• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Kashiwaba

GGs, need to spend more time against Rashid in the lab.
You were good just try not to be cornered by Rashid also Rashid long distance is very punishable and his close range isn't that good. middle range is where Rashid shines so never let him in that range.

lupinko

Do you get experience if you play against friends? Or use battle lounge?

I've never actually done that since I only play Ranked or Casual.

Grinding experience to level up is a lot better than 50 FM / win since a new level is 1000 FM.

Kashiwaba

Do you get experience if you play against friends? Or use battle lounge?

I've never actually done that since I only play Ranked or Casual.

Grinding experience to level up is a lot better than 50 FM / win since a new level is 1000 FM.
No exp is only from rank and casual.

Skilletor

Lol ask flux to play his Rog next time...you might have a chance...lol

His Mika is tough cuz he doesn't just go non stop crazy like most online Mikas, you have to really pay attention and try not to get caught by Irish whip or command grabs.

Nah, bodied me with both characters. Just a lot better than I am! :)

Skab

It kills me to say it considering how much I love the series, but this game may just not be for me.

Some of these match ups are the must frustrating things I've ever experienced in gaming. Like, I may as well just put the controller down, because theres no way I'm going to win vs someone like, say, Mika.

Done for the night. Not sure if I'll come back.

JayEH

It kills me to say it considering how much I love the series, but this game may just not be for me.

Some of these match ups are the must frustrating things I've ever experienced in gaming. Like, I may as well just put the controller down, because theres no way I'm going to win vs someone like, say, Mika.

what about mika do you find frustrating?

Kashiwaba

Bro you're playing as Bison(Dictator) lol you got a very steep uphill to climb my advise to you is to watch some YouTube videos for pro Bison players it will open up your mind for things you were not thinking about that's what i did after i started hitting a wall with Rashid and kept on losing.

pHand

Any ideas on the new 'puzzle' mission?

Bustling Side Street yet again. Destroy the neon sign. Not sure if you can just destroy a part of it, or if you need to destroy the whole thing so that none of it is lit up anymore.

Also interesting is that "Perform a counter 10 time(s)!" rewards 300 FM instead of 100. Still a little low, but better than the 100 those types of missions usually reward.

Seriously, what is it with the number of Zangief I've been fighting lately?! I went from barely ever encountering them last week to fighting more Zangief than Ryu in the last few days.

Was some major new tech discovered or am I just being punished for my hubris?

JayEH

Seriously, what is it with the number of Zangief I've been fighting lately?! I went from barely ever encountering them last week to fighting more Zangief than Ryu in the last few days.

Was some major new tech discovered or am I just being punished for my hubris?

I've been facing a lot too lately (horrible for me as balrog). I've noticed as I go higher in the ranks that I get less Ryus and Kens and more of the lesser used characters. Karins used to dominate bronze and silver but I haven't fought a karin in forever.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Because the character should just be named "Reads: The Character"

If you have good ones, great. If you don't, you're fucked. Also he can get zoned out pretty well unless he has meter/V-Trigger.

I zoned him so hard with my nash but then he got lucky with his chain grab and he comboed me and took all my health fast. I haven't fought him in a long time.

FluxWaveZ

God dammit. So Ken's DP xx V-Trigger crap is -5, huh? That changes everything; I didn't know that. What about his cr.MP xx V-Trigger? Where's a list of this stuff?

There's probably some stuff like that I'm confused about concerning his V-Skill, too.

Edit: Found a list. I'm gonna have to pay attention to this kind of info.

JayEH

he's super plus on most things after v trigger really. dp is one of the few exceptions. that's why ultradavid is always complaining about ken lol.

Holy Shit, he's minus on everything with that run-cancel. And here I thought his heavy normals were safe when he did it.

Only st.hp on hit is +

I love the Shadaloo Base at Night stage. Really makes the level of detail on the characters "pop" in a way other stages just don't. And there's also no crap going in the background and it's a night-time stage!

Also that Spooky Arena music is legit. At least the round 1 version. Round 2 version music could pass for a Vanilla SF4 stage.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think they said daily missions would allow you to get one character a month, but considering how long it took them to put it out, I think plans changed. They don't even fill up the screen (which would be 5).
What? You think they planned to give away one character a month? They could just make them free then, that's ridiculous.
Where do you even get something like that from? Definitely not from common sense.

