• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Had a really good session this afternoon. No rage quits, good matchmaking, no lag, and lots of close fights that forced me to level up to win.

Too bad it was all casuals

My first fight was in the CPT arena and while I am not as enamoured with its appearance as many seem to be, the crowd noise is a great effect.

Watching EVO from yesterday. Nash getting lit up left and right by Radhids and Mikas but he's so OP. "He has everything and then some". GTFO.

At least EVO is making me feel good about myself, as they are getting blown up in a similar way I do against overwhelming pressure from these characters and I imagine that I couldn't do any worse on the stage at EVO.

FluxWaveZ

I really hate the feeling of putting in a ton of time into this, but feeling like I'm not actually making any progress. Perhaps I've hit my wall.

well this is a fucking bummer, I was thinking about doing that Nadeshiko alt to go along with Mika's story costume but I just realised with what Capcom's done to the files on PC there's now no way for me to create additional costumes for Nadeshiko and have them selected when you pick Mika's second outfit or whatever.

god damn it.

KingBroly

Banned
well this is a fucking bummer, I was thinking about doing that Nadeshiko alt to go along with Mika's story costume but I just realised with what Capcom's done to the files on PC there's now no way for me to create additional costumes for Nadeshiko and have them selected when you pick Mika's second outfit or whatever.

god damn it.

NoFunAllowed.jpg

Sadness

Zackat

Would Steam Workshop support help with this stuff? I see that tossed around but I don't know what the heck it even does. I don't normally do mods and stuff on any games.

Sianos

Any advice on adjusting your hit confirms to deal with rollback? I'm both having issues with what appeared to be an initial hit rolling back into a block and with lazy unconfirmed strings where the first hit was clearly blocked that somehow themselves rollback into combos. Doesn't feel like I'm executing well in either case, but I'm not sure what to do about it.

NoFunAllowed.jpg

Sadness
Yup, it's bullshit
Would Steam Workshop support help with this stuff? I see that tossed around but I don't know what the heck it even does. I don't normally do mods and stuff on any games.
I don't necessarily think it would help, and it'll probably never happen, but committing to it would've at least shown an interest in an active modding community. I would even be okay with them just not fucking everything up every single patch to spite like 10 people who are stealing DLC who then figure out how to do everything anyway.

I really hate the feeling of putting in a ton of time into this, but feeling like I'm not actually making any progress. Perhaps I've hit my wall.

Last time I ran into you, you were ranked in the 200s. Your room for improvement is so much more compressed compared to most anyone here.

Just my thoughts, though.

Shadoken

Watching EVO from yesterday. Nash getting lit up left and right by Radhids and Mikas but he's so OP. "He has everything and then some". GTFO.

At least EVO is making me feel good about myself, as they are getting blown up in a similar way I do against overwhelming pressure from these characters and I imagine that I couldn't do any worse on the stage at EVO.

I don't think anyone is calling him OP. He has legit weakness that can be exploited , the Yukadon and LIJoe matches were down to the wire. It could have easily gone either way and we'd be having Vega in Top 8.

That doesn't magically make Vega OP.

Edzi

Last time I ran into you, you were ranked in the 200s. Your room for improvement is so much more compressed compared to most anyone here.

Just my thoughts, though.

Flux casually beats down pros who he doesn't even recognize, yet he still seems to think he's not that great.

Flux, I think what you need is to find some better (and local) competition and just play with them for a while. Try to get into a group that consists of some high level tourny players.

FluxWaveZ

When you hit your wall, watch this again.

https://youtu.be/KhuGnWevSAg

Heh. Never thought much about that trailer; perhaps finding inspiration through a means like it could help.

Flux, I think what you need is to find some better (and local) competition and just play with them for a while. Try to get into a group that consists of some high level tourny players.

I've started going to local weeklies, but I'm not the type to mingle too much. Maybe I should start asking directly for advice from those guys.

Fun fact, though: Chi Rithy is a regular there, and he's the one who put Justin Wong in losers.

Edzi

Heh. Never thought much about that trailer; perhaps finding inspiration through a means like it could help.

I've started going to local weeklies, but I'm not the type to mingle too much. Maybe I should start asking directly for advice from those guys.

Fun fact, though: Chi Rithy is a regular there, and he's the one who put Justin Wong in losers.

Yeah, I really think you'd benefit from making an effort to play with them more regularly in longer sets. At your level, I think the best (only?) way to improve is to practice the way the pros do.

Shadoken

Do you play offline or in tournaments ? Online doesn't take you very far. It's great for matchup xp and such but after that offline is the only way.

Ryce

I have a random question: has anyone ripped the stage select banner images yet? I'd like to use them for something, but I can't find them anywhere.

Flux casually beats down pros who he doesn't even recognize, yet he still seems to think he's not that great.

I don't know what his personal situation is and he told me that he doesn't live in an area where it would be easy for him to get into a tournament setting but I would love to see him do some damage at EVO next year or whenever.

He's so good, I want to strangle him with all this discouraging talk.

FluxWaveZ

Do you play offline or in tournaments ? Online doesn't take you very far. It's great for matchup xp and such but after that offline is the only way.

Like I said above, I started going to weeklies about a month ago, but I haven't played at many local events aside from those. I guess it's like Edzi said and the next step to improvement is at that venue.

Ha, and you're overestimating my skills, spazchicken. I have so much to improve and I mess up so much, still. Gotta fix everything.

Marvel

could never
I'm finally starting to get footsies, my shoto game is improving. Feels great when things click.

My thing was always gimmicky or low tier characters, fuck that now. Time to get serious and it's working.

tumblr_oagyexSkt31usrgjso1_540.gif

hahahahahahahaha

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210346710]Sako says Ibuki is low tier :-([/QUOTE]
He's not wrong. Her issues in neutral aren't really ok in a game this focused on neutral.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210346710]Sako says Ibuki is low tier :-([/QUOTE]

Pretty sure all of the DLC characters are. They'll all probably get buffs after CPT.

Flux should go to majors. He will know if he improved if he can defeat top players at the grandest of stages. Playing online and playing in tournament is two complete different feeling. I think out of all the people in neogaf he has the most legit chance to evolve from online warrior to legitimate contender.

Top Bottom