• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mbpm1

Ken's tatsu isn't impossible to stop, it's just that it's Ken's version of air lightning legs, which can be annoying for most of the same reasons.

@lucebruce @mbpm That's cool, he wasn't performing well at all then, cuz that was derpy Ken play that should have been punished, he didn't even punish a blocked sweep.

The derpy Ken play is probably what threw him off. Same shit happens to me online when I play against Kens. I can't properly explain it but you just kinda freeze up and are not sure what to do because you're not sure know what your opponent is gonna do.
And I know, I know, adaptation is key, but there just something about that matchup that puts the fear into my heart before the round even starts.

Producer

ive played Chuns that consistently stopped it, and in trigger you basically can't jump on Chun period. She also has decent Air to air, it's not some impossible thing to stop man

Not impossible, but it can be real hard with a Ken that mixes it up. Air to airs are good, too bad i suck at them haha

The derpy Ken play is probably what threw him off. Same shit happens to me online when I play against Kens. I can't properly explain it but you just kinda freeze up and are not sure what to do because you're not sure know what your opponent is gonna do.
And I know, I know, adaptation is key, but there just something about that matchup that puts the fear into my heart before the round even starts.
Yes fully agreed. Derpy works sometimes, but it's just not consistent. Think about how much damage you can take off Ken if you catch him running or coming down from a DP. It's high risk/high reward.

Not impossible, but it can be real hard with a Ken that mixes it up. Air to airs are good, too bad i suck at them haha
Me too, but Chun has some good stuff for air to air, definitely worth practicing. Laura as well, she has an elbow that stuff everything in the air!

I think it's worth practicing it might save you having to deal with nonsense.

Matter fact I see Momochi doing jump back low kick a lot so it must be an option select with throw. But I wonder how good Ken's lk is in air to air, has a weird animation is foot is above his head lol.

Marvel

could never
I know I'm shit at SFV and my own MS disability aside, Cammy feels trash.

Like fucking terrible, it feels like so much of her arsenal is free. Just jab her and she is stuffed. I think I legit hate her guts. I am stunned at how vulnerable she truly is I can't believe just how much of her moveset is fucked up my 1 jab.

She also has the butt
I don't mind getting it by the butt tho...

If I met a Laura is real life..hmmmmmm

Also what's up with Cammy? She's like really strong, but sometimes I just own her? Same with sim, although I usually lose vs sim. But when I win, it's a dominating round.

Marvel

could never
I should have listened lol.

Sorry Cammy mains I know there are Gods out there with her but yeah... moving on now. Thought I'd at least try her out.

Producer

Me too, but Chun has some good stuff for air to air, definitely worth practicing. Laura as well, she has an elbow that stuff everything in the air!

I think it's worth practicing it might save you having to deal with nonsense.

Matter fact I see Momochi doing jump back low kick a lot so it must be an option select with throw. But I wonder how good Ken's lk is in air to air, has a weird animation is foot is above his head lol.

Theres matches where i just try to focus on air to airing but man its so tough. Im just gonna chalk it up to the 8f and not my own skill like a good american

Sayad

Ken is always like that though, all shotos really besides specialized ones. Easy to pick up and be good with, start to struggle at mid skill if your game relies on setups and DP, and then they are top tier at high level. There's a reason only Momochi has as much success with Ken.
Huh! There are 5 Ken players in top 32 CPT points, no other character have more representation!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Like fucking terrible, it feels like so much of her arsenal is free. Just jab her and she is stuffed. I think I legit hate her guts. I am stunned at how vulnerable she truly is I can't believe just how much of her moveset is fucked up my 1 jab.
I feel like you've said that before, but go watch SCR with Xiao Hai and KBrad. Not much getting stuffed there.

I should have listened lol.

Sorry Cammy mains I know there are Gods out there with her but yeah... moving on now. Thought I'd at least try her out.
Cammy is at her core an incredibly offensive, "poke and prod" kind of character. If you don't have that offensive mindset then you were definitely not going to like her.

Edzi

Not this again.

mbpm1

Cammy is at her core an incredibly offensive, "poke and prod" kind of character. If you don't have that offensive mindset then you were definitely not going to like her.

She also demands you have a strong sense of risk and reward as well as fundamentals

You need to know when to DP, when to use your incredibly slow v-skill, when to use your divekick or your normal jump, etc

But when you put it all together she's nuts

She also demands you have a strong sense of risk and reward as well as fundamentals
Most definitely.

She also requires good reactions to be able to confirm into stuff since you need to be able to capitalize off of whatever opening you get.

Definitely one of the more difficult characters to play as on a more fundamental level.

Marvel

could never
I feel bad for calling her trash now lol...

