• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

That invincible reversal shit is very annoying. The Cr.MP is already out at the end of the end stun. At worst it should have been a block. But nah it's just Capcom's shit hitbox in the work.

Capcom should increase the hit stun on certain moves to prevent that shit from happening. Also for Nash who for some reason can drop his LP+MP target combo after a moonsault randomly. It's not like Nash is to far to make MP whiff.

Skilletor

That invincible reversal shit is very annoying. The Cr.MP is already out at the end of the end stun. At worst it should have been a block. But nah it's just Capcom's shit hitbox in the work.

Capcom should increase the hit stun on certain moves to prevent that shit from happening. Also for Nash who for some reason can drop his LP+MP target combo after a moonsault randomly. It's not like Nash is to far to make MP whiff.

It's like this in literally every 2D fighter that has invincible reversals.

That corner combo Du does is so hot. Just got it down in training.

j.hk, boom, c.mp xxx boom, s.hp, c.mp xxx hp boom, d/f+hk

Man. <3

Not entirely true.. rankings shift is also because it is not including the rest of the cast. There is a big difference when you are asked to pick your fav 5 characters of All the cast and picking your top 5 once your mains are already in the game.
Check out the poll before Season 1 and some Original cast characters were added.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014...layable-street-fighter-5-cast-your-votes-now/

Notice how Ingrid is higher than Cody,Sakura and Maki is actually higher than characters like Rose,Viper. So I wouldnt say they have risen in popularity , rather the Ehubs community has a dedicated fanbase for them. The Vote numbers for Ingrid seem roughly the same.
Never seen this poll. The results are pretty cool. My post was based on the other SF character poll that included overall, english and japanese rankings instead. In that poll Ingrid and Maki were up in the forties rather than the tens and twenties places.

It's like this in literally every 2D fighter that has invincible reversals.

Except those other 2d games only have iframes on their start up or big hitboxes in KI. while V made it very easy to DP through fireball without having to spend meter. With the exception of SF2 not even the previous installment didn't have DP that good.

Skilletor

Except those other 2d games only have iframes on their start up or big hitboxes in KI. while V made it very easy to DP through fireball without having to spend meter. With the exception of SF2 not even the previous installment didn't have DP that good.

Your ignorance of fighting games shows whenever you try to argue technical aspects.

Yes, it definitely happened in sf4 (and tons of other 2d games) because e.ryu c.mk to fireball was a true block string. Normal Ryu wasn't.

So I login just now and they tell me about illegal FM cheating blah blah, yet i haven't used the 1 round survival since they took away my FM for using it 4 times, maybe it's a mode i have install... might have to clean out the mods...

Skilletor

So I login just now and they tell me about illegal FM cheating blah blah, yet i haven't used the 1 round survival since they took away my FM for using it 4 times, maybe it's a mode i have install... might have to clean out the mods...

I got the same thing last night, and I don't have any mods installed at all and haven't used the cheat since Guile came out.

Scared me, lol.

Pompadour

Not entirely true.. rankings shift is also because it is not including the rest of the cast. There is a big difference when you are asked to pick your fav 5 characters of All the cast and picking your top 5 once your mains are already in the game.
Check out the poll before Season 1 and some Original cast characters were added.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014...layable-street-fighter-5-cast-your-votes-now/

Notice how Ingrid is higher than Cody,Sakura and Maki is actually higher than characters like Rose,Viper. So I wouldnt say they have risen in popularity , rather the Ehubs community has a dedicated fanbase for them. The Vote numbers for Ingrid seem roughly the same.

I'd like to see Maki in the game in Guy's spot (or they can both be in, whatever) if they base her personality more on her being a Japanese roughneck/biker gang leader like evoked in this artwork. I'm tired of all the cheerful, girly women fighters.

Kaleinc

Banned
Oni -> dp -> 5 seconds of invincibility.

stn

HDR Ken's DP was easily the best. Safe on block in some instances, very spammable, fully invincible, and even goes through projectiles.

On a SFV-related note, Necalli really fits my playstyle: safe, defensive, and boring. Think I found my character. I don't get a lot of time to play so I greatly prefer a character that's easy to execute.

Skilletor

I've been playing Guile and Juri exclusively since EVO.