God dammit. So Ken's DP xx V-Trigger crap is -5, huh? That changes everything; I didn't know that. What about his cr.MP xx V-Trigger? Where's a list of this stuff?

There's probably some stuff like that I'm confused about concerning his V-Skill, too.

Edit: Found a list. I'm gonna have to pay attention to this kind of info.
Kens entire v-skill pressure from blocked normals is not safe. But it's not always easy to react to it the ken mixes it up. And with you trying to punish it turns into a big opportunity for you or the Ken to get a counter hit. Hint most Kens like to surprise run off of c.mp

Dp canceled into V-trigger is just to avoid big crush counter damage, you should always punish that.

Then go do that. Please.

It's hilarious that you're talking about a fan base bitching when 95% of your posts in this thread are just that. Of those other games have features and mechanics you want, why are you constantly playing and complaining about this game?

You only ever see me complain about the game's netcode and R.Mika's clap.

mitchlol

The online ken special. Run into DP mixed with run into grab. Sprinkle on a bad connection and it feels like it isn't even worth trying.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Backdash should be invincible again and should all be identical so no Rose Backdash. It's usless 95% of the time because of meaty Crush Counters. It can still be countered during it's recovery.

Jab AA needsnto be tone down. There is no weakness to the move and leave them in advantage opponents forcing to block or tech. They should increase the knock back with 3-4 frames moves being able to hit after a dash depending what the opponent press.

Bring back footsies. It's stupid how big R.mika's hitbox on her clap and beating sweeps and Cr.mk at max range.

Skilletor

You literally just said back dashes are useless. You were complaining about Nash and his vtrig and reversal just a page ago. Almost every single post you make in this thread is bitching about something.

Just how long has this whole 40006 error been going on during online matches? Feels like the past month.
I cant remember if I saw/heard it last night when I was on, but it's almost become part of the post match audio/visual presentation now. I usually blame my internet, it has a lot to answer for.

I cant remember if I saw/heard it last night when I was on, but it's almost become part of the post match audio/visual presentation now. I usually blame my internet, it has a lot to answer for.
Same here. I just noticed that I'd grown accustomed to hearing it. Do we still get character level points and fight money? I've been level 36 for a minute now lol

Same here. I just noticed that I'd grown accustomed to hearing it. Do we still get character level points and fight money? I've been level 36 for a minute now lol

Yeah, all the finished matches are stored and updated on the server, it just takes so long that the game just gives up trying and throws up that error, but it definitely gets updated.

You can wait a few seconds after finishing the match and then check your own profile by pressing Square in the main menu or just manually opening to double check.

Yeah, all the finished matches are stored and updated on the server, it just takes so long that the game just gives up trying and throws up that error, but it definitely gets updated.

You can wait a few seconds after finishing the match and then check your own profile by pressing Square in the main menu or just manually opening to double check.
Thank goodness! I need my level 50 FANG color. Thanks for that bit of info!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Often it gets updated within seconds. Like by the time you're back at the main manu, it happened. Looks very fixable!?

Farewell

I've still my problems with the OS jump, can anyone explain to me if i'm supposed to hold down-back till my character stands up and then do throw + up-back?
If i do that my character rarely blocks but always jumps or tech throws.

Watched the youtube videos and instructions on reddit but still don't understand it.

I just want to know how long i need to hold the down-back direction

Edit: I'm playing Birdie

Speaking about this I haven't been able to view my or anyone else's previous matches thru the fighter profile in a LONG time. I go to the tab and I just stare at the buffer icon for 5 minutes and nothing. :(

Producer

I've still my problems with the OS jump, can anyone explain to me if i'm supposed to hold down-back till my character stands up and then do throw + up-back?
If i do that my character rarely blocks but always jumps or tech throws.

Watched the youtube videos and instructions on reddit but still don't understand it.

I just want to know how long i need to hold the down-back direction

Edit: I'm playing Birdie

No, you're not supposed to hold it that long. You just hold downback for a split second and then up back + tech. This OS only blocks meaties, a delayed meaty (or mistimed one heh) will beat it.

Top Bottom