somebody has to play the role, I'll be the party pooper here.

No new characters for a minimum of 4 months.

Good. They need to use that time to improve the performance and aesthetics of the game.

Also funny how in those stats only Chun-Li's weight is a "secret" lol

]blacky[;217966496 said:
Can someone please post a link to a page of the costumes I can't get with fight money?
I searched for it by myself, but it is very confusing.

The CPT-DLC costs 25 bucks, so I wouldn't buy it anyway.

http://zekrom101.imgur.com/
You can buy the Story costumes with FM, Battle and Summer outfits cost money.

Edit: Whoops forgot about buying story costumes with money.

Dunkelgrau

I now checked the ingame-store. Most of those outfits, such as swimsuits, have no prices at all. So does that mean that all of them are not available with fight money? :-O

Than I buy the season pass now ... ;-)

Last question: Do you see outfits from other player you haven't purchased while fighting online?

Pompadour

I imagine January will get the balance patch + 1 or 2 player requested features.

I feel like Capcom probably wants to stagger character releases a little better next year because they had to squeeze 6 characters between March (a month after release) and month far enough from Cap Cup 2016 so they weren't just dropping a character before the culminating CPT 2016 tournament. Starting in 2017 gives them more room to spread out the characters.

]blacky[;217967657 said:
I now checked the ingame-store. Most of those outfits, such as swimsuits, have no prices at all. So does that mean that all of them are not available with fight money? :-O

Than I buy the season pass now ... ;-)

Last question: Do you see outfits from other player you haven't purchased while fighting online?
You don't get swimsuits with the season pass. And you don't get battle costumes for anyone other than dlc characters.

Yes you can see them.

Top Bottom