• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

LakeEarth

Need to figure out when I can punish with Urien's c.hp (other than crush counter stuff of course), I keep resorting to target combo into fierce/EX tackle, but I'm probably missing out on some good damage.

EDIT - it's 8 frames, so usage is relatively limited

Messing around with more ways to set up Aegis

W6GjxX.gif

Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217996145]Messing around with more ways to set up Aegis

W6GjxX.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yet that doesn't work with Rashid and his v trigger -_-

Skilletor

Not with Cr.MK.

Pretty sure every normal can be cancelled into v-trigger, meign.

Looking at the guide to confirm...they list every normal (not command normal, like an overhead or cammy's f+hk) with data for vtrig cancels.

They might not all connect, if that's what you mean, but this isn't special to Urien.

Pretty sure every normal can be cancelled into v-trigger, meign.

Looking at the guide to confirm...they list every normal (not command normal, like an overhead or cammy's f+hk) with data for vtrig cancels.

They might not all connect, if that's what you mean, but this isn't special to Urien.

True but unlike other characters who can has a very short range in their Cr.MK than those who can't link it. While Urien is behind Nash for the longest range in Cr.MK while also being safe.

Menitta

Yeah it's rampant in Dota 2. Coming out of that, SFV doesn't seem that bad. But, it's annoying still for sure.

It's just that I hate playing on ranked because I don't like the numbers going up and down, and I'm just straight up bad at fighting games. So when I go to casual, I get smurfed accounts and that's zero fun. There's no winning. Especially since online is the main appeal of this game.

Edit: also I changed my post because it was harsh and I was very salt and impulse posted.

JayEH

Are there really good players who play with a 0 LP account in casuals? That doesn't even seem fun. Might as well go to training mode.

MrCarter

The free character thing caused more problems than it was worth. It caused a whole chain of horrible design decisions which have been poisoning the game's reputation, didn't help a bit in terms of meeting sales goals, and on top of that pissed off a whole lot of regular DLC buyers who feel like they're getting exploited, and won't spend a dime now. They balanced the gameplay well, but not the model around it.

Agree with some points but not with others. The pricing of DLC is fairly expensive in comparison to previous iterations however as it's mainly cosmetic stuff and the fact that Capcom won't make you buy yearly discs of the game I think it's a fair trade off. I've seen many DLC costumes online, but yes, they need to find some sort of middle ground with the pricing to increase that.

Regarding the "free" characters, personally I think it's a very innovative idea in terms of actually buying them with "Fight Money" that you can obtain from playing the game (daily/weekly challenges will make it far easier too) and I doubt the sales would have changed either way. It was the lack of game modes and awful networking which affected sales.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217998614]STEP DA FUCK UP

kjhlkjxcytl.png

I might drop Nash because of this color.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, is this a mod or can I get this?

the thought that the rage quit penalty would have an effect starting to sound like a wishfull thinking to me. 2 RQ on casual again. oh well...

are there gonna be another DLC character next month? I only need 100k FM more for the trophy.

I'm in Atlanta, you?

I'll be playin most of the night tonight
SoCal
Might not be the best connection. Not home right now, but if you're still playing later then I'll give it a shot. Haven't run into too many Guile's while I've been using Urien, so it'll be interesting to see how the match plays out.

Durden77

Looks like a Halloween pack is coming.

Oh shit. I'd buy Halloween shit.

SoCal
Might not be the best connection. Not home right now, but if you're still playing later then I'll give it a shot. Haven't run into too many Guile's while I've been using Urien, so it'll be interesting to see how the match plays out.

Let me know whenever you're ready and I'll let ya know if I'm up! Can always used more Urien match up experience.

JayEH

Based on what?

somebody else a couple days ago posted a nash costume that looks like the one in the photo i didn't realize it was datamined from the game and there's also been a halloween stage datamined so I figure this is all part of some halloween themed dlc.

Top Bottom