• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thanks, guys.

I know Urien's alt is different...I meant "are the new costume alt codes like Urien's?" :)

Keep him max range of your stMK crMK stHP fMP

When he's at range he just throws out infinite crLPs which beat all of Urien's buttons cleanly. Whiffed normals mean I'm eating a stupidly long rang SPD too so shimmy= death.

Throw fireball full screen. Mix in an H fireball to keep them guessing.

Lariat makes fireball pressure null and void. They just pass right through him.

Headbutt is airborne so you can throw those out if they want to get cheeky.

Headbutt loses to the onslaught of crLP though and if it whiffs or is blocked you get put into Gief's 50/50 anti-air/SPD game and that's exactly where he wants you to be.

jMK is a strong anti air for Urien especially if sHK isn't cutting it out

Noted, thanks.

Don't mash buttons when he gets in, look for their pattern and jump out of their nonsense

I think this is my main problem. I panic as soon as he gets the knockdown and that leads to getting mixed up like crazy.

It's too bad I'll be missing out on my favorite holiday. I want some skins and that stage. :T

I wonder what other classic costumes will pop up along with Alex/Ibuki. Alpha Bison would be cool to have.

Also, can you even remove Vega's shirt on his default outfit?

That feeling when the mission is '10 cross ups' and you're maining Balrog and Urien.

TFW when somebody made a similar post before

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

My 360 controller just stopped working in the middle of training mode. Even my keyboard is not working. I even restarted the game and couldn't navigate through the menu.

The controller still work and played other games just fine. The RT messed up during my last game but still work just fine.

Mesoian

I'm confused. The DLC characters have story mode outfits that are unlocked via beating story mode right? Balrog and Juri's outfits haven't unlocked for me even though I finished them

JayEH

I'm confused. The DLC characters have story mode outfits that are unlocked via beating story mode right? Balrog and Juri's outfits haven't unlocked for me even though I finished them

try replaying the last fight for each of them to see if that triggers it.

Skab

They don't unlock for use, if that's what you mean. (They get unlocked for purchase in the store, like everyone else)

Mesoian

try replaying the last fight for each of them to see if that triggers it.

Nope, nothing. This fucking game...

just when you think it's finally working correctly, it's always god damn something.

They don't unlock for use, if that's what you mean. (They get unlocked for purchase in the store, like everyone else)

Was that how it worked? I could have sworn I had all these costumes before the Juri patch.

Hmm, alright.

I still have Mika and Chun Li's unlocked but I don't remember ever buying them

JayEH

Nope, nothing. This fucking game...

just when you think it's finally working correctly, it's always god damn something.

Was that how it worked? I could have sworn I had all these costumes before the Juri patch.

Hmm, alright.

I still have Mika and Chun Li's unlocked but I don't remember ever buying them

you've always had to buy the story costumes from the shop with either FM or real money. They gave Ryu's and Chun-Li's away for free.

Durden77

Jesus the shop needs such an overhaul so bad. For a game that's based so much around it, it's so bad. Doesn't show what's featured, can't preview or even get a good look at items (some like the colors you can't even see at all), like shit man how did this happen.

If they hope for this game to succeed through this stuff they gotta fix that shit by like early next year at the earliest.

Edit : YO THE MUSIC ON THIS HALLOWEEN STAGE

mooncakes

I wish Ibuki can use charged kunai with kicks instead of her punch version. So she can release only 1 kunai instead of the whole stock. I like the MP charged kunai when it has 1 stock since it travel really low to the ground.

Mesoian

Jesus the shop needs such an overhaul so bad. For a game that's based so much around it, it's so bad. Doesn't show what's featured, can't preview or even get a good look at items (some like the colors you can't even see at all), like shit man how did this happen.

If they hope for this game to succeed through this stuff they gotta fix that shit by like early next year at the earliest.

Edit : YO THE MUSIC ON THIS HALLOWEEN STAGE

I don't know how much of that is actually possible considering they're relying on the stores of the respective platforms now.

Pachinko

That feel when you decide "maybe I'll buy a couple of costumes with real money" and realize they're 5.49$ canadian each.

