• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Coda

I had a feeling they'd not show a trailer because the story mode is out there, why would they need to show her again... still was hoping for one though. Hopefully we get one relatively soon so I can believe "by the end of the month".

We'll have our hands on her by the end of the month I think they said.

Skilletor

oyVuPXf.jpg

Got a commission from Alvin Lee, one of my favorite artists.

EVO was amazing. :)

Zackat

Heroes of the Storm got wayyyyy more shit on twitter than SFV did when it first aired on ESPN. So that's something. Whether that means more people watched or not I don't know.

kirblar

Ryan Harvey ‏@fubarduck 27m27 minutes ago

Fun fact: Fuudo was required to use the "Story 1" costume after his first match because the default was deemed too revealing by ESPN.
Bonita et al changes inc. for S2? Good.
No juky update announcement in evo?
Juri by the end of the month.

Zackat

Bonita et al changes inc. for S2? Good.

Juri by the end of the month.

there is a large segment of people who would lose their damn minds if that happened. But with SFV being on ESPN (I am gonna assume this isn't the last time) it makes a lot of sense. Cammy probably a little too revealing as well if Mika is. Garret had that mod for Laura that looked good.

Just get the same people that did Juri to do it if they feel the need to.

kirblar

there is a large segment of people who would lose their damn minds if that happened. But with SFV being on ESPN (I am gonna assume this isn't the last time) it makes a lot of sense. Cammy probably a little too revealing as well if Mika is. Garret had that mod for Laura that looked good.

Just get the same people that did Juri to do it if they feel the need to.
The S1 content is all super classy while still being super attractive. The DLC team did a great job. Was the Laura alt on youtube?

Zackat

The S1 content is all super classy while still being super attractive. The DLC team did a great job. Was the Laura alt on youtube?

I dunno if he ever fully finished it. But it basically just made it look like she was wearing something under her shirt for her main getup. sports bra/shirt or other. I'm sure he has some stuff somewhere. It was in one of the old OTs

Anyone want to run a late night set? East coast US here. CFN "Sixfortyfive."

Also: lol

Didn't know I was inviting a platinum Mika lol. Clearly outmatched, but GGs!
Brilliant use of the V reversal. I know I won that round, but I felt like I should have lost. You saw a chip super coming... and stopped it!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Didn't know I was inviting a platinum Mika lol. Clearly outmatched, but GGs!
Brilliant use of the V reversal. I know I won that round, but I felt like I should have lost. You saw a chip super coming... and stopped it!

ggs

I liked your usage of the DP. I thought you were being too reserved with it at first but then you made sure to pull it out a lot once it became clear I wasn't looking for it anymore.

FireSol

While EVO is hype, but it's too painful to watch it lol
I SOOOOOOO bad at this game, even on casual level (((((

btw, is neogaf running slow for everyone else or is it just me. been like this for a day now.

I had a problem at home, switched dns to google one and everything backs to normal.

Japan EVO was supposed to take place back in 2011 I think until the terrible tsunami disaster that hit Japan. It was cancelled after that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How is the tournament scene in Japan right now? What are the main events? I only really know of Topanga, which is small and invite-only, and the TGS tournament, which was a Mad Catz joint iirc.
It's kind of weird and sad how lacking it seems to be.

Atleast 3rd Strike has Cooperation Cup.

How is the tournament scene in Japan right now? What are the main events? I only really know of Topanga, which is small and invite-only, and the TGS tournament, which was a Mad Catz joint iirc.
It's kind of weird and sad how lacking it seems to be.

Atleast 3rd Strike has Cooperation Cup.

I think no arcade release really hurting this game in Japan. But all hope is not lost as new generation of players like Yukadon is coming up.

MrCarter

210-215k

ESPN included it was probably a lot though.

Nice! Those sort of numbers after a few moths of release is great. My only hope is that top 8 is on earlier next year because the whole of Europe are snoring by that point - this would also increase more viewership.

Scotia

Banned
Heard about the Juri news. Personally 'meh' on the character so I'm not that hyped. Three characters this month is pretty good though (as long as Juri doesn't get delayed), but the most important thing out of all this is that Urien should hopefully be coming out next month.

Zackat

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=17096639

The feels this video gave me are unreal. THIS is what playing fighting games are really about. Having FUN. People forget this when they start dick waving.

Also fuck that patronising prick of a presenter telling him "You're 63 years old, how did you get into this?!" - Fucking douche.

He asked him that question in that precise manner on purpose. So that he could answer in a cool way. And it was cool, right? Come on lol. Calling him a douche when he is doing his job to get an interesting angle.

ESPN is trying to slowly ease their audience into accepting esports as a thing. This is the way you do it.

And Bill Walton is a national treasure.

MrCarter

He asked him that question in that precise manner on purpose. So that he could answer in a cool way. And it was cool, right? Come on lol. Calling him a douche when he is doing his job to get an interesting angle.

ESPN is trying to slowly ease their audience into accepting esports as a thing. This is the way you do it.

And Bill Walton is a national treasure.

I know but I found that bit a bit patronising. It's like you have to be a certain age to get into e-sports? You could also tell Bill didn't like him saying that but just shrugged it off and carried on like a professional.

Zackat

Yep just like Rick Fox he sees where the money is going and wants to get out in front of it. ESPN also isn't naive, it's just their current demographic isn't much into it. Their future opportunities are going to be with soccer and esports because those things are very popular with the younger demographic.

Kind of off-topic:

What's interesting is how FIFA the video game is making European soccer so popular here in the US with younger people, but our own brand of soccer is pretty derided. Maybe one day the MLS will start spending some money to attract the audience that is there, but who knows.

Btw. any tricks to improve Barttle Lounge search? I tried searching for some good lobbies yesterday, but it is just so slow or unresponsive. Loading for flags or connection status takes for ever. It is unreal how bad Capcom is at this.

Top Bottom