• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

How does the singular fact that if they are top tier or not affect how fun a character is? Wouldn't it be their play mechanics/style and move set?
I just meant the characters that are currently considered "top tier" are characters that I don't enjoy playing. Tiers don't necessarily have anything to do with it.

lucebuce the lowtiergod of gaf?
Get that ass poisoned.
Why can't i get better at this game man
Getting better is a slow and steady process with a LOT of salt in between.

JayEH

Ok I think I've finally reached the point where I just laugh when I get rage quit on. Horrible Ryu named DragonPunch1000 who of course dps any chance he gets quits on me.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
[

Yes most of the time.

Awesome then, I'm glad

There is daily challenges where their is few challenges to do every week like do 10 counters or 10 combos....etc.

Yeah, noticed that and done the 3 that were active atm

While you are connected to each other, the netcode used for this is called "rollback" which means that if the actions on both people's screens aren't fully synched, the person who's ahead will have their move happen and then "rolled-back". Like you did a hadoken and it looked like it hit but actually he was blocking and when it synched back, he actually did block it. It's a bit of a weird netcode since it allows 5 bar connections to be pretty much flawless but some of the "worse" connections do become a tad bit more unplayable as a result. But as long as you keep playing people with decent connections, you should be good.

Oh yeah, rollback, I remember learning about that when I was dabbling with a program called GGPO to enable online play for emulated games and that would use this particular netcode (iirc made by the Shoryuken forums guy? Not sure about the last bit but it was seriously ages ago, if not 10 years then close)... didn't know it was a thing for "mainstream" releases too

Set it to "ask" instead of directly connecting since sometimes you can get some weird people with connections that only give 1 bar.

Will do!

Also, make sure to connect your PS4 to the internet through a wired connection. If you use a router, connect your PS4 directly to it. Allows you to still maintain a decent connection if you have internet fast enough to handle multiple people using it at the same time.

I live alone but wired for online play in anything very framesync-dependent has always been a must to me, so yeah I play wired.

I can help you with this, I'm in EU.

Cool, I'll shoot you a friend request then?

Edzi

Jesus, is it just me or is Alex v. Balrog insanely hard for Alex. There's no way in once he starts keeping his distance, and it seems like all of his moves are safe enough where I can't even throw out a light attack.

I'll play in a bit just give me a couple mins after I finish this match.

Already done?

JayEH

GGs edzi. I was actually thinking this was a hard match for Rog tbh lol. I'm glad I was able to get a long set with you though it let me try some things out I hadn't been able to do in matchmaking. I was getting steamrolled by Alexs all week.

Edzi

GGs edzi. I was actually thinking this was a hard match for Rog tbh lol. I'm glad I was able to get a long set with you though it let me try some things out I hadn't been able to do in matchmaking. I was getting steamrolled by Alexs all week.

Nah, I was only winning at first because you kept pressing buttons. Once you started to hold back and keep your distance there was no way back in. GGs.

Yeah I'm done. Goodbye, Street Fighter.

See you tomorrow.

JayEH

Nah, I was only winning at first because you kept pressing buttons. Once you started to hold back and keep your distance there was no way back in. GGs.

yeah i was being stubborn about that. most people forget rog has a 3f normal so I tend to abuse it on wake up. Alex has really good buttons you can use that to stop dash punches. You were letting me continually get in that way. If you just neutral jump or press buttons more often that's an easy way to stop all my offense. Man I didn't realize until that set that you could anti air the headbutt move. CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Let the salt drive you to get better.

What is it that you keep having trouble with? Do you want to run some sets with people here to try to diagnosis the problem? Maybe you need a character change?

Edzi

yeah i was being stubborn about that. most people forget rog has a 3f normal so I tend to abuse it on wake up. Alex has really good buttons you can use that to stop dash punches. You were letting me continually get in that way. If you just neutral jump or press buttons more often that's an easy way to stop all my offense. Man I didn't realize until that set that you could anti air the headbutt move. CHANGES EVERYTHING.

What is it that you keep having trouble with? Do you want to run some sets with people here to try to diagnosis the problem? Maybe you need a character change?

Alex is baaad man, you can deal with anything he has.

DYgDx.gif

DD-11

God, what's with all these obvious smurf accounts? Level 10, character 10 silver ryu drops nothing, does everything. Gtfo

Edzi

Good to see jackrabbit Ryu's are still roaming Gold on ranked and that they're still unbeatable.

It also seems like the primary strategy is hold forward and mash all the buttons, more so than it was before. I'm really struggling to react to anything. Hopping onto ranked with Alex was a mistake, been dropping leagues like crazy lol

Kashiwaba

He mains Dictator i don't think i have to explain anything else lol.