Guile is by far my favorite character, and iteration of the character, in this game. He's just so damn fun. I learned a lot watching Du last night. Time to put some more time into matches working on my boom game.

Farewell

I've been playing Guile and Juri exclusively since EVO.

Guile is by far my favorite character, and iteration of the character, in this game. He's just so damn fun. I learned a lot watching Du last night. Time to put some more time into matches working on my boom game.

You can also watch imstilldadaddy if you don't mind the toxic, he is also a really good guile player.

Shadoken

I'd like to see Maki in the game in Guy's spot (or they can both be in, whatever) if they base her personality more on her being a Japanese roughneck/biker gang leader like evoked in this artwork. I'm tired of all the cheerful, girly women fighters.

Even I wouldn't mind Maki like that since she will add to the diversity. But this is Capcom , she will be another blonde waifu with a bikini costume and revealing supers.

Also they are different enough for both characters to be in.

Your ignorance of fighting games shows whenever you try to argue technical aspects.

Yes, it definitely happened in sf4 (and tons of other 2d games) because e.ryu c.mk to fireball was a true block string. Normal Ryu wasn't.

Why are you bringing up Cr.MK? Invincible reversals(Except SF2 I already mentioned) are nowhere near as strong found in SFV. I do not have to spend any meter or do a kara Cancel to go through Guile's Sonic Boom as Cammy. Unless you are strictly talking about Supers/Ultras.

Skilletor

Why are you bringing up Cr.MK? Invincible reversals(Except SF2 I already mentioned) are nowhere near as strong found in SFV. I do not have to spend any meter or do a kara Cancel to go through Guile's Sonic Boom as Cammy. Unless you are strictly talking about Supers/Ultras.

Because other people brought it up. Because it's similar to the situation that started this conversation.

You have always been able to mash dp through block strings. The only thing that makes it easier in SF4 and 5 compared to other games is a far more generous input buffer and reversal window.

DPing through booms with Cammy isn't new. You keep making these silly claims as if these things are exclusive to SF5 and they're not.

MrCarter

https://discord.gg/tgcnm - This here is the official SFV discord channel. Huge amount of players and tournaments take place pretty much every week and even have their own Twitch channel to broadcast them.

https://discord.gg/4zQhf - This one is similar but for beginners and intermediates. They also have a very large player pool and has tournaments occasionally.

I've joined both and they are very friendly groups of people. Enjoy.

DPing through booms with Cammy isn't new. You keep making these silly claims as if these things are exclusive to SF5 and they're not.

Hell, I was doing this in CvS and CvS2 because Cammy was a beast in those games. Timing was a little strict, but you could do it in ST, too. Too bad Cammy is hot garbage in Super Turbo.

Skilletor

Hell, I was doing this in CvS and CvS2 because Cammy was a beast in those games. Timing was a little strict, but you could do it in ST, too. Too bad Cammy is hot garbage in Super Turbo.

Yeah, her DP always has a lot of invincibility. It's one of the best AAs in the game. The only time this wasn't true is probably A2 and A3, but she was worse than dan tier in those games.

HDR Ken's DP was easily the best. Safe on block in some instances, very spammable, fully invincible, and even goes through projectiles.

On a SFV-related note, Necalli really fits my playstyle: safe, defensive, and boring. Think I found my character. I don't get a lot of time to play so I greatly prefer a character that's easy to execute.

I always srk'd through projectiles in sf2, ryu/ken/akuma could all do it pretty easily.

Coda

Yeah if they make Maki the badass she is with a little bit of girlish charm I'd be thrilled. I feel like her playstyle is a much needed one in SF V. Plus I love bushin style fighters as I mained Guy in SF IV.

mbpm1

It really is awesome. What happened with the SF5 tie-in thing those guys did?

Is it still tied to that app they were marketing?

The nash thing? It's already out I thought.

And I heard (and it looked like) it was terrible in comparison to AF, basically going back to the 1992 movie in terms of out of placeness.

JayEH

You know I thought during the beta they were testing out their content delivery system so we wouldn't need maintenance every time they add something to the store.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know I thought during the beta they were testing out their content delivery system so we wouldn't need maintenance every time they add something to the store.
I've asked for a CFN id change more than 2 months ago. They even reassure me it's being worked on when I asked again. Every single maintenance I get disappointed again.

Top Bottom