• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Yes, you can use the move on reaction. Fireballs have a fuckton of recovery. You don't need to use it immediately to punish Ryu's fireball. This is character knowledge. This is knowing how to use the damn move. This is YOU not knowing how to use it properly.

So basically stop having to fast of a reaction is what I'm getting.

Skilletor

So basically stop having to fast of a reaction is what I'm getting.

If that's how you want to take it. Sure. For this particular instance, for this singular move. Yes, you need to wait. You don't activate trigger the instant you see fireball, you activate it after. You have plenty of time, so yes, use this knowledge to your benefit instead of claiming there's something wrong with Capcom's hitboxes when shit like this has literally been around since Street Fighter 2. It's a consequence of how they do hitboxes in 2D fighters.

Vice

If that's how you want to take it. Sure. For this particular instance, for this singular move. Yes, you need to wait. You don't activate trigger the instant you see fireball, you activate it after. You have plenty of time, so yes, use this knowledge to your benefit instead of claiming there's something wrong with Capcom's hitboxes when shit like this has literally been around since Street Fighter 2. It's a consequence of how they do hitboxes in 2D fighters.
You can use the v-trigger that puts him aerial to avoid the fireball and probably get a more damaging punish and avoid the risk of getting hit by the fireball, iirc.

Mr. X

That's so strange because I have a much easier time against Urien than Chun.
Urien has a better fireball and I can armor up headbutt and tackles. If I have V-trigger, punishing Nash V-reversal is dumb easy. I can just knee or Ex knee my way in if he trues to hang back.

Chun jumps sucks, I have to stay on the ground and walk block him into a corner. If he comes in, I'm fine blocking until he pushes himself out. Mid range is even. His fireball has more utility, Chun's needs charge and basically to counter fireballs and rarely using after cMK.

Watching top Chun's lose repeatedly to Infiltration and Yukadon has me really sure it's in Nash favor to some degree. I should see if I can play LI Joe at the local.

Farewell

That round 2 halloween stage music.

giphy.gif

Mr. X

Hopefully Capcom hyping stuff up is actually cool. They keep setting expectations high and then under delivering. It would cool if they said nothing and dropped it or just downplayed the stuff a bit.

Skab

Halloween stage music is pretty good :eek:

If anyone wants to play/gets a lobby going tonight, feel free to toss me an invite! CFN Skab__

Kashiwaba

Is it too much to ask Capcom for extra extra modes in battle lounge you know league mode or knock out tournament... Etc and maybe only if it's possible to let the other players to have the choice to play each other instead of just watching that one fight like what other fighting games have been doing for a while.

THAT MUSIC

THAT STAGE

THOSE COSTUMES

Here we go, wallet. We spending.

Shame I gotta wait until my girlfriend goes to bed so I can unplug the goddamn internet cord and put it in the PS4 to download the update. DLink routers are booty.

Juri's default costume colors are so fucking sick.

There's one where she's pretty much Zero Suit Samus.

Makes me glad the undersuit exists on her. It makes a great contrast.

James Chen wants chip kills back.

Like.

Boi.

I think it doesn't help people who can't kill on super for grapplers but damn I can't stand behind that.

Spman2099

James Chen wants chip kills back.

Like.

Boi.

I think it doesn't help people who can't kill on super for grapplers but damn I can't stand behind that.

That would be a horrible change. I love the lack of chip kills in SFV. Keep it so supers only chip kill. It makes for amazing last minute heroics.

Ugh I seriously have no idea what to do in the Zangief matchup and it pisses me off. Seems like every single time I try to poke I either get LP SPD'd or blocked by V-Skill. I can't zone with Metallic Sphere because he just lariats through it and I fall for V-Reversal into EX SPD every time.

I know the problem's more with me than the actual matchup, so does anyone have tips for taking this big lug down?

My only beef with the Halloween costumes is that they didn't include a color or two for each character that uses their normal skin tone and hair color. Alex and Ryu specifically.

Also, Necalli's alternate version needed to ditch the shirt too, not just the vest.

What is with the number of Zangiefs playing tonight? I usually never encounter him but I've fought and lost to four unique Giefs since my session began an hour ago.

Mr. X

Looking for the Halloween bundle. Sadden there isn't one :[

Argh, got 2-0'd by a Zangief AGAIN. What's Urien supposed to do here? Zoning doesn't work, rushdown doesn't work...I'm out of ideas.

Keep him max range of your stMK crMK stHP fMP
Throw fireball full screen. Mix in an H fireball to keep them guessing.
Headbutt is airborne so you can throw those out if they want to get cheeky.
jMK is a strong anti air for Urien especially if sHK isn't cutting it out

Don't mash buttons when he gets in, look for their pattern and jump out of their nonsense

mitchlol

You can bring back chip kills with EX moves IF and only IF every character gets a parry a la 3rd strike. Otherwise keep Supers the only way to chip out. Makes a comeback way more hype.

I'm learning Ibuki at the moment. I have most of the bnb combos down but it's the other things I don't know, what is my her poke? Am I trying to rush down people or just dart in and out. Basically I'm not sure what sort of style I should be playing with Ibuki. I am loving how much more complex she is compared to Gief just a little lost what m game plan should be.

Whales

Banned
I really wanted that nec alt but it looks so bad

the fur looks like total shit. What the hell?

Will probably cop Ryu, and will wait to see necalli ingame to judge if its worth the fucking 5.50$

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
How do you pick the variants? Like Urien's?

Was also thrown off for a minute after buying the Spooky Arena-- didn't realize it was an alternate of the Arena level, despite the name, and thought something messed up and I didn't get the level after purchasing it.

"Take this higher" joining such classic female vocals as "Beats in my head" and "This is true love we're making"...

How do you pick the variants? Like Urien's?

Was also thrown off for a minute after buying the Spooky Arena-- didn't realize it was an alternate of the Arena level, despite the name, and thought something messed up and I didn't get the level after purchasing it.

Urien - hold LP,MK,HP before fight

Other stuff - hold 3 punches, LK, and up

Coda

Apparently EX colors were supposed to be included in this update. Anyone know where they are or if they're coming soon?

Top Bottom