• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I wish they would release a bundle of all the costumes. I don't want to break the bank buying all the premium costumes :(

Would also love if purchases like that transferred between PC and PS4.

Sillution

So I finally had a second to play, haven't had played in over a month due to lack of time and both new stages are locked behind fight points even though I have the season pass?

Edzi

So I finally had a second to play, haven't had played in over a month due to lack of time and both new stages are locked behind fight points even though I have the season pass?

Season pass doesn't get you the new stages, only the DLC characters + their battle costumes + Guile's stage.

Read the season pass description? It's not hard.

Capcom really shouldn't have called it a "Season Pass"... the implications of the name versus what it actually gives you are few and far between.

It's basically the "give us real money for the DLC characters and we'll throw in their premium for free; think of all the fight money you'll have for other stuff since we haven't really given people a good way of earning/grinding that yet!" pass. ;)

I dont think I have ever had a harder time in a fighting game than this fight right here in hard mode:
maxresdefault.jpg

Santamu on hard is easily the most busted character in the entire game, its not even funny. She can combo off of projectiles, has crazy fast reflexes, and her EX spear spin hits high and low, while vortexing you in. I played at least 20 matches against her before succeeding. The FM struggle is real.

MrDaravon

Yoooooooo why didn't anyone tell me Chun's color 14 made her a blonde????

#gamechanger

I wish it unlocked this color for all of her outfits though :(

Capcom really shouldn't have called it a "Season Pass"... the implications of the name versus what it actually gives you are few and far between.

It's basically the "give us real money for the DLC characters and we'll throw in their premium for free; think of all the fight money you'll have for other stuff since we haven't really given people a good way of earning/grinding that yet!" pass. ;)

It really doesn't matter what they call it, read before you buy is pretty simple, it's also not the first season pass that doesn't contain everything.
I mean if I didn't read the Doom season pass description, I would've been stuck with a bunch of multiplayer content I don't care about.

I dont think I have ever had a harder time in a fighting game than this fight right here in hard mode:
Santamu on hard is easily the most busted character in the entire game, its not even funny. She can combo off of projectiles, has crazy fast reflexes, and her EX spear spin hits high and low, while vortexing you in. I played at least 20 matches against her before succeeding. The FM struggle is real.

She was pretty easy imo, there are much harder fights later on.

SMK

maxresdefault.jpg

Nah

Zerojul

SFV's is the first season pass I have ever bought and I took the time to read what it actually includes. No surprises whatsoever on what was included and what I had to buy on the side.
As a rule of thumb, people should read the description of an item when they buy something. And decide if it's worth it or a total scam based on facts and not on an interpretation.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last Dictator fight with Nash on hard was the real nightmare for me.

SFV's is the first season pass I have ever bought and I took the time to read what it actually includes. No surprises whatsoever on what was included and what I had to buy on the side.
As a rule of thumb, people should read the description of an item when they buy something. And decide if it's worth it or a total scam based on facts and not on an interpretation.

But it says "Season Pass" in the name and so I bought it because it has everything..... right?

EDIT: You're telling me it doesn't? Fucking thieving Capcom bastards.

Is jumping backwards in the corner (if you don't have a wall jump) a scrub tactic? I've seen it a few times and can punish it rather easily. Not sure why players do it.
Well, it kinda depends. A backwards jump if you're predicting a command grab can lead to big damage so it's not that bad.

If you're doing it against a character with no command grab and you also don't have a wall-jump? Either a messed up neutral jump input or you a scrub.

So Juri is out this month, that means they're ahead of schedule. The original road map had dlc character 5 in August, 6 in September. Wonder if Urien is next month and September we get Decapre?

So Juri is out this month, that means they're ahead of schedule. The original road map had dlc character 5 in August, 6 in September. Wonder if Urien is next month and September we get Decapre?

Please stop doing this to yourselves people. They're not gonna add surprise characters if for no other reason because they value the CPT way too highly to drop these surprise character bombs on people. They're also Capcpom and we shouldn't expect good stuff from them.

mbpm1

Well, it kinda depends. A backwards jump if you're predicting a command grab can lead to big damage so it's not that bad.

If you're doing it against a character with no command grab and you also don't have a wall-jump? Either a messed up neutral jump input or you a scrub.

If you expect a forward moving attack/poke with long recovery it's not a bad idea.

MrDaravon

To get a look at all the colours for all the characters and costumes, check this link.

Awesome, thanks! Was looking for something like this when some of the DLC outfits dropped and couldn't find it, it's great someone is keeping all of these in one place and updated.

Still super bad at the game after coming back but I finally got Chun's last Trial done to get that unlock, and I'm starting to finally get IA legs down. Still struggling a bit with her cr.LP st.MP cr.MK into light SBK, but working on it. Choking bad on execution and punishes is my #1 problem online right now so want to try to polish that a bit before getting back online and trying to get out of Bronze lol.

Neoxon

I mean, Decapre could be a relatively quick way to get another character out the door.

