• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Kashiwaba

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Still waiting on:

street-fighter-v-Rashid-early-look.jpg
Cyborg ninja skins for Rashid when?

FluxWaveZ

Too bad the game doesn't have more resources behind it. The whole cast having these costumes would have been good.

They do also have code alts, too.

MrCarter

New music on the Halloween Stage. Nice. It's a shame Capcom are so SHIT at marketing thier own fucking game because a trailer of all the costumes and the stage would have insured existing, as well as new players, what is coming in this update. Then we have Blizzard on the other hand with Overwatch with a nice trailer with thier content showing them up - Capcom really need to up thier game because frankly, this is pathetic.

Tbh I wish people would complain about their own personal shortcomings more and not their characters', especially if said character is generally considered to be strong.

Like, I may whine about the Ryu matchup from time to time but I know that's my fault for sucking at dealing with zoning and not Mika's. There are a ton of great Mika players who are able to rip zoners apart so evidently it's not the character who needs work.

I don't think people are denying that Charlie is a good character but he does have some obvious flaws. For instance he can get hit from the front while using his ground V-Trigger . I can't even use the move on reaction because I would get hit by a fireball that is on the other side of the screen. Then there is the Medium Moonsault Target Combo where S.MP would whiff after the jab. And it's not like I'm far to whiff the move either because I'm able to connect the move after whiffing the target combo. Against Mika I have very little trouble dealing with her when he has the best fireball recovery of anything motion character with his Genocide Cutter being able to cover half the screen. But once Mika is right on Charlie, the MU becomes 3-7 with only his V-Reversal being the only way out if lucky that a throw doesn't come out.

Then you have other stuff like Jab AA stopping everything, Auto corrects failing to Auto correct while doing cross under and those cross ups on Chun Li's Vskill in the corner. Then you have Cammy who has the worst V-Reversal in the game, they need to replace it with CQC.

Skilletor

I don't think people are denying that Charlie is a good character but he does have some obvious flaws. For instance he can get hit from the front while using his ground V-Trigger . I can't even use the move on reaction because I would get hit by a fireball that is on the other side of the screen. Then there is the Medium Moonsault Target Combo where S.MP would whiff after the jab. And it's not like I'm far to whiff the move either because I'm able to connect the move after whiffing the target combo. Against Mika I have very little trouble dealing with her when he has the best fireball recovery of anything motion character with his Genocide Cutter being able to cover half the screen. But once Mika is right on Charlie, the MU becomes 3-7 with only his V-Reversal being the only way out if lucky that a throw doesn't come out.

Then you have other stuff like Jab AA stopping everything, Auto corrects failing to Auto correct while doing cross under and those cross ups on Chun Li's Vskill in the corner. Then you have Cammy who has the worst V-Reversal in the game, they need to replace it with CQC.

Yes, you can use the move on reaction. Fireballs have a fuckton of recovery. You don't need to use it immediately to punish Ryu's fireball. This is character knowledge. This is knowing how to use the damn move. This is YOU not knowing how to use it properly.

And yeah, Mika being rough once she gets in is how it is supposed to be, especially for a character like Charlie. That is the point.

Hey, I'll wait until the clean version's up to see what I think about the song itself.

Nah, lol. Effie = Dreamgirls to me. :p

Jennifer Hudson is a goddess.

Too bad the game doesn't have more resources behind it. The whole cast having these costumes would have been good.

They do also have code alts, too.

In 8 months, SF5 has created more alt costumes than SF4 did in its first year, even though it has fewer characters.

22 story alts, 22 battle costumes, 3 CPT costumes, 6 swimsuits, 7 halloween, 1 Yukadon Nash...some even have clothing variations.

I think expecting Halloween costumes for everyone would be rough.

Top Bottom