• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Producer

He can't link s.lp into s.mp or cr.mp unless it's a counter hit. s.mk works regularly.

FANG isn't so much about damage as he is about frametraps, pressure and zoning.

He can, i just tried it out in training. But yeah his frametraps are pretty decieving, i just lost badly to a fang earlier today and i didnt realize how plus he was on some normals.

Dahbomb

GGs bro...your Urien is already pretty solid...scary combos with V-trigger.

Some things I think are getting nerfed.

- Ryu Jab
- necallis Jab
- jabs stopping AA and X-up in general
- Kens X-up tastu outside of Vtrigger
- Mikas clap always putting you in the corner (beta version was balanced)
- Chun AA options

All I can think of really. I think Capcom will be looking to buff more in season 2
I think some jump ins like Ryu's j.LK are really annoying too.

He can, i just tried it out in training. But yeah his frametraps are pretty decieving, i just lost badly to a fang earlier today and i didnt realize how plus he was on some normals.
He can't and I just tried it out in training. All three link after St.lp if it's a counter hit but only St.mk links if it isn't. It is +5 on hit and St.mk is 5 frames. Cr.mp is 6 frames, St.mp is 7.

Producer

He can't and I just tried it out in training. All three link after St.lp if it's a counter hit but only St.mk links if it isn't. It is +5 on hit and St.mk is 5 frames. Cr.mp is 6 frames, St.mp is 7.

If you first hit the dummy with a point blank cMP, you'll be in perfect range to do the LP , MP link. I tried it out on several characters lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think some jump ins like Ryu's j.LK are really annoying too.
It's broken. It beats good well timed anti-airs clean for no apparent reason and might be the best jump-in normal in the game. And of course Ryu is one of the few characters that can actually get good hit-confirmable damage off of a light jump-in.

If you first hit the dummy with a point blank cMP, you'll be in perfect range to do the LP , MP link. I tried it out on several characters lol
Holy shit it works. Though only at the maximum possible range which seems to be after a cr.mp.

This is weird.

Edit: it also works after a point blank cr.mk xx cr.lp

Edit2: though I'm questioning if it's even worth it. Cr.mp is very minus on block, and cr.mk xx cr.lp is not a true block string so if the cr.lp hits, it's a counter hit and hence the enemy is pushed too far for the St.lp

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What does the game's tier list look so far?
Something like this:

RB:
CulZZoyWgAAWqHV.jpg:large

Ultra David:

Guess what David's character is

Tizoc

Thanks mate.
EDIT: Why is Chunners seen to be too good in this game for?

BTW when does the Halloween stage unlock? I already 'bought' it from the store but I can't play in it.

There is one thing about ChunLi that irks me to no fucking end.

The fact that if you manage to hit and confirm into a move as she's jumping for the IA legs, the special will whiff as she gets out of the jump.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There is one thing about ChunLi that irks me to no fucking end.

The fact that if you manage to hit and confirm into a move as she's jumping for the IA legs, the special will whiff as she gets out of the jump.
That happens with every character if they are airborne.

That happens with every character if they are airborne.
But no character jumps as much when They're right in my face as Chun Li does. And other characters have predictable jumps that can also be anti aired.

EDIT: When she's actually in the air and "air legging", I can anti air it just fine. I can deal with her pressure and everything, it's just when I get a "read" and she's trying to jump and I managed to hit a cr.mp xx light sotoja, the sotoja whiffs and I'm in punish city. Just one of those midly annoying things.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They should get the Best of III team to do a weekly Capcom show. They basically did it already anway. Do it.

Why this one? Chun's always had godlike antiairs and she doesn't have a DP to anti-air for free like Ryu and Necalli. I think they're more likely to nerf her IAL. It could easily be -1 and still be good (still force a trade against the half of the cast that don't have a 3f normal and already beats throw tech into full combo).
Nah they are too plentiful. She has like 3 good AA normals, it's overkill, she need a weakness, a minor one, but some type of weakness. Right now it's like Chun is Akuma lol, her weakness is she doesn't have the highest health.

Something like this:

RB:

Ultra David:

meh Ryu is better than Ken, and so is Nash IMO. Other than that, not a bad list. I think a lot of matches will be more even with just a variety of Supers and additional v-skills. I'm hoping Capcom fleshed out the cast instead of nerfing things.

Derpy stuff like ryu lk or stand jabs stopping x-up gotta go tho lol

mbpm1

Nah they are too plentiful. She has like 3 good AA normals, it's overkill, she need a weakness, a minor one, but some type of weakness. Right now it's like Chun is Akuma lol, her weakness is she doesn't have the highest health.

And she has 950 too. It's barely a difference

no command throw dawg, how can she open people up??

Something like this:

RB:

Ultra David:

I can't see how Ken is considered high in the list. Momochi is the only one who I see who can perform well with him because he doesn't press buttons like Chris T or many of the Ken players I see online.

Also Fuck Chun

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I can't see how Ken is considered high in the list. Momochi is the only one who I see who can perform well with him because he doesn't press buttons like Chris T or many of the Ken players I see online.
There are a few in every region. The Trinity, Ryan Hart, Dark Jiewa, Eita, Lupe.
That's more than many other characters have. But if Momochi is your standard then other characters also only have one good player.

And she has 950 too. It's barely a difference
yea lol

no command throw dawg, how can she open people up??
Lol...she has no chance against guile!

