• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
somebody else a couple days ago posted a nash costume that looks like the one in the photo i didn't realize it was datamined from the game and there's also been a halloween stage datamined so I figure this is all part of some halloween themed dlc.
Mark of garou ken. Do it capcom. Anyways, im ready to take on anyone in sfv. CFN MahvelBaby.

Ryce

somebody else a couple days ago posted a nash costume that looks like the one in the photo i didn't realize it was datamined from the game and there's also been a halloween stage datamined so I figure this is all part of some halloween themed dlc.
That Nash costume doesn't have anything to do with Halloween; it's based on a recent Japanese tournament won by Yukadon (that's the tourney logo on Nash's vest).

Mr. X

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217998614]STEP DA FUCK UP

kjhlkjxcytl.png

I might drop Nash because of this color.[/QUOTE]
Ooooh tempting

Duress

I took the points and ran with this Cammy player, only to be matched up with her again. I beat him/her by a pixel, and bailed again. lol dude must be so salty. I'm an AAAaaAaasssssSSSsshOOoooOoole.

I think I'll have to take a break from SFV for a long time because I'm just too busy from high school :/ A shame too since I love this game, but I'm just always overwhelmed with homework now so I have no time to practice.

Having some matches. Come fight my -hour 1 Urien. Connections may vary.

ID: SuplexTown

edit: I wish I had some of you on my Steam friends so I could actively bother people for matches rather than waiting for someone to read my posts.

DR2K

Banned
Anyone that plays Urien with clothes on is no friend to humanity. He's an exotic dancer, not a Armenian Cologne salesman.

- J - D -

Anyone that plays Urien with clothes on is no friend to humanity. He's an exotic dancer, not a Armenian Cologne salesman.

Agree only in the sense that SFV Urien in his suit looks ridiculous. It's so tight fitting that A) He looks like he should hardly be able to move and B) a suit that tight is obviously poorly tailored for his body type, which is surprising considering Urien seems like the type who'd stay on top of his fashion game.

It's especially silly considering how his suit looked back in SF3.

tumblr_n4ame8puM61qhndw9o1_500.gif

Agree only in the sense that SFV Urien in his suit looks ridiculous. It's so tight fitting that A) He looks like he should hardly be able to move and B) a suit that tight is obviously poorly tailored for his body type, which is surprising considering Urien seems like the type who'd stay on top of his fashion game.

He's literally exploding out of his suit.

Dear god, Urien has so many opportunities for easy damage. I killed a Ryu with an AA cHP into Super. I hit another Urien 3 times in a row with cLP, LP>MP > LK Tackle.

And a target combo that starts with Light and can lead to Super? Don't attack a full bar Urien with anything that puts you close and is also -5.

tumblr_n4ame8puM61qhndw9o1_500.gif
The fact the suit fits so tightly is what makes it so hot. The tailoring is on 100% point. (His SFIII suit is like a burlap sack.)

Of course the loincloth is the best, but all his SFV outfits are great. Urien is great.

Teaching Moment
XFtzGNE.jpg

The left side is not okay.

- J - D -

The fact the suit fits so tightly is what makes it so hot. The tailoring is on 100% point. (His SFIII suit is like a burlap sack.)

Of course the loincloth is the best, but all his SFV outfits are great. Urien is great.

Teaching Moment
XFtzGNE.jpg

The left side is not okay.

Well no, I didn't pick that gif because it looked good. I picked it because it represents a drastic change from what Urien was. And say what you want about the looser fit suit, but it was the standard look for a lot of guys up to the aughts.

In your pic, yes, the fit on the right is definitely the better one, but Urien's SFV look is not that at all.

QVCM5WT.png

You can see his back muscles (lats and traps both!) through his suit! A suit isn't supposed to fit like it was a spandex onesie.

Well no, I didn't pick that gif because it looked good. I picked it because it represents a drastic change from what Urien was. And say what you want about the looser fit suit, but it was the standard look for a lot of guys up to the aughts.

In your pic, yes, the fit on the right is definitely the better one, but Urien's SFV look is not that at all.

QVCM5WT.png

You can see his back muscles (lats and traps both!) through his suit! A suit isn't supposed to fit like it was a spandex onesie.
Obviously the fit of the suit is a bit exaggerated, in accordance with the general artistic style of the game, but if we're talking his SFIII suit vs. his SFV suits, the SFV suits are the clear winners IMO. If fabric is pooling around your feet, then that's a really bad sign as far as suits go, whether they are fitted or not.

