• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

KingBroly

Banned
Yep just like Rick Fox he sees where the money is going and wants to get out in front of it. ESPN also isn't naive, it's just their current demographic isn't much into it. Their future opportunities are going to be with soccer and esports because those things are very popular with the younger demographic.

Kind of off-topic:

What's interesting is how FIFA the video game is making European soccer so popular here in the US with younger people, but our own brand of soccer is pretty derided. Maybe one day the MLS will start spending some money to attract the audience that is there, but who knows.

Isn't most of MLS owned by 1 guy? And there are GM's that oversee multiple teams? That seems like more of a problem than anything to me.

Zackat

Isn't most of MLS owned by 1 guy? And there are GM's that oversee multiple teams? That seems like more of a problem than anything to me.

used to be. Now it has several owners with separate GM's. It is just a single entity business structure. So MLS will bid for players instead of single teams bidding for players (at least as far as I understand it) then they will go to their predetermined team that is chosen in some mythical ritual (probably wherever TV ratings will get a boost).

heringer

Guys, is there any place with tips on how to improve? I really enjoy playing the game, but man, I'm so terrible at it. I get my ass kicked again and again. I was never very good at fighting games.

molnizzle

Servers down?

Guys, is there any place with tips on how to improve? I really enjoy playing the game, but man, I'm so terrible at it. I get my ass kicked again and again. I was never very good at fighting games.

Gootecks' ebook "Fighting Game Fundamentals" is a good place to start. I'm still bad but at least now I know why. lol

Direct link to the fix..
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/9PI9K7lf/file.html

install line..
C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download
override the dlc manifest, also make a back up...

if you don't know how to get to appdata, you need to have all folders not hidden, or a simple work around, and it really doesn't matter where you do this, can go to Computer or my documents, but in the address line, you want to write %appdata% then enter, it will bring up the hidden folders, and in the address line click appdata and follow the rest from of instructions from the top..

DNAbro

I just recently got the game and is there a reason matchmaking is so slow? Like 7-10 minutes between fights is ridiculous.

Zackat

I just recently got the game and is there a reason matchmaking is so slow? Like 7-10 minutes between fights is ridiculous.

where do you live?

Direct link to the fix..
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/9PI9K7lf/file.html

install line..
C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download
override the dlc manifest, also make a back up...

if you don't know how to get to appdata, you need to have all folders not hidden, or a simple work around, and it really doesn't matter where you do this, can go to Computer or my documents, but in the address line, you want to write %appdata% then enter, it will bring up the hidden folders, and in the address line click appdata and follow the rest from of instructions from the top..

What is this doing exactly? Just modding the colors in or unlocking them or what?

where do you live?

What is this doing exactly? Just modding the colors in or unlocking them or what?

If you had colors mods install before, the 1.6 update broke them all, this fix makes your color mods work again, and people are starting to figure out how to apply the command line from this fix into other mods and bring them back to life...

this is the fix...

{
"major_version": "1",
"minor_version": "6",
"is_big_patch": "false",
"files": [
]
}

and modders are applying this line to some mods and they are working again..

Though that fitness chun.....
MQLnBEP.jpg

I really should build a PC...

so does that mean for things like your costumes? or just color swaps?

I never downloaded any mods lol. Though that fitness chun.....
I think it allows people to re-mod the colours for costume 01, so yeah, stuff like Harley Mika would work again if the user does that fix.

uurrrgh

Can someone answer a quick question about the season pass?

Is it a total waste of money if I only want Ibuki and Juri? Are the season pass premium costumes out? Can you buy them separately for real money? Would it be better if I just buy Juri and Ibuki and the stage for fight money and pay $8 for the costumes (if that is possible?) Thanks.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Is it a total waste of money if I only want Ibuki and Juri? Are the season pass premium costumes out? Can you buy them separately for real money? Would it be better if I just buy Juri and Ibuki and the stage for fight money and pay $8 for the costumes (if that is possible?) Thanks.

Yea you can do that and save yourself $22.

BlizzKrut

Banned

If that's all you want (Ibuki + Juri + their premium costumes), you're better off spending FM for the two characters and the stage and spending the $8 on their premium costumes.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

You can easily get two characters and a stage (except the new CPT one) from the Fight Money you earn in the game. So yeah, that would probably be the cheapest option.