You know there's just certain things I can't defend about this game. I really wish it had sold better so these microtransactions would have been just a bit cheaper.

Here's hoping they'll offer deluxe packs later on or even an upgrade deal next year , right doods ?

lupinko

Is the Halloween content a limited time thing?

Yes, until sometime in November.

I bought Ryu, Cammy and Vega, will get the remaining four later and will get the stage via FM since I'm close to 40k right now.

For Canucks, the Halloween costumes are $5.49, stage is $2.99/40k FM.

Yes, until sometime in November.

I bought Ryu, Cammy and Vega, will get the remaining four later and will get the stage via FM since I'm close to 40k right now.

For Canucks, the Halloween costumes are $5.49, stage is $2.99/40k FM.
Ugh. I really want some of these but $5.50 each is brutal.

Real talk man, I'm not a fan of any of these costumes. Most of the mods I've seen look better.
8023a517ff9c6a72b9dc263ee31e7b92.gif

Nothing ticks me off more than fighting people with a shitty connection even though I have it set to 5 bar only. And theyre majority Kens. Disgusting. Anyone on here up for a match?

Zackat

went on a winstreak and have gained all I lost from my nosedive.

I bought the cammy costume, really gonna try and get into playing her.

KingBroly

Banned
I don't know how much of that is actually possible considering they're relying on the stores of the respective platforms now.

You can't buy anything in their respective platforms' stores besides the Season Pass. Everything is done in-game. Starting there would be good.

Since Garrett Hawke has gone over to the dark side
(Overwatch)
, who's gonna be doing the next OT? We should really outline how there's now a cast of 22 characters and a lot of cosmetic DLC available.

vulva

S'cool. Maybe next time.

I'd love that!

GGs to the mysterious JoeyTones who I just played:

The Chun mirror is 7-3 for Chun, awful matchup since you have to deal with the bullshit you deal to everyone else and never get punished for.

In all seriousness, you had some good ideas and your execution was definitely on point in some of the most important regards (mainly the mk sbk combos, which I'm sure you saw me drop plenty of times). However there were other areas that I noticed you could improve. Your ialls tended to look a bit high up, I'm not sure what your input of choice is but I suggest practicing the headstomp cancel. This is doing 2369 then 2+mk. This lets you do the iall slightly lower because it cancels out of the headstomp and in to the legs. You most likely won't see the animation for the headstomp since it cancels basically instantly, but this allows you to do them a bit lower than you normally can.

As for an answer to them, part of the reason I didn't really do these much against you was because I didn't want to give away the secrets in the actual matches so I could win. That said, Chun has GREAT answers for iall. cr mp will go under them and hit meaty so you can go in to a cr lp combo after. St lk is also a solid answer, since at a distance it beats them clean and up close it trades but kills the momentum. If you're at a distance you can also sweep to get the knockdown. You can also use ex sbk to beat them if you feel that threatened by the pressure.

I also feel like I should tell you about something weird that you probably noticed in the match. How many times can you think of where you hit me on my wake up with like a cr lp, then went in to a combo only for me to sweep you midway? This is some really weird SFV tech that works for most characters. Basically I would wake up doing st mp and intentionally get counter hit. This pushed me out of the range of your combo and forced you to drop it so I could interrupt and punish.

This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSLGiRvd-Y demonstrates how it works with various characters and is definitely something worth noting. It's obviously risky (a couple times I got crush countered because of it) but it can really ruin someone's day at times. I've done it against Kens and then mashed super between to win games. It feels like playing with cheatcodes at times!

If you want to discuss anything more there's always the gaf fg discord which you can reach here and I can answer more things if you want. https://discord.gg/0k5FzWm2CUHh8pUV

Since Garrett Hawke has gone over to the dark side
(Overwatch)
, who's gonna be doing the next OT? We should really outline how there's now a cast of 22 characters and a lot of cosmetic DLC available.

I don't mind giving it a go, but we are still 3000 posts away from OT6.

lupinko

I saw two of the future missions are doing Hard and Extreme Survival Mode via the datamined post on event hubs.

They're just annoying and boring.

Top Bottom