Properly fitted suits aren't a new development when it comes to men's fashion, and when you look back at how a man's suit has changed in the last 100 years, the general consensus is that properly tailored suits, ones that are trim against the body, are the ones that are held in the most esteem. Urien's SFV suits are a reflection of that, though as I said, in a more exaggerated manner that references the general aesthetic of the game. It's a hyper masculine take on the silhouette, and I think it achieves exactly what was intended.

- J - D -

It's the reason that people in Gotham City don't notice that Bruce Wayne is ripped as fuck.

Bruce Wayne's fashion sense is impeccable and tactically sound!

Obviously the fit of the suit is a bit exaggerated, in accordance with the general artistic style of the game, but if we're talking his SFIII suit vs. his SFV suits, the SFV suits are the clear winners IMO. If fabric is pooling around your feet, then that's a really bad sign as far as suits go, whether they are fitted or not.

Properly fitted suits aren't a new development when it comes to men's fashion, and when you look back at how a man's suit has changed in the last 100 years, the general consensus is that properly tailored suits, ones that are trim against the body, are the ones that are held in the most esteem. Urien's SFV suits are a reflection of that, though as I said, in a more exaggerated manner that references the general aesthetic of the game. It's a hyper masculine take on the silhouette, and I think it achieves exactly what was intended.

I'll concede only that Urien is a bad dresser in any look that isn't just his underwear. Some people don't know how to do it. That's fine.

Look at The Rock, about as large as Urien would be in real life. Dwayne Johnson is repeatedly on best dressed lists, and it's hard to not see why. Dude is buff but also knows the importance of tailoring to your physique.

the-rock-suit.jpg

I'll concede only that Urien is a bad dresser in any look that isn't just his underwear. Some people don't know how to do it. That's fine.

Look at The Rock, about as large as Urien would be in real life. Dwayne Johnson is repeatedly on best dressed lists, and it's hard to not see why. Dude is buff but also knows the importance of tailoring to your physique.

the-rock-suit.jpg
I think your issue is that you're expecting the clothing of SFV to accurately represent how the same style of clothes would look on a real person, except that almost none of the clothing in SFV works that way. Most everything is exaggerated, as the body proportions of the characters are also as such. If you don't like the skintight look, that's your prerogative of course, but I don't think it represents any sort of aesthetic failing on the designers part when it comes to Urien, and I think the general consensus of the fanbase would also support that.

I think the emphasis on tight fitting clothing that highlights his musculature is very much in keeping with the character's overall design, which suits him perfectly, pun intended.

Edzi

Bruce Wayne's fashion sense is impeccable and tactically sound!

the-rock-suit.jpg

I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble understanding why he has an unrealistic and stylized outfit.

- J - D -

I think your issue is that you're expecting the clothing of SFV to accurately represent how the same style of clothes would look on a real person, except that almost none of the clothing in SFV works that way. Most everything is exaggerated, as the body proportions of the characters are also as such. If you don't like the skintight look, that's your prerogative of course, but I don't think it represents any sort of aesthetic failing on the designers part when it comes to Urien, and I think the general consensus of the fanbase would also support that.

I think the emphasis on tight fitting clothing that highlights his musculature is very much in keeping with the character's overall design, which suits him perfectly, pun intended.

I understand your argument, but I contend that the current crop of outfits on SFV's characters already favor SFV's distinct art style, and because of that, Urien's suit still manages to stick out like a sore thumb. All the characters who have absurdly exaggerated physiques are wearing clothing that A) are meant to be skin-tight, or B) they are outfits that are so outlandish as to not have a real world equivalent, or C) they aren't wearing much clothing at all.

Urien's suit doesn't fit that description. It's standard business attire.

But like I said, I understand your argument but it doesn't stop making think it looks silly even when weighed against the rest of the outfits in the game.

lupinko

How come there isn't more talk about the best SFV and number 1 ranked online player?

I looked and apparently it's a Dhalsim player from Brazil.

Edzi

How come there isn't more talk about the best SFV and number 1 ranked online player?

I looked and apparently it's a Dhalsim player from Brazil.

Probably because it's been repeatedly proven that the number 1 online spot doesn't mean much. A couple players who barely get tournament wins held it, a couple rage quitters, and I think the Infiltration bot even held that title a while back. All it really says about you is that you spend way too much time grinding ranked.