Please stop doing this to yourselves people. They're not gonna add surprise characters if for no other reason because they value the CPT way too highly to drop these surprise character bombs on people. They're also Capcpom and we shouldn't expect good stuff from them.

She's not really a "surprise" character though, her moveset is pretty much complete aside from a CA and Vstuff.
Spent a lot of time with her in training mode and she feels like she's ready to go with a few tweaks.

KingBroly

Banned

No. Keep in mind that they're behind on a lot of things besides characters right now.

She's not really a "surprise" character though, her moveset is pretty much complete aside from a CA and Vstuff.
Spent a lot of time with her in training mode and she feels like she's ready to go with a few tweaks.

She is a surprise character in the sense that they haven't announced any characters other than the original 6 for this year. It makes no business sense to charge people for 6 characters then suddenly drop a new character that they have to pay separately for.

She might have a semi-complete moveset but that doesn't mean she's ready for release or that that might even be her moveset when she finally does get released which I think will be next year at the earliest.

I really don't think we're getting any new characters this year aside from Juri and Urien. Any more will come next year. We might get cosmetic crap like a lot of stages,costumes and the like but no new characters.

No. Keep in mind that they're behind on a lot of things besides characters right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom Japan was shrinking the team or their budget after the initial response. They tend to do the bulk of the work on DLC characters ahead of release so getting those out probably isn't too crazy.

LakeEarth

maxresdefault.jpg

I do remember finding this one pretty annoying.

The hardest one for me was the Cammy / Decapre fight. Decapre's EX uppercut move has an insane amount of invulnerable frames and would beat everything.

Skilletor

Trying to play SF5 on my surface book and 16:9 resolutions don't letterbox...it stretches to fit the screen. Is there something I have to edit in an .ini file or something?

It really doesn't matter what they call it, read before you buy is pretty simple, it's also not the first season pass that doesn't contain everything.
I mean if I didn't read the Doom season pass description, I would've been stuck with a bunch of multiplayer content I don't care about.

I'm not debating that people should be aware of what they're buying and do their own research.

All I'm saying is that at least with the DOOM season pass, it'd be true to the general definition of "season pass", and you'd get all DLC for the current "season" regardless of if it's multiplayer only or not.

I don't remember, but for some reason I want to say when the game first came out and capcom's DLC plans weren't exactly crystal clear, there was confusion for awhile about whether or not the premium costumes for the initial 16 characters would be included. At some point, capcom clarified, but then they threw in the Guile stage as a "thank you" for the SP holders after the zenny store was delayed. So now it adds to the confusion people have about it because only some of the battle outfits are included (the 6 for the DLC characters) and only 1 stage is included (Guile).

One way or the other, capcom is certainly running an interesting experiment with how to handle DLC here.

KingBroly

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210447384]I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom Japan was shrinking the team or their budget after the initial response. They tend to do the bulk of the work on DLC characters ahead of release so getting those out probably isn't too crazy.[/QUOTE]

I think the DLC prices are an indication of that, honestly.

If they didn't announce FM costs for characters before the game hit, I'm confident they'd be more than 100k a piece.

molnizzle

Trying to play SF5 on my surface book and 16:9 resolutions don't letterbox...it stretches to fit the screen. Is there something I have to edit in an .ini file or something?

hm, this is something I would normally set in Nvidia control panel. Not sure what the integrated GPU solution would be.

She is a surprise character in the sense that they haven't announced any characters other than the original 6 for this year. It makes no business sense to charge people for 6 characters then suddenly drop a new character that they have to pay separately for.

She might have a semi-complete moveset but that doesn't mean she's ready for release or that that might even be her moveset when she finally does get released which I think will be next year at the earliest.

I really don't think we're getting any new characters this year aside from Juri and Urien. Any more will come next year. We might get cosmetic crap like a lot of stages,costumes and the like but no new characters.

Nah there are way too many unique things about her moveset that would make it illogical for it not to be how she's going to play. If it wasn't they could've just given her the same treatment as the other dolls and also not remix her themesong.

Also there are multiple ways it could play out that all make business sense.
Release her for free, gain goodwill.
Release her at a reduced price, this is a clever way to drain some FM from grinders before S2.
Add her to the season pass, status quo. (this seems most unlikely because of premium costume work/price)

I'm not debating that people should be aware of what they're buying and do their own research.

All I'm saying is that at least with the DOOM season pass, it'd be true to the general definition of "season pass", and you'd get all DLC for the current "season" regardless of if it's multiplayer only or not.

You're getting the first season of characters, which is how it was announced.

Scotia

Banned
Don't know if posted but Capcom released their SDCC schedule etc. and are saying that there will be a SFV panel at SDCC.

Street Fighter Nation Panel
Thursday, July 21st, 11:45AM to 12:45PM, Room 6BCF
Get an exclusive look at the latest news and updates about Street Fighter V. Expect sneak peeks at all the licensed goods and collectibles being developed, updates on the Capcom Pro Tour, and a few surprises as well!

http://bit.ly/2a6m2MV

Top Bottom