• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Mr. X

Yes, I'm aware, and since this doesn't take into account that none of them play alike, The distinction is pointless.

By this logic Sean isn't a shoto since doesn't really have a fireball. Gouken didn't have an invincible srk, Sakura didn't either except with ex...but pretty sure she didn't in any other game.

Sean has the shoto normals.
Gouken is a shitty Oro iteration, not a shoto IMO. I see why the comparison exists, since his Shoryu is like tatsu and his tatsu is like a a bad shoryu. He lacks the typical shoto normals.

Pompadour

It really shouldn't be too hard if it is barebones. Ultimately, it won't impact the game too much sales wise. I fully expect people to still trash SFV for having no Arcade Mode after it comes out because they don't play the game anyway and won't know any better.

I would have taken a nice Arcade Mode over the Cinematic Story Mode that we got (although the nonplayable character fights were nice). If we had something like KOFXIV's arcade mode with plenty of character interactions, but much higher budget, with 3rd Strike's opponent select that would be great. I much prefer the "What If" aspect of Arcade Modes because cohesive story modes mean your less popular character might do jack shit (see Alex).

Edit: What I really want are those character specific challenges that they showed pre-release. It'd be fun grinding out stuff with characters I don't play for EXP bonuses.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it's not barebones. They should use all the story mode stages and characters to make it fun. It could actually be really really good.

JayEH

All they really need to do is take the character stories and make some adjustments e.g. add more fights in between and difficulty options.

Since their was no tournament in V they could have Arcade mode be more like Alpha 2.
Oh who am I kidding, they can't even get Cinematic Story right.

Skab

GGs Skab!

Felt a little bit of rollback on my end, mostly on special effects. How was it on yours?

GGs! Matches mostly felt fine on my end. Juri matches were 100% okay, only had what seemed like a little bit of slow down during the Guile ones. Nothing serious though.

Also oh god your Guile D: Fighting your Juri was super fun, then Guile comes along and dismantles me 5 matches in a row and then just stares at me with those dead eyes...

LakeEarth

I just faced off with a Ryu who was just doing mp > mp > hp > jump mk for the cross up > mp > mp > hp > jump mk etc etc etc

I could literally do nothing about it as bison. I threw away an entire round just trying to figure out what I could do to disrupt it, and EVERYTHING got stuffed. It was infuriating.

If you guys are playing though, toss me an invite. Skab__
You could've dashed forward once you saw that he jumped again. That's a option you should take when opponents do predictable offensive jumps.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I just faced off with a Ryu who was just doing mp > mp > hp > jump mk for the cross up > mp > mp > hp > jump mk etc etc etc

I could literally do nothing about it as bison. I threw away an entire round just trying to figure out what I could do to disrupt it, and EVERYTHING got stuffed. It was infuriating.

If you guys are playing though, toss me an invite. Skab__
If they try to cross you up again after a blockstring, just jump back with a button. Jump back HP should be really good with Bison. EX stomp, too.

A friend of mine always does this because I was using it while teaching him some ryu stuff, you can always just dash away to reset the game, or try challenging it with an air-air.
Since he's doing mk as a cross up, he has to do it a bit late so even if you jump back air to air while he's at the height of his jump, you should beat him every time.

Otherwise just dash or ex stomp.

Neoxon

Arcade Mode, as well as a number of future Daily Challenges, got leaked. Extra Battle is in here as well, but we already knew that was coming.

x09_files01.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.y4ynkx5DDf.jpg

x09_files02.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.C5ckLJlchQ.jpg

x09_files03.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.q1L4zmMR7b.jpg

x09_files04.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ZlrUYIrSk8.jpg

x09_files05.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.p_qXTqDg9z.jpg

x09_files06.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.sy10gh-NpO.jpg

UPDATE: Oh, MrCarter beat me to the punch. Silver lining, I posted the images themselves.

Neoxon

Since their was no tournament in V they could have Arcade mode be more like Alpha 2.
Oh who am I kidding, they can't even get Cinematic Story right.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Karin supposed to be holding a tournament before the Black Moons happened? With that out of the way, perhaps the Kanzuki-Hosted World Warrior Tournament could be the premise for SFV's Arcade Mode.

Arcade mode? Come home Gunslinger.

Real talk I'd love an A3 style world tour mode.

Honestly, with this. It can become my favorite fighter.

As repetitive as MOM mode is, it's still fun to have RPG elements in my fighting game. I've been playing that all week.

This game needs something like that.

LakeEarth

I'm hoping that arcade mode has a true boss. I'm sure a new character is a pipe dream, but I'd be okay with a "Shin" version of Bison or Necalli like the SF4 secret bosses, just something different.

Neoxon

I hope Arcade mode has individual character endings. Even a single piece of artwork with some sorta silly blurb will do.
If they're setting up the story for the Season 2 Cinematic Story Mode, I suppose that would make sense.

Either way, a Karin-hosted World Warrior tournament would be an interesting premise.

Skab

wow wtf

so ryu can just ex dp in the middle of bisons s.mp > c.mp combo, mid hit stun, and reversal

thats fucked up

Top Bottom