Jumped in expecting to do well because I learned her swanky combos, got bopped all day. :p

Most definitely.

She also requires good reactions to be able to confirm into stuff since you need to be able to capitalize off of whatever opening you get.

Definitely one of the more difficult characters to play as on a more fundamental level.
I think Cammy, Fang, and Gief are the highest execution characters in the game to succeed at high level. But they are really fun to watch when you see it

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
No one is as consistent as Momochi man...

And genuine question why are you stopping at 35?
And no Nash is as good as Infiltration's and no Mika as Fuudo's. Weird argument lol.
Also, 32 is the cut-off for CPT. That's my guess. Pretty good number to get an overview.

CYnFDVpWkAE8UpF.png

Marvel

could never
I was waiting for that image, bro aha!

So you guys have set me straight on her, I appreciate that. Totally had the wrong mentality with her usage.

I want Momochi to win CPT so we can finally get a good Ken outfit.
It would be so damn funny if Momochi wins Capcom Cup then asks Capcpom to give him a shitty costume on purpose.
I was waiting for that image, bro aha!

So you guys have set me straight on her, I appreciate that. Totally had the wrong mentality with her usage.
The only character that I would consider trash tier right now is Zangief, and that changes when he's against a character that doesn't zone.

mbpm1

I've played against Itazan. I've seen him churn that stick so hard inbetween blockstrings that I thought the joystick would come off.

But it never came off

That's the mark of a good player. Knowing when to to mash, and when to hold off to save your stick.

GoaThief

Luckily Marvel is pretty offensive!

I played a fair chunk of Cammy in IV after Juri got ruined in Ultra, tried her first in V and ditched almost straight away. She didn't gel with me at all.

Eita is a pretty consistent Ken too. Almost always makes top 8, stacked tourneys too. Julio has more points but he mostly went to LA and NA events. Same with Chris T
Yeah that's what I thought as well. The tourneys I watch only Momochi makes it deep, everything I've seen the other Ken's win have been less packed with talented players. But yeah eita gets in there too. He's super good though. He plays more wreckless but it's calculated.

But I digress, Ken is always placed in the top 5, he's super strong, I'm not arguing against it. My only point is it's still hard to succeed with him at high level, just like Nash, just like Ryu, just like Chun. His derpy play is harder to pull off than most people give credit for IMO, you basically have to turn into Birdie with the reads lol.

Either way, that's my only point, if anyone disagrees with that, agree to disagree.

ive played Chuns that consistently stopped it, and in trigger you basically can't jump on Chun period. She also has decent Air to air, it's not some impossible thing to stop man

Also that Ken player was playing derpy for the exact reason that it's unexpected. It was super high risk and only useful in a quick set. If that was ft10 that gief would have killed him.

Anyway I'm done because I can already see where this is going, "you only win cuz of your character" nonsense. No one in the entire game has thins you just CANT deal with. Even Chun li is really not that hard a match for a lot of the casts.
idk breh
I know he could've V-Reversal'd but he still has to hold all dat

Marvel

could never
Luckily Marvel is pretty offensive!

I played a fair chunk of Cammy in IV after Juri got ruined in Ultra, tried her first in V and ditched almost straight away. She didn't gel with me at all.
True I am ultra aggressive as you and the boys know in pretty much any character I choose to use, however it really is getting me into trouble. I'm slowly learning when to cease my turn and when it should be mine.

Combos are fine, got those. But having a real hard time opening people up who have great defense.

And tbh I focus way too much on combos and their execution, I forget basic fundementals and actually playing SF because I am desperate for that big dmg.

lol that's getting close, and I dunno how many times Chun players closed the round on me with instant over heads, but Fang can do it too.

If you do block it can you punish her on the way down?
FANG can't do the stomp again or do IA when he's in the air. If he fucked up the overhead, then's he in the air. Let's not pretend it's quite the same thing because Nash,Cammy,Ryu, hell most of the cast has "instant overheads" but they again, have to stay in the air with that missed normal.

mbpm1

I still have to remember Juri has an Instant OH

Chun stole Seth's Stomp/dive mixup. I wonder who wanted to put that in.

FANG can't do the stomp again or do IA when he's in the air. If he fucked up the overhead, then's he in the air. Let's not pretend it's quite the same thing because Nash,Cammy,Ryu, hell most of the cast has "instant overheads" but they again, have to stay in the air with that missed normal.
FookAthailand that is really good then. Gonna have to v-reversal or pray I guess hahahahaa

Still at least Chuns are dominating the top 8 at every event. I would really like to play a long set versus some good Chuns.

And please where are all the sims?!!

Top Bottom