• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

lupinko

How do you pick the alternate stage as your favourite stage? I just bought with FM the Spooky Arena and I want that to be default for netplay.

Edit: Never mind it lets you toggle when picking it.

The patch might have broken the PC version. The game was working just fine until the second round where my opponent was just pressing jab but for me I could still play just fine until I went into the rematch menu where I couldn't even navigate through it. Couldn't Alt-tab either because my game crashed and the task bar was hidden behind the window.

X and Start are the only two buttons that works.

Edit: Nevermind it's my RT on the 360 controller that's preventing all but two buttons from working in SFV exclusively. The spring or whatever was holding the trigger up broke last night making it think I'm holding it down. It makes navigating the menu inaccessible unless lift the RT up. I don't know what that other player mashing Jab was doing.

I guess I have to use the PS3 controller.

disgusted%2Byoshi.jpg

tariniel

Man I didn't know Necalli's outfit had a legit tail when in in v.trigger. I thought it was like long super saiyan hair based on the screenshots. The tail ruins it a bit for me, I'd have bought the CPT costume instead if I knew.

Other than that the rest of the costume is great. Thinking about grabbing Ryu's too.

Also found this on reddit that has all the costumes and alt colors, etc. http://firkraag8.imgur.com/

Edzi

Having second thoughts about buying those Halloween costumes after actually thinking about how much they'd cost.

I need a bundle.

The hair in this game is weird.

On screen during actual matches it looks fantastic. Necalli's dreads swinging around as he moves and attacks, as well as Urien's wavy Battle costume hair looks awesome during fights. But during closeups like win animations, it looks kinda goofy looking.

I'm mostly averse to buying seasonal content, since I'm the type to stop using it once the holiday is over. There might be a costume or two in the pack that I'd use after Halloween, but they're for characters I don't play, like Ryu's and Juri's somewhat versatile costumes.

Pejo

Having second thoughts about buying those Halloween costumes after actually thinking about how much they'd cost.

I need a bundle.

Yea I have no idea why we're still not getting any bundles. They seem to have completely abandoned the idea. Even character packs like SFIV did, would be better than 4-5 dollars per costume.

That said, I'm part of the problem and bought the Juri and Necalli halloween costumes as soon as I got home last night.

Farewell

I will get juris, necallis and the alex halloween outfit, maybe also ryu.

Still bummer that they didn't offer a bundle, i would buy them all.

Edit: Agree on all bundle posts above me!

LakeEarth

The lack of bundles confuses me. Surely they'd get more money from the people buying the bundle than the handful of people that would buy every single costume a la carte?

Durden77

The lack of bundles confuses me. Surely they'd get more money from the people buying the bundle than the handful of people that would buy every single costume a la carte?

Especially for stuff like this. The Halloween stuff should have definitely been offered as a bundle.

Oh well. I'm still buying at least the Necalli one. I rarley play him, but it's too good. Might by Nash's too.

Especially for stuff like this. The Halloween stuff should have definitely been offered as a bundle.

Oh well. I'm still buying at least the Necalli one. I rarley play him, but it's too good. Might by Nash's too.

I actually benched juri for a bit so I can learn necalli because the costume is just too dope.

Steroyd

Tfw a Ryu does a -2 move so you do a 3f move in response but still get DP'd.

I know that feeling, played a flow chart Ken who DP'd between everything when I kept doing frame traps instead of block strings.

Gone to the lab to start learning so that shit can be switched on instinctively so it doesn't happen again.

Durden77

I'm mostly averse to buying seasonal content, since I'm the type to stop using it once the holiday is over. There might be a costume or two in the pack that I'd use after Halloween, but they're for characters I don't play, like Ryu's and Juri's somewhat versatile costumes.

That's why the stage should be free for everyone during the season, with maybe the option to buy it to keep permanently. The costumes I can understand, but who's going to want to use the stage after Halloween? If they're going for this seasonal thing (which I think is awesome) making you buy the stage is silly. If it was free for that time it gets everyone in the spirit for that time and would keep people more engaged and feel like they're "in" the seasonal celbration stuff they would do.

Really hope they go for a more LoL style way of doing this stuff moving forward with the seasonal stuff and make the stage themes for everyone and the costumes paid. I know it's a little different because LoL mainly uses 1 stage, but still.

I bought the stage btw

worst 5 bar match ever, Flag was from Romania, more like zero bars, it wasn't your regular rubberband, it was freezing every 2 seconds, the little fucker probably knew he has a shit connection went right after me, didn't even bother to try and play, just made sure he didn't get 2 perfects and let him have the match, since he needed that casual win more than I did..

KingBroly

Banned
Things I still need to do
- Finish Urien's Trials (5-10)
- Urien Extreme Survival

I...don't think I'm going to be doing either of them. Urien's a charge character, so he's that much harder for me to do. And Extreme Survival...yeah...I'll wait for the Challenge so I don't have to mutilate myself.

Shadoken

Man am loving this new input lag reduction , I have changed my playstyle so much and its much more solid. Just reduce it a little more Capcom and the game will be perfect.

I never actually understood why this is a thing , perhaps it works well on certain types of players.

Like the whole idea of shimmy is that you walk , which makes the other player want to throw because you are walking. If you just sit there , why would they even want to throw? I would just Jab in that situation. Now ofc that could get counter hit if timed correctly , but then ur just frame trapping me with a delayed hit not really whiff punishing.

FluxWaveZ

I never actually understood why this is a thing , perhaps it works well on certain types of players.

Like the whole idea of shimmy is that you walk , which makes the other player want to throw because you are walking. If you just sit there , why would they even want to throw? I would just Jab in that situation. Now ofc that could get counter hit if timed correctly , but then ur just frame trapping me with a delayed hit not really whiff punishing.

Because it could easily be a tick throw set-up at that distance instead of them just sitting there.

Top Bottom