• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
GGs edzi

I hate the fact that urien has my fave char design of all time but that I suck at teching throws and also suck with charge characters

you should really use aegis reflecot more, that shit is too good, you almost never use it

Edzi

GGs edzi

I hate the fact that urien has my fave char design of all time but that I suck at teching throws and also suck with charge characters

you should really use aegis reflecot more, that shit is too good, you almost never use it

GGs. Yeah, I'm pretty bad at utilizing V-Triggers in general.

One bit of advice I have for you after those sets is to stop pressing buttons on wakeup, that got you killed like 80% of the time.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Hey Edzi I sent an invite. I know last time the connection wasn't great but I thought we should try again.

Edit: actually i sent 2 invites because I created the first lounge with the wrong settings

Edit: uh oh kid woke up canceling all street fighting activities

Dunkelgrau

Haha, now I see it: Those costumes are 3,99 each? I'm sure that this is widely discussed here, so I want say nothing about it, except: FU, CAPCOM!

KingBroly

Banned
]blacky[;217972268 said:
Haha, now I see it: Those costumes are 3,99 each? I'm sure that this is widely discussed here, so I want say nothing about it, except: FU, CAPCOM!

The CPT ones are $5.99

The only upside is that they come with Colors 3-10 now. They didn't previously.

Edzi

Hey Edzi I sent an invite. I know last time the connection wasn't great but I thought we should try again.

Edit: actually i sent 2 invites because I created the first lounge with the wrong settings

Edit: uh oh kid woke up canceling all street fighting activities

No worries, I'm actually out of the house atm anyway. If you're on later tonight, we can play some sets.

Scotia

Banned
Since somebody has to play the role, I'll be the party pooper here.

No new characters for a minimum of 4 months.

Yeah it sucks. I was really happy playing Urien today, then I remembered he was the last character we're getting till at least January and it really brought me down. I'm looking forward to seeing who's in Season 2 though.

vg260

My framerate has gone down since the Urien update. I had a pretty solid 60fps on mostly high settings. Now no matter how I change the graphic settings I can't reach 60.

Can't find anyone else with this problem.

I had a lot of random slowdown for no reason. It ran fine before.

It made the game unplayable. I haven't run it since the capcom.sys nonsense though.

Neoxon

We'll probably get QoL updates & other DLC up until December when they'll likely announce Season 2. We know that we'll have a Halloween-related update this October & the Red Bull costumes this November.

]blacky[;217972268 said:

Considering it's completely cosmetic and everything else is earnable for free, I think it's a pretty fair trade-off.

I'm guessing all we have left this year are a few new SP/MP features (whatever Extra Battle is) and all those Classic Costumes.

I'm excited nonetheless

vg260

Considering it's completely cosmetic and everything else is earnable for free, I think it's a pretty fair trade-off.

Only for those who don't buy costumes. Of course they will be fine with the ridiculous pricing if they never were going to buy any.

The free character thing caused more problems than it was worth. It caused a whole chain of horrible design decisions which have been poisoning the game's reputation, didn't help a bit in terms of meeting sales goals, and on top of that pissed off a whole lot of regular DLC buyers who feel like they're getting exploited, and won't spend a dime now. They balanced the gameplay well, but not the model around it.

Incase anyone was interested, I went ahead and recorded all the data from the Lair of the Four Kings stage K.O from the left side that showed statistics on the defeated character.

They're listed on a scale from 1-5 as VT (Vitality?) ST (Strength?) AG (Agility?) SK (Skill?) and either FA or PA (letter was obscured due to position on the screen).

NASH

Memo: Undead Avenger
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 93 kg
Origin: Unknown
VT = 3
ST = 3
AG = 4
SK = 3
P/FA = 3
Nash is obviously from USA right?

RASHID

Memo: Wannabe Hero
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 85 kg
Origin: Unknown
VT = 3
ST = 2
AG = 4
SK = 3
P/FA = 2

Ahahahaha

We'll probably get QoL updates & other DLC up until December when they'll likely announce Season 2. We know that we'll have a Halloween-related update this October & the Red Bull costumes this November.

It'd be nice after they got blowed up for doing other things recently.

Had to play extra difficulty story to get enough fight money to foot the Urien bill, that Bison at the end is reminiscent of the dickish arcade boss this game was clearly missing, ah fighting game AI, I have not missed you.

Enjoying Urien though, even with my slap dash playstyle.

Ryce

It seems like Capcom is building Ed up to become the face of a resurrected Shadaloo for SFVI. He was a young child during the events of IV, and now he's a teenager. He'll most likely be an adult in the next installment.

Nash was originally from USA in the old games, yes.

But, Urien's story prologue implies that THIS Nash might be an Illuminati creation of some sort...

I believe the green parts of his body are made from Eleven so he's like 60/40 old Nash/Eleven.

Who is Eleven?

And spare me the Stranger Things jokes guy :p

Edit: Just did an image search. He must be a new character from Urien's story?

BiographyEdit
While Eleven can theoretically take on virtually any form, Eleven's default appearance is a milky-white semisolid male humanoid. His body is generally smooth and featureless. A "V" shaped structure is present atop Eleven's head.. Eleven has no will, blindly following orders given to it.[1]

StoryEdit
Street Fighter VEdit
Eleven is an earlier prototype of Twelve created by the Illuminati's Dr. Kure, produced by reforming plants rather than animals.[1] Urien has Eleven transform into a copy of himself to test its abilities, and causes heavy damage to it. Not satisfied, Urien tells Dr. Kure to improve it. It is later re-purposed by Kolin as raw material to resurrect Nash.

Very interesting. I just assumed Nash's green parts were anime decay.

The amount of ex headbutts I'm getting away with is insane. I'm gonna develop some really bad habits with Urien at this rate.

On the other hand, I love punishing all the people that are headbutt happy.

Top Bottom