• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

lmmaooooo Sanford getting into e-fights over SFV.

While he stays complaining about not being able to react, Japan stays winning more and more tournaments.

Skilletor

Sure, he might've "refined" it (he didn't create it), but he wasn't the character(s) the term was based on, since he didn't exist yet.

You're right. He didn't create it. He taught the style to the original shotos in the game, but even though he uses the same style and similar moves, isn't a shoto himself. But wait...what about his ultra? Does that make him a shoto? Surely of seans super fireball makes him a shoto, that's for to count! Is oro a shoto? He's got a fireball, an upper, and a kick move. What about poison?

What a stupid and pointless distinction people use to define people with fireballs and uppercuts. But not fireballs as a normal move! And only uppers with invincibility...sometimes. And don't forget the kick move that functions differently for everybody.

You're right. He didn't create it. He taught the style to the original shotos in the game, but even though he uses the same style and similar moves, isn't a shoto himself.

What a stupid and pointless distinction people use to define people with fireballs and uppercuts. But not fireballs as a normal move! And only uppers with invincibility...sometimes. And don't forget the kick move that functions differently for everybody.

It doesn't really matter what he taught them if he doesn't use what he taught them himself, since the term is based on what they use.

Skilletor

It doesn't really matter what he taught them if he doesn't use what he taught them himself, since the term is based on what they use.

He has an upper as a super, going by your logic with Sean, he's a shoto.

Lol. Edzi, you still playing? I can play my shit juri vs. Ken? Oh shit...juri is a shoto! Fireballs, invincible upper, kick move!

Skab

I'm fucking losing my mind over this game.

Someone please explain to my stupid ass what youre supposed to do against people who just sit there and hit buttons on you that you cant punish? As soon as anyone gets in on me the round may as well be over. It's incredibly fucking frustrating and I cant seem to figure it out and it makes me not even want to play anymore.

JayEH

Yeah, but when's Goutetsu?

is he shoto?

Someone please explain to my stupid ass what youre supposed to do against people who just sit there and hit buttons on you that you cant punish? As soon as anyone gets in on me the round may as well be over. It's incredibly fucking frustrating and I cant seem to figure it out and it makes me not even want to play anymore.

V reversal/ going to training mode and see what can be done. They can't keep pressing buttons forever.

Edzi

He has an upper as a super, going by your logic with Sean, he's a shoto.

Lol. Edzi, you still playing? I can play my shit juri vs. Ken? Oh shit...juri is a shoto! Fireballs, invincible upper, kick move!

Sure, let's go. Invite me EdziPC

As far as I understand it, you either wait for them to screw up and throw out an unsafe button, or until the pushback form their onslaught gives you room to make a move. What I can't deal with is safe buttons with throws sprinkled in. -_-

is he shoto?

Shoto or not.

sfv-goutetsu.jpg

Steroyd

Who do you play as and who are you playing against?

For example I'm having trouble against Urien as they can somehow throw me after whiffing their goddamn shoulder tackle even though I press jab, tried it in the lab and turns out I'm reacting after their recovery frames not during.

Also when buttons are pushed, they push themselves out of range and have to reapply themselves that's when you can throw a long range normal to stuff them or get ready for them to jump in.

Skab

V reversal/ going to training mode and see what can be done. They can't keep pressing buttons forever.

V=Reversal is what I usually do, but as soon as they get in on you again (and with bisons walk speed that's not hard to do. it just starts all over, and once your out of v meter, then what? Bleh.

Sure, let's go. Invite me EdziPC

As far as I understand it, you either wait for them to screw up and throw out an unsafe button, or until the pushback form their onslaught gives you room to make a move. What I can't deal with is safe buttons with throws sprinkled in. -_-

I just faced off with a Ryu who was just doing mp > mp > hp > jump mk for the cross up > mp > mp > hp > jump mk etc etc etc

I could literally do nothing about it as bison. I threw away an entire round just trying to figure out what I could do to disrupt it, and EVERYTHING got stuffed. It was infuriating.

If you guys are playing though, toss me an invite. Skab__

Yeah it gets frustrating fighting a good Laura player and they're just doing light attacks and I can't respond. I just block and hope I get an opportunity to respond back at some point.

JayEH

V=Reversal is what I usually do, but as soon as they get in on you again (and with bisons walk speed that's not hard to do. it just starts all over, and once your out of v meter, then what? Bleh.

I just faced off with a Ryu who was just doing mp > mp > hp > jump mk for the cross up > mp > mp > hp > jump mk etc etc etc

I could literally do nothing about it as bison. I threw away an entire round just trying to figure out what I could do to disrupt it, and EVERYTHING got stuffed. It was infuriating.

If you guys are playing though, toss me an invite. Skab__

HP is -1.

Spman2099

Yes, I'm aware, and since this doesn't take into account that none of them play alike, The distinction is pointless.

By this logic Sean isn't a shoto since doesn't really have a fireball. Gouken didn't have an invincible srk, Sakura didn't either except with ex...but pretty sure she didn't in any other game.

Sean isn't a real shoto. Neither is Dan or Sakura. You can call them a pseudo-shoto if you like, but that applies to a large swath of the cast.

mooncakes

They probably have half the S2 characters made already.
I'm no business expert but would it be more cost efficient to make the season 2 characters right around sf5 when gold? It would take much more resources to bring everyone back if they started s2 characters after it was released. Things like voice recording, programming would take time.

Scotia

Banned
Yes, I'm aware, and since this doesn't take into account that none of them play alike, The distinction is pointless.

By this logic Sean isn't a shoto since doesn't really have a fireball. Gouken didn't have an invincible srk, Sakura didn't either except with ex...but pretty sure she didn't in any other game.

Yeah Sean isn't a shoto, he just copies Ken and adds in some MJJ.

Sean, Gouken, Eagle and Necro all above Yun? Disgusting.

latest

Shadoken

Sean isn't a real shoto. Neither is Dan or Sakura. You can call them a pseudo-shoto if you like, but that applies to a large swath of the cast.

You are right. But if S2 came with Sean,Akuma,Sagat,Sakura,Dan,Gouken. Thats like the most redundant cast ever.

I am sure there will be at best 1-2 "Psuedo-Shotos" per season.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Since half of the S2 cast will be shotos it's just copy paste with different character models right?

Can't wait for chaotic neutral Ryu.

I'm no business expert but would it be more cost efficient to make the season 2 characters right around sf5 when gold? It would take much more resources to bring everyone back if they started s2 characters after it was released. Things like voice recording, programming would take time.

Who knows. Capcom is outsourcing a lot of stuff. It's safe to assume that they've at least started production.

Skilletor

GGs, that was close. I'm pretty sure you got most of your damage off of throws and combos that started with cr. LK. Dunno why I can't seem to deal with that kind of pressure.

Yeah, empty jump c.lk killed you one game.

I think your throw defense is a blessing and a curse. I can't shimmy you at all. Lol

Ggs!

Top Bottom