Nah but I think Chun doesn't get complained about more because she's just not derpy. Like she has great tools the stuff she can jab into is crazy and you can't jump on a good Chun often or you better have great reaction time cuz they are going to reset after the AA hits. Still the Chun player has to be good. You can just block all her crap with good defense, she isn't C.Viper burn kicking every second and you can't tell where her feet are. I used to play a good viper called IeatfriedPikmin and I never felt this guy is waaay better than me, he just had crazy mixups with Viper and it was hard to react to. No one in SFV has that. Even Rashid & Ibuki can be defended against with just a little familiarity. So yeah SFV IMO is crazy balanced, characters just need to be fleshed out. I think everyone having both a 2 & 3 bar trigger and taking out the obvious strong tools is a great start.

Ken is really strong but like SF4 requires a high skill level to play. You have to learn to hit confirm off of both his target combos from the first hit alone and you have to be on point with crush counters. Ken is very reactionary based and counter hit character, not easy but can be terrible for you in the right hands. He's really strong but I think mostly balanced IMO. The only nerf might be how good his x-up tatsu is outside of Trigger. His fake thunder kick is too slow to be useful as well, I would love for that to be faster.

Just look at this play...this is why I can't play anything but shoto

https://youtu.be/350GM2WIz9o

mbpm1

Desk examines the Urien Reflected Fireball glitch, discovers even more weird shit

/Unsolved mysteries theme plays

I used to play a good viper called IeatfriedPikmin and I never felt this guy is waaay better than me, he just had crazy mixups with Viper and it was hard to react to. No one in SFV has that.

This is definitely true, but in SFIV I had Ultra Ken and could lolstepkick my way in and mix Viper up with Kara throw/Delayed Kara Throw/cr. mk/overhead/mp DP so it felt balance to me lol

yea lol

Ken is really strong but like SF4 requires a high skill level to play. You have to learn to hit confirm off of both his target combos from the first hit alone and you have to be on point with crush counters. Ken is very reactionary based and counter hit character, not easy but can be terrible for you in the right hands. He's really strong but I think mostly balanced IMO. The only nerf might be how good his x-up tatsu is outside of Trigger. His fake thunder kick is too slow to be useful as well, I would love for that to be faster.

Just look at this play...this is why I can't play anything but shoto

https://youtu.be/350GM2WIz9o

https://youtu.be/a6TewwONlSM?t=367

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

Kikirin

Holy shit it works. Though only at the maximum possible range which seems to be after a cr.mp.

This is weird.

The science behind it is that the last active frame (frame 6) of st.lp has a different / slightly further reaching hitbox than its earlier active frames. Being able to space it to connect with just that puts him at +7/+4 on hit/block.

The science behind it is that the last active frame (frame 6) of st.lp has a different / slightly further reaching hitbox than its earlier active frames. Being able to space it to connect with just that puts him at +7/+4 on hit/block.
Huh cool. Pretty situational tech but still tech nonetheless.

I just had PTSD flashbacks when he DP'd after the blocked st.hk

Also I still don't get why his cr.mp is such a good anti air.

The tatsu beating the lariat made me sigh
Yea I don't get why lariat is so trash

Also I should have said requires high skill level to compete against good players. You can do damage with any shoto early on, but that DP nonsense will get you killed in high level. That Ken was scrubby and so was that zangief. Proves my point

mbpm1

Also I should have said requires high skill level to compete against good players. You can do damage with any shoto early on, but that DP nonsense will get you killed in high level. That Ken was scrubby and so was that zangief. Proves my point

Uh, no

Actually Itabashi is widely regarded the best performing Gief in the world. Placed higher than pretty much any other Gief at high level tournaments across Asia and the world and commonly gets within top 32

3f tatsu and a jump in without a hurtbox baybeeeeeeeee
Ken has no 3F normal though, and did you check his frame data?

Laura can bully you with safe strings much more than Ken can.

Like I said, only thing derpy about Ken is how good his Tatsu is because it changes his trajectory. You guys just need to practice more if Ken is giving you trouble. His play style is heavy on risk and very exploitable

JayEH

top tiers arguing about who is the toppiest tier smh. the rest of us plebs just praying for slight buffs. #IncreaseRogThrowRange

Itabashi Zangief is many things but scrubby is something I would not call him.

Actually Itabashi is widely regarded the best performing Gief in the world. Placed higher than pretty much anybody else at high level tournaments
@lucebruce @mbpm That's cool, he wasn't performing well at all then, cuz that was derpy Ken play that should have been punished, he didn't even punish a blocked sweep.

Producer

Air Tatsu is strong, but Chun can still stuff it, especially in V-trigger. And you can't complain about Chun man, it's CHUN! Lol...

Nah she really cant. sLK just outright whiffs lol, vtrigger or not. bHK can work but that AA is just not too reliable.

Outside of sLK her other AAs arent anywhere as good. Except for ex sbk but that cost meter and you have to time it right if you want all the hits

Nah she really cant. sLK just outright whiffs lol, vtrigger or not. bHK can work but that AA is just not too reliable.

Outside of sLK her other AAs arent anywhere as good. Except for ex sbk but that cost meter and you have to time it right if you want all the hits
ive played Chuns that consistently stopped it, and in trigger you basically can't jump on Chun period. She also has decent Air to air, it's not some impossible thing to stop man

Also that Ken player was playing derpy for the exact reason that it's unexpected. It was super high risk and only useful in a quick set. If that was ft10 that gief would have killed him.

Anyway I'm done because I can already see where this is going, "you only win cuz of your character" nonsense. No one in the entire game has thins you just CANT deal with. Even Chun li is really not that hard a match for a lot of the casts.

Top Bottom