• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Lol, just played a set against bigbird. Dude plays like a loon. Which of course works perfectly if you're Ken.

Edit: like 2 or 3 RANDOM dps in one round. He's still better than me but come on.

I would say Nash suffers under pressure but he just needs to get a v-reversal or trigger.

I hate him so much. I hate fighting him as Chun, it's so difficult. It's more managable with Urien. You just get stuck blocking his bullshit normals and then it's back to neutral. If you get in on him, you need to be wary of v-reversal giving him the stage back.

Plus his low health and stun doesn't help him either. His V-reversal should be C.Throw invincible. Ita stupid Nash's only option after a light normal is to jump/backdash

At least Chun has St.hp, ex Sbk and AA S.lk.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You can jump, though. Again, like any other character.

See, Nash is already the best runaway character in the game and you want to improve that even more.

Vice

Plus his low health and stun doesn't help him either. His V-reversal should be C.Throw invincible. Ita stupid Nash's only option after a light normal is to jump/backdash

At least Chun has St.hp, ex Sbk and AA S.lk.

I believe that is a situation nearly every character is in after a blocked light from a grappler and only a handful of characters have a five frame command grab. all of whom Nash can keep out very well. And, while command grabs an option the spacing and timing is difficult with even high level players with great reactions and characters with better mobility such as Fuudo punishes or having to use freeze frames from v-trigger to punish Nash's v-reversal consistently. If it were command grab invulnerable it would make the matches in Nash's favor even more so than they are now by taking away one of the grappling characters biggest tools if he has a bar of v-meter.

Spman2099

Man, all I want for Alex is for his crossup's hitbox to be better (seems to miss too frequently on crouching opponents), for his Air Stampede to have a hitbox on the way down (not a huge one, just some that hits people who jump into his feet), and for the his Air Stampede to have a little larger hitbox on the ground so you don't have to space it so perfectly. Also, have his EX-Head Crush have him headbutt the opponent multiple times (you don't have to make it do more damage, I just want it to look that way).

I love playing him, but I sometimes I think they make things a little too hard for him.

Skilletor

People seem to want characters not to have any weaknesses. Charlie has one of the best dashes in the games, some of the best pokes, his boom is great to make opponents react, his shimmy game is sick with an easy conform into super, he's got a good special that's easy to make safe and, also, easy confirm into super. EX Scythe is probably the best AA in the game. His vtrigger gets him out of jail free. His vreversal gets him out of jail if you know how to use it...no, it should not be throw invulnerable. That's the reward a grappler gets for actually getting in on you, and then getting a read. He shouldn't be able to just get away just because. that would be stupid as fuck.

Stop complaining about the tools your character doesn't have and get good with the tools they do have. Jesus.

Farewell

People seem to want characters not to have any weaknesses. Charlie has one of the best dashes in the games, some of the best pokes, his boom is great to make opponents react, his shimmy game is sick with an easy conform into super, he's got a good special that's easy to make safe and, also, easy confirm into super. EX Scythe is probably the best AA in the game. His vtrigger gets him out of jail free. His vreversal gets him out of jail if you know how to use it...no, it should not be throw invulnerable. That's the reward a grappler gets for actually getting in on you, and then getting a read. He shouldn't be able to just get away just because. that would be stupid as fuck.

Stop complaining about the tools your character doesn't have and get good with the tools they do have. Jesus.

Agree.

stn

Agreed again. Nash is very good, he doesn't need anything else. Every character, even a good one, needs to have some weakness. Buff the crappy characters and go from there.

MrCarter

image.php

Kappa lol

But yeah apart from Ibuki missing a few moves from previous iterations she is a good character. She can be even better with a few more tweaks.

I'm sitting here playing FANG and trying to improve with the mindset that I can still win just as handily with this guy and then having to come here and read about Nash players complaining about their character.

:(

Skilletor

I'm sitting here playing FANG and trying to improve with the mindset that I can still win just as handily with this guy and then having to come here and read about Nash players complaining about their character.

:(

I feel for you. Just think about all the sweet buffs that HAVE to be coming for S2! :p

image.php

Kappa lol

But yeah apart from Ibuki missing a few moves from previous iterations she is a good character. She can be even better with a few more tweaks.

Really, for me, it's not that Ibuki sucks, it's that she's boring and doesn't play like Ibuki should (imo). She's by far my favorite character in 3s, but she isn't very good in that game. :p

But that was more a statement about Zombegoast bitching about a top tier character not having every tool ever.

Edzi

Nerfs are underrated. A game full of Chuns and Ryus would be lame, and weaknesses are what make a FG balanced.

Can't wait for the nerf bat to hit Chun/Ryu.

Tbh I wish people would complain about their own personal shortcomings more and not their characters', especially if said character is generally considered to be strong.

Like, I may whine about the Ryu matchup from time to time but I know that's my fault for sucking at dealing with zoning and not Mika's. There are a ton of great Mika players who are able to rip zoners apart so evidently it's not the character who needs work.

JayEH

Tbh I wish people would complain about their own personal shortcomings more and not their characters', especially if said character is generally considered to be strong.

Like, I may whine about the Ryu matchup from time to time but I know that's my fault for sucking at dealing with zoning and not Mika's. There are a ton of great Mika players who are able to rip zoners apart so evidently it's not the character who needs work.

blaming everything but yourself is the core of fighting games though

xabi

Nerfs are underrated. A game full of Chuns and Ryus would be lame, and weaknesses are what make a FG balanced.

I agree. I actually think this is the most balanced first iteration of a SF that I have seen. I just picked up Zangief late last week, considered the worst by many, and I am having no problems competing against others in casuals. After a day or so learning him (and admittedly losing a lot initially) my win percentage is no worse than with others I have been recently learning (would say around 2/3 win rate once I figure someone out)

Everyone seems to have some good, useful tools

Man, all I want for Alex is for his crossup's hitbox to be better (seems to miss too frequently on crouching opponents), for his Air Stampede to have a hitbox on the way down (not a huge one, just some that hits people who jump into his feet), and for the his Air Stampede to have a little larger hitbox on the ground so you don't have to space it so perfectly. Also, have his EX-Head Crush have him headbutt the opponent multiple times (you don't have to make it do more damage, I just want it to look that way).

I love playing him, but I sometimes I think they make things a little too hard for him.
His stomp easily made the worst transition from 3S to SFV, but I hope he gets more than just those fixes for S2. His EX headbutt could use tracking properties from a limited distance (since tracking AND knockdowns seems like too powerful a combination imo), his powerbomb startup needs to go down to at least 5 frames and he also NEEDS a new v-skill because his current one is something stupid that he can only use once a round. I want spiral DDT to come back real bad and become a running/flying bulldog on backwards facing opponents. It would look dope.
I just want balrog's throw range increased.
I feel so bad for Balrog. His throw game is just terrible.

I do that all the time on discord lol. I personally thank Karin for that. I know she is good and I still lose more often than I'd like. That said, SFV is the SF I'm best at. I couldn't even cross 500 BP in SFIV and I managed to get gold in SFV. Life ain't so bad.

Skilletor

I agree. I actually think this is the most balanced first iteration of a SF that I have seen. I just picked up Zangief late last week, considered the worst by many, and I am having no problems competing against others in casuals. After a day or so learning him (and admittedly losing a lot initially) my win percentage is no worse than with others I have been recently learning (would say around 2/3 win rate once I figure someone out)

Everyone seems to have some good, useful tools

This is BY FAR the best first try in the series history. lol. It's not even close.

Top Bottom