You can easily get two characters and a stage (except the new CPT one) from the Fight Money you earn in the game. So yeah, that would probably be the cheapest option.
Yeah unfortunately I want the stage and the Cammy costume from the CPT DLC, so I am buying that.

2 characters? it's waste of money for season pass, all 16 characters individual story modes are easy and short, 2 or 3 fights/ characters, will bring you to 160k FM, run the DLC story mode and get 30k FM for normal, extra difficulty will net you another 50k, if you don't want to do that, just run easy survival mode, 10 matches/character and they are very easy to complete...

Yea you can do that and save yourself $22.

If that's all you want (Ibuki + Juri + their premium costumes), you're better off spending FM for the two characters and the stage and spending the $8 on their premium costumes.

Also thanks everyone for the quick replies.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Some resources for anyone else like me trying to learn the game.

A lot of it is from the streetfighter subreddit

53 Moves You Should Be Punishing

SFV Frame Data

Gief's Gym (training mode routine)

SFV 101 w/Gootecks

Gooteck's book on fighting game fundamentals for SFV

SFV Guidebook (super basic)

Bafael's youtube, makes fairly long and detailed videos on each character

Hand & Wrist exercises for gamers

Maximilian Dood's Youtube, makes entertaining videos

If posts like these are considered redundant or unnecessary I'll refrain in the future. Otherwise, I'd like to continue sharing what I find.

Some resources for anyone else like me trying to learn the game.

A lot of it is from the streetfighter subreddit

53 Moves You Should Be Punishing

SFV Frame Data

Gief's Gym (training mode routine)

SFV 101 w/Gootecks

Gooteck's book on fighting game fundamentals for SFV

SFV Guidebook (super basic)

Bafael's youtube, makes fairly long and detailed videos on each character

Hand & Wrist exercises for gamers

Maximilian Dood's Youtube, makes entertaining videos

If posts like these are considered redundant or unnecessary I'll refrain in the future. Otherwise, I'd like to continue sharing what I find.

I shall check some of this later.

Man...what an Evo...

I just want to point that in that 3 seconds...so many things happened: -
SmoggyWellinformedBighorn-size_restricted.gif

(taken from here)

1. Fuudo used VT, predicting Infiltration will use VT to escape the corner, and jumped back to meet the teleport (using j.lk so the hitbox will touch Nash as the teleport ends. Other buttons won't have the right hitbox to hit Nash)
2. Infiltration predicted the right way to block both Mika and Nadeshiko
3. Fuudo does st.lp into an ex command throw
4. Infiltration blocked the st.lp and jumped back in anticipation of the grab.

I can't begin to imagine their thought process or muscle memory involved...possibly both.

Man...what an Evo...

I just want to point that in that 3 seconds...so many things happened: -

1. Fuudo used VT, predicting Infiltration will use VT to escape the corner, and jumped back to meet the teleport (using j.lk so the hitbox will touch Nash as the teleport ends. Other buttons won't have the right hitbox to hit Nash)
2. Infiltration predicted the right way to block both Mika and Nadeshiko
3. Fuudo does st.lp into an ex command throw
4. Infiltration blocked the st.lp and jumped back in anticipation of the grab.

I can't begin to imagine their thought process or muscle memory involved...possibly both.

The mental gymnastics that you have to go through at all times during high pressure matches is astounding. My jaw dropped when I saw this moment live as it truly shows the best of SF.

hahahahah i just pissed my friend off, he's playing Sim i went back to Vega, Alex not for me, I jumped in and he CA, I used Vega's air trigger and his DBZ spirit bomb went through me lol, he's salty..

Skilletor

Another EVO down. The past few years, with SF4 ( a game I didn't enjoy much), I was never excited to try and get better. I always liked watching high level play, but I never really wanted to improve at that game. This year has me excited to continue improving in SF5.

KoF14 looks a lot better in person, but the gameplay is phenomenal. I am way more excited about that than I thought I would be. Raven was my main in Tekken, so I'm happy to see Master Raven if if it's lame that they literally just reskinned Raven.