Marvel

could never
God, what's with all these obvious smurf accounts? Level 10, character 10 silver ryu drops nothing, does everything. Gtfo
It's sneaky indeed but there is also a reason for lots of smurfs in silver and below. I watched an UltraChen vid where he was saying it's good for highlevel players to go back and face... scrubs (myself lol) to learn how to deal with that style.

Not my fav word to use but it is true, some of us lower level players simply do not play like the good people, which sometimes can blow em up with our random bs. So they practice fighting nuts lol

But it is frustrating indeed, I don't really enjoy getting bodied by an obvious smurf so I try not to focus on getting a win and just try to learn what I can from the very brief match.

Steroyd

It's sneaky indeed but there is also a reason for lots of smurfs in silver and below. I watched an UltraChen vid where he was saying it's good for highlevel players to go back and face... scrubs (myself lol) to learn how to deal with that style.

Not my fav word to use but it is true, some of us lower level players simply do not play like the good people, which sometimes can blow em up with our random bs. So they practice fighting nuts lol

But it is frustrating indeed, I don't really enjoy getting bodied by an obvious smurf so I try not to focus on getting a win and just try to learn what I can from the very brief match.

This is true, the more I learn on how to get 'better' with things like frame advantage, frame traps, tic throws, meaties etc, the more I get blown up by some random crazy ass Ken who DP's everything, or people who wake up super, or worse does a super after a blocked roundhouse which is -4 on block, fuck you random Alex player I'm still salty about that shit.

I'm still scrub level myself, but goddamn, the more you learn the worse you get trying to implement it.

Spman2099

6.5 frames now though. everyone should have leveled up automatically.

I can't wait until the lag is the same as it was in SFIV so that we can hear people still complain about how laggy the game is...

Hopping onto ranked with Alex was a mistake, been dropping leagues like crazy lol

Yeah, I am struggling to stay a silver league player with Alex. I love the character, but I am still pretty terrible with him.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's become one of my favorite things to try to react to stuff like Ken's run or Bison's dash. That sweet little counter-hit pop-up makes it worth it.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I don't mind getting it by the butt tho...

If I met a Laura is real life..hmmmmmm

Also what's up with Cammy? She's like really strong, but sometimes I just own her? Same with sim, although I usually lose vs sim. But when I win, it's a dominating round.

They have 900 health.

Chun should really have 900 health if they arent going to bother fixing anything else, and air legs need to be - on block always.

Fucking Lol at anyone that doesn't think Ken is minimum Top 5. Shoto with a Dive Kick, sure, sounds fair and good

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Mike made like two tweets after that announcement and they're all fire. He's finally free.
Someone should get him on a talkshow asap before a new contract silences him again.

Almost made a topic about this, but I don't want another FGC shitflinging topic.

t34r0TN.jpg

Yahoo eSports dude tries to wish Mike Ross well, and Mike "I Just Quit Twitch" Ross isn't having that bullshit after his racist ass joke.

https://twitter.com/Bizarro_Mike/status/788610847765659648

Part starts at 11:45.

https://esports.yahoo.com/mike-ross-zhi-discuss-highs-171954283.html

Like come on, dude.

Double edit: Nah, shit is real.

Can you transcribe whats on the video?

edit: ah, fried chicken joke. smh.

myco666

This is true, the more I learn on how to get 'better' with things like frame advantage, frame traps, tic throws, meaties etc, the more I get blown up by some random crazy ass Ken who DP's everything, or people who wake up super, or worse does a super after a blocked roundhouse which is -4 on block, fuck you random Alex player I'm still salty about that shit.

I'm still scrub level myself, but goddamn, the more you learn the worse you get trying to implement it.

It is a high level Alex tactic though. Nothing scrubby about it.

mbpm1

If you're not absolutely sure you're in range/timing to punish things against those guys, you gotta just let those moves go and not hit things, -4 or not.

A hard lesson to learn

Pompadour

Chen has a point but I wish there was a better way to get that experience. I feel like the biggest difference between low level and intermediate players is low level players throw out unsafe stuff all the time (think of all the Vanilla SF4 Kens). And a big difference between intermediate and advanced players is a lot of players throw in unsafe stuff because the intermediate mindset is one of being overly cautious.

Almost made a topic about this, but I don't want another FGC shitflinging topic.

Yahoo eSports dude tries to wish Mike Ross well, and Mike "I Just Quit Twitch" Ross isn't having that bullshit after his racist ass joke.

https://twitter.com/Bizarro_Mike/status/788610847765659648

Part starts at 11:45.

https://esports.yahoo.com/mike-ross-zhi-discuss-highs-171954283.html

Like come on, dude.

Double edit: Nah, shit is real.

welp time to hit that block button smfh

Mizerman

Top Bottom