• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

SmokeMaxX

Birdie/Cammy is probably even. I actually think it's Cammy's advantage but considering every Cammy in the universe thinks it's Birdie's advantage, it probably lies in the middle.

Zekes!

who knew being able to remove Laura's basketball jersey, leaving her just in her swimsuit, would breathe new life into the game for me

I need to reevaluate myself as a person...

Skilletor

but bigger trash like Sagat and Akuma are 1-2, lol i rather play El Fuerte anyday over easy mode shit characters like Sagat or Akuma..

I'm glad you're in a very small minority. Fuerte is just a shitty Ramon. He's a shit KoF character made even shittier with SF4 gameplay.

FluxWaveZ

GGs. I noticed you almost exclusively opened me up with throws/dash in throws, so I really need to work on that.

GGs! Still learning that patience is key to everything, especially against Necalli. I constantly get crush countered if I just press buttons all over the place for no reason against him and Bison.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This reminds me...is no one else bothered by how crappy the US flag looks in the game? I'm not even American and it bothers me

Farewell

Cody on 8th place

giphy.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
but bigger trash like Sagat and Akuma are 1-2, lol i rather play El Fuerte anyday over easy mode shit characters like Sagat or Akuma..

Sagat and Akuma are SF royalty. El Fuerte is nothing but trash. Sagat is going to look incredible in this engine as well. Cannot wait. Would be cool if they gave him his old school svelte Muy Thai look, but will probably be Alpha style.

Whales

Banned
Sagat gon be added and his tiger shot gon be nerfed as hell. Tiger Knee the v-skill. All his normals stubby as shit. turrible walk speed.

tiger knee -4 on block
only his EX dp is invicible on wakeup
fireballs are worse than ken
V-Trigger is a one time use of angry scar

Shadoken

The rankings shift thanks to the current cast makeup of SFV, the rumor mill, the prominence of certain characters/families in story mode and background appearances/cameos. A bunch of characters like Necro, Ingrid, Sean, Sodom, Makoto, C.Viper and Maki all made large jumps thanks to some of those factors. That said, if Japan were putting in their votes as well I bet the makeup of the top twenty would be even more surprising. Maki and Ingrid would probably be in the top ten along with Makoto, C.Viper and Sakura.

Not entirely true.. rankings shift is also because it is not including the rest of the cast. There is a big difference when you are asked to pick your fav 5 characters of All the cast and picking your top 5 once your mains are already in the game.
Check out the poll before Season 1 and some Original cast characters were added.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014...layable-street-fighter-5-cast-your-votes-now/

Notice how Ingrid is higher than Cody,Sakura and Maki is actually higher than characters like Rose,Viper. So I wouldnt say they have risen in popularity , rather the Ehubs community has a dedicated fanbase for them. The Vote numbers for Ingrid seem roughly the same.

Skilletor

There's one in the post right above you.

That post says Sagat is different from other shotos, which is true. He doesn't play in the slightest like Ryu or Ken. I don't even know why people call him a shoto.

It's been decades since the shotos have played alike, and sf5 has separated them even further, so even if we get Akuma or Sagat, there's no telling what they would do with their style.

Not to mention how different they play between games. Sf3 Akuma isn't sf4 Akuma isn't alpha series Akuma. Same with Sagat.

Projectile characters are destined to suck. So many anti-projectile moves and characters.

A guile just got like...top 10 in one of the most stacked tourneys yet. Ryu seems to do alright with his fireballs, etc.

mbpm1

Ryu and Ken don't use shotokan lmao. It's some martial art with the purpose of killing an opponent, which was refined by gouken to remove the killing aspect of it.

Lol I'm just messing with you bc I have seen this argument before to argue "shoto/not shoto".

Skilletor

Ken doesn't play like ryu either, nor do sakura or dan; sagat is a shoto.

So if they don't play alike, what's the point in calling them shotos? And if they don't play alike...why does it matter that people want unique and popular characters added to the latest street fighter?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Urien might profit the most from Crush Counters. It's such an easy combo, does huge damage, that normal (st.hp?) had big range and it's a great corner carry.

Lol I'm just messing with you bc I have seen this argument before to argue "shoto/not shoto".

*shakes fist*

So if they don't play alike, what's the point in calling them shotos? And if they don't play alike...why does it matter that people want unique and popular characters added to the latest street fighter?

Shoto is just any character with an (invincible) srk, a fireball, and some sort of kick move.

Skilletor

Shoto is just any character with an (invincible) srk, a fireball, and some sort of kick move.

Yes, I'm aware, and since this doesn't take into account that none of them play alike, The distinction is pointless.

By this logic Sean isn't a shoto since doesn't really have a fireball. Gouken didn't have an invincible srk, Sakura didn't either except with ex...but pretty sure she didn't in any other game.

Yes, I'm aware, and since this doesn't take into account that none of them play alike, The distinction is pointless.

By this logic Sean isn't a shoto since doesn't really have a fireball. Gouken didn't have an invincible srk, Sakura didn't either except with ex...but pretty sure she didn't in any other game.

Sean had a fireball, it was just his super, gouken isn't in the list because his srk goes forward and his tatsu goes straight up, literally the opposite of shoto moves.

Top Bottom