Venue was super crowded, and LVH was still pretty far away. I walked an average of 12 miles each day going back and forth from my room to the venue. My feets is aching. Can't speak to any drama. Seemed like there were a lot of byes in the SF5 pools. Being in that stadium with the crowd. Man, I've been playing fighting games since I was old enough to reach the buttons at an arcade cabinet, and seeing this scene grow and evolve has been so cool. The reason I like going to EVO is finals day, and this one had the best atmosphere ever. Really wish a Karin would have made top 8 just to hear the OHOHOHOHOs from the crowd.

Got to meet one of my favorite artists, bought a bunch of t-shirts, buttons, and balltops. My wife got one of those "exclusive" TE2+ sticks which were super overpriced...but it was our first anniversary, so I couldn't say no. Still...so overpriced.

I'm an average player that just has fun playing these games and being a part of the scene. I'm never going to win a major. My goal at EVO is always to get out of pools. So far I've only done that once, in SC5. But it's still worth coming. I grew up with fighting games, made friends through fighting games, and it's really cool to see what it's become.

We always stay an extra day in vegas so the wife and I can do some "vegas" stuff. Going to see the Jabbawokeez tonight, I think. She's sleep and I'm downloading the update for SF5 on my laptop so I can get some practice in. Yay for silent buttons. :p

OH, and fuck yes to Garou on PS4. :)

How do i pick difficulties for general story?

End it once. Then pick it again, only this time you'll have to option between "Normal" and "Extra".
Another EVO down. The past few years, with SF4 ( a game I didn't enjoy much), I was never excited to try and get better. I always liked watching high level play, but I never really wanted to improve at that game. This year has me excited to continue improving in SF5.

KoF14 looks a lot better in person, but the gameplay is phenomenal. I am way more excited about that than I thought I would be. Raven was my main in Tekken, so I'm happy to see Master Raven if if it's lame that they literally just reskinned Raven.

Venue was super crowded, and LVH was still pretty far away. I walked an average of 12 miles each day going back and forth from my room to the venue. My feets is aching. Can't speak to any drama. Seemed like there were a lot of byes in the SF5 pools. Being in that stadium with the crowd. Man, I've been playing fighting games since I was old enough to reach the buttons at an arcade cabinet, and seeing this scene grow and evolve has been so cool. The reason I like going to EVO is finals day, and this one had the best atmosphere ever. Really wish a Karin would have made top 8 just to hear the OHOHOHOHOs from the crowd.

Got to meet one of my favorite artists, bought a bunch of t-shirts, buttons, and balltops. My wife got one of those "exclusive" TE2+ sticks which were super overpriced...but it was our first anniversary, so I couldn't say no. Still...so overpriced.

I'm an average player that just has fun playing these games and being a part of the scene. I'm never going to win a major. My goal at EVO is always to get out of pools. So far I've only done that once, in SC5. But it's still worth coming. I grew up with fighting games, made friends through fighting games, and it's really cool to see what it's become.

We always stay an extra day in vegas so the wife and I can do some "vegas" stuff. Going to see the Jabbawokeez tonight, I think. She's sleep and I'm downloading the update for SF5 on my laptop so I can get some practice in. Yay for silent buttons. :p

OH, and fuck yes to Garou on PS4. :)
Glad to hear you and the missus had a great trip. I really wish I could join you at EVO one day!

Armaly

Evo was a ton of fun. It was great meeting you guys.

My only goal was to win at least one match but I surprised myself and ended up going 2-2. The headphones really helped me concentrate. Might pick up a pair to bring to my locals. Any recommendations? I guess I need to use the optical out ps4 to some headphones.

Edzi

Evo has really revitalized my interest in improving in SFV and possibly trying to go down to Vegas myself next year. I got my stick modded up this weekend too, so maybe it's time I start driving down to locals more often.

I didn't see chun's and mika's summer gear in the shop at the same time as the cpt stuff, but it's there now

While it's 3 dollars for Elphelt's old costume, you can also get it through the in-game currency as well.

Wrong thread?

edit: SkeezusKhrist, ragequit on me in casuals some more, that will show me!

Top Bottom