I understand your argument, but I contend that the current crop of outfits on SFV's characters already favor SFV's distinct art style, and because of that, Urien's suit still manages to stick out like a sore thumb. All the characters who have absurdly exaggerated physiques are wearing clothing that A) are meant to be skin-tight, or B) they are outfits that are so outlandish as to not have a real world equivalent, or C) they aren't wearing much clothing at all.

Urien's suit doesn't fit that description.

But like I said, I understand your argument but it doesn't stop making think it looks silly even when weighed against the rest of the outfits in the game.
While to me, I feel like Urien's outfits, all of them, are the epitome of the SFV design aesthetic at its most successful and appealing. There's some real duds in the SFV closet in my mind, while Urien is a shining example of a look and feel I hope they continue with as we move forward. You don't share this opinion, and that's fine.

I just have to say that I feel particularly fired up about defending and supporting these artistic choices for Urien, because it represents something that I myself long to see in games, but don't get to very often. A male character who is purposefully, and skillfully (IMO) presented in a sexualized fashion. Are his suits extremely tight? Yeah, the are. Does his ripped up tunic defy all laws of gravity exposing his junk in a gratuitous fashion? Yeah, it does. Did I do a few cartwheels when the loincloth was officially confirmed? Yeah, I did. Urien represents an aesthetic that appeals quite directly to my demographic, and I'm pleased as punch that he's being so well received, not just by gay gamers like myself, but also by the FGC at large, because it represents a shift in attitudes that is sorely needed.

- J - D -

While to me, I feel like Urien's outfits, all of them, are the epitome of the SFV design aesthetic at its most successful and appealing. There's some real duds in the SFV closet in my mind, while Urien is a shining example of a look and feel I hope they continue with as we move forward. You don't share this opinion, and that's fine.

I just have to say that I feel particularly fired up about defending and supporting these artistic choices for Urien, because it represents something that I myself long to see in games, but don't get to very often. A male character who is purposefully, and skillfully (IMO) presented in a sexualized fashion. Are his suits extremely tight? Yeah, the are. Does his ripped up tunic defy all laws of gravity exposing his junk in a gratuitous fashion? Yeah, it does. Did I do a few cartwheels when the loincloth was officially confirmed? Yeah, I did. Urien represents an aesthetic that appeals quite directly to my demographic, and I'm pleased as punch that he's being so well received, not just by gay gamers like myself, but also by the FGC at large, because it represents a shift in attitudes that is sorely needed.

SFV's flaunting of sexuality is heavily weighed on one side of the scales than the other, that much is inarguable, but it's hard to argue that the males don't get to show off their goods moreso here than in the past, and Urien and his magnificent thong just now made an appearance. And hey, the more the merrier, but I just wish it was a spandex suit if tightness is what they wanted to do. I appreciate too much a nicely tailored suit.

I will say though, more power to you, man. Extremely tight men's business suit is one avenue of sexuality that we as a society have not gotten around to making a thing yet so I guess in that sense I can't really argue against.

Please play Hard or Hell and get back to us. Assuming you haven't hung yourself by then.

I admit I have not played it on the hardest difficulty.

SFV's flaunting of sexuality is heavily weighed on one side of the scales than the other, that much is inarguable, but it's hard to argue that the males don't get to show off their goods moreso here than in the past, and Urien and his magnificent thong just now made an appearance. And hey, the more the merrier, but I just wish it was a spandex suit if tightness is what they wanted to do.

I will say though, more power to you, man. Extremely tight men's business suit is one avenue of sexuality that we as a society have not gotten around to making a thing yet so I guess in that sense I can't really argue against.
There are other promising signs, that is true. Hot Ryu is another prime indicator of that. That's part of what I'm trying to express, that I hope these two positive examples will lead the way to more. I'll definitely be continuing to push for more content like this. It's like 50% of what I do on GAF anyway.

(As for tight suits being an "avenue of sexuality", they are very much so in portions of the gay community, so that's why I pointed it out.)

- J - D -

There are other promising signs, that is true. Hot Ryu is another prime indicator of that. That's part of what I'm trying to express, that I hope these two positive examples will lead the way to more. I'll definitely be continuing to push for more content like this. It's like 50% of what I do on GAF anyway.

(As for tight suits being an "avenue of sexuality", they are very much so in portions of the gay community, so that's why I pointed it out.)

HEY! I read Tom and Lorenzo all the darn time and they've called out suits that were too tight/small as bad looks! I know that the gay community is comprised of all types and tastes, but a well tailored suit is a well tailored suit no matter your sexual orientation and Urien's suit is too damn tight!

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2012/10/daniel-craig-x2/

Top Bottom