• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Mizerman

While I did appreciate the value of the AE & USFIV upgrades from a character standpoint, my biggest gripe with them was that they locked the new gameplay updates behind said DLC upgrades. If any good came out of Capcom moving away from new editions, that would be it.

Yup. One of the main reasons why I gave up on SF4.

CD'S BAR

I got the game + season pass for 67.99 in an august flash sale, so I feel I got my money's worth for sure.

Wouldn't have paid $30 for it personally, though. Probably would have just bought Balrog and Urien separately in that case.

Pompadour

While I did appreciate the value of the AE & USFIV upgrades from a character standpoint, my biggest gripe with them was that they locked the new gameplay updates behind said DLC upgrades. If any good came out of Capcom moving away from new editions, the lack of balance updates being locked behind paid DLC updates would be it.

If this is the price of not locking out the portion of the playerbase that doesn't want to pay for an update then that's fine by me. Fighting games don't have massive player bases so if I have to pay more for alternate costumes (which I rarely buy) then that's a small sacrifice.

If you asked me two years ago what I envisioned SFV's business model to be like, I'd describe that my ideal model would be very similar to what we got. The big differences, of course, is the costumes wouldn't be that expensive (or at least earnable with FM) and the execution wouldn't have been so abysmal.

I think after playing SF4 for 7 years I only really invested time into 4-5 characters and 90% of my time was spent playing Dudley anyway. The idea that I can just earn enough to buy the one character I want to play as is appealing to me.

Neoxon

I got the game + season pass for 67.99 in an august flash sale, so I feel I got my money's worth for sure.

Wouldn't have paid $30 for it personally, though. Probably would have just bought Balrog and Urien separately in that case.
I probably would have only bought Urien, Alex, & Ibuki with FM if I didn't have to manage my SFV community.

Zackat

|0T6|We Hate Mika.

w6yRN.gif

Gief players are getting real good

I always underestimate the range of his SPD. The light one grabs from sooo far.

Sheeeesh this game, just had back to back Disconnects and don't know if it was my fault or the player, scared to back in and play and possibly get banned when i never rage quit, guess i can copy KoF13 over from my Laptop and go online with that, haven't played in 8 months gonna get wrecked lol..

Mr. X

I'll pay $30 for 6 characters since I don't need to drop $40 every couple years to stay most current version of the game that might get changed for the worse.

CD'S BAR

I only used FM for all the characters; I've only paid so far for both of Mika's premium costumes.

Only real $$ I've spent on dlc is for Mika's swimsuit.

Damn time flies playing casual matches. Been using Birdie. Getting a KO with that stupid can is so satisfying.

Neoxon

Bought With Fight Money
  • All of the stages (Ring of Destiny aside)
  • Around half of the Story costumes
  • A few of the additional colors

Bought With Real Money
  • 2016 Season Pass
  • Capcom Pro Tour 2016 Pack
  • Karin's Swimsuit costume

FM:
Stages, titles, profiles
€:
SP, cammy/mika battle, ring of destiny

I'll prolly pick up chun's cpt before it gets removed and vega/necalli/juri/cammy halloween costumes.
I probably won't buy characters with FM, I'll just continue buying SP's

Dahbomb

I got all but one character and I have a Cammy theme background (green one) and the Air Force Base stage.

Everything with fight money, no real money spent.

I'm sure you don't own Driveclub and its season pass.

The AE and USFIV DLCs were much better value. So were the SFIV series costumes.

SFV feels like a massive rip off to be honest.

NOPE, SF4 was the best bang for your buck fighting game ever, but SFV most of the shit is very expensive when compared to their SF4 pricing model..Just the Ultra DLC upgrade was $15 for 4 characters, i remember the shoto dlc costume pack costing $3.99 for 4 costume, now it's $3.99 for 1....

So it's more that the initial price of the DLC that's revolved around the season pass is too much?

To me, that's a whole other discussion. I'm talking in terms of being clear on what the season pass actually holds, which a lot of season passes these days kind of avoid doing. At least SFV told everyone what's gonna be on the season pass (all the characters), and even gave more, for an even lower price than the initial value.

Most season passes are either 1.) Unclear on what the season pass holds. and 2.) are likely the same price as if you just bought them individually anyway. SFV's is neither, which is important.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Feels really good to beat Nash players. For some reason this dumb dash-dash-fireball-dash-throw-dash-scythe playstyle pisses me off. Love to beat the V-Trigger clean, too.

Skab

GGs Skabs, your Bison is pretty good. That fakeout EX stomp into crossover is dirty.

GGs! Your...everything is pretty good.

I'm just coming back from what was basically my post-evo fighting game break. Not only am I super rusty, but I still have no idea how to deal with button pressure as Bison, outside of just v-reversal. Seems like everything I try just gets beat clean.

I'm sure part of it is just me messing up timings, though.

Also Urien's EX-Headbutt is scary good D:

Producer

Feels really good to beat Nash players. For some reason this dumb dash-dash-fireball-dash-throw-dash-scythe playstyle pisses me off. Love to beat the V-Trigger clean, too.

It feels good to hit them with a meaty when they wakeup vtrigger

Revenge always feels so so satisfying.

Last week I got matched up against a Bison in the game that would've taken me to Gold had I finished it, but he ragequit at the last minute and denied me my sweet reward. Just now fought and decimated that same guy as Urien (I was Mika when we first fought) and I was cackling like a maniac the whole time.

Top Bottom