• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Region restriction is a great idea. But according to most people's experience, region matching is inherent in the existing matchmaking. I can't remember if you answered this a while ago, but do you play at odd times of day when the pool of other US players is likely to be small? How old is your current PC and network equipment?

The motherboard has packet shaping software? Is that a thing? edit: i looked it up, I guess it just comes included with the other software

I know you want your experience to be better, but I gotta say that using third party stuff to mess with your network seems just as likely to screw the game up as to improve it. We can all acknowledge that SFV is probably coded out of toothpicks and chewing gum. I wouldn't introduce additional factors if I could help it.

I usually play in the morning or late afternoon. The only issue that should be causing problems on my side is using Uverse. At worse ping would be a little over 100 ping when matched from someone in the west coast and 60 in the East.

The only issue I found using region restriction was being paired up with the same opponent 5 times in a row. With Sfv having cross play it shouldn't be that big of an issue. But the game should have a lobby to stop that FM farmer that always appear in casual. Dealing with lag in 3rd strike even with 200 ping was a minor issue because I can change the input delay.

I can't stand Uverse personally. I've always had people that use them that have nothing but issues. Obviously that is anecdotal at best and there are always other factors in play but I've had a bad experience with them to say the least. I am in OC so we aren't too far apart.

Farewell

Being in Ultra Gold, it's becoming harder to find good connection in Casual. I was matched up by someone from Switzerland and a two jabs I combo was denied by rollback.

Yea same for me, i hate it. I've also the feeling that the connection has gotten worse lately. I wish i could play local only, but none of my friends play this game. Other than that i really love this game.

3 bars is usually perfectly fine 99% of the time for me. Sometimes I'll get someone from brazil and I'll get some lag. 4-5 bars is nearly perfect all the time.

i only play 5 bars. i can't tolarate any shit anymore. solves most problems but not all. sometimes you'll still notice micro rollback from synch issues.

Producer

I use 4-5 bars setting and like 90% of matches are good. I used to put it at 5 only but there wasnt any noticable difference for me.

Coda

I use 4-5 bars setting and like 90% of matches are good. I used to put it at 5 only but there wasnt any noticable difference for me.

Yeah 4-5 is usually good. I always have it on "Ask" confirmation though because a lot of times it shows the connection as 3 bars instead of 4-5.

Kashiwaba

Yeah 4-5 is usually good. I always have it on "Ask" confirmation though because a lot of times it shows the connection as 3 bars instead of 4-5.
I do 4-5 when i play in the evening and 3-5 when i play late night or any other odd time for my region i never face any problems 90% of the time even i play Brazilians and people from UK and i live in North Western Ontario which somehow considered East coast but closer to the center.

Marvel

could never
i'm super silver
I was an Ultra Silver, but got bopped down to Silver because I was silly and stubborn with trying out characters I had yet to fully understand. That was many months ago, I now just play casual to level myself up a bit and shake the rust off from playing a lot of Destiny lol.

Also Chen has literally in the last couple days taught me to not give a shit about the points, stop obsessing over them and play to learn. It'll all come natrually over time as you add shit to your gameplan/execution/setups. I also force myself to watch my replays of losses which makes me want to yak but it must be done hahaha.

I'd like to get to Gold and stay there one day, but for now it's out of my mind.

Vice

Whenever I launch SFV windows 10 locks up. It's been that way for the last few days. Bioshock, Overwatch and Compny of heroes 2 run fine though. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and had the same issues.

That was happening to me last week. The only solution is to delete the save folder. The only thing you have to deal with is the game patching itself to the latest update and going through the tutorial.

I'd found similar suggestions after googling from around 8 months ago. I was just a bit worried that I'd lose my DLC.

edit: Tried deleting the folder. Didn't work.

remz

I'd found similar suggestions after googling from around 8 months ago. I was just a bit worried that I'd lose my DLC.

edit: Tried deleting the folder. Didn't work.

Try running as admin? maybe try under a different user account? I had the same thing and deleted that appdata folder fixed it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Whenever I launch SFV windows 10 locks up. It's been that way for the last few days. Bioshock, Overwatch and Compny of heroes 2 run fine though. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and had the same issues.
Rootkit has been eliminated right?
Edit: wrong quote.

AlphaRubby

Neo Member
Hello everybody. Just new to NeoGAF, but I figured things would be interesting to post here.

Hoping things go well here. Looking forward to chatting with you people.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hello everybody. Just new to NeoGAF, but I figured things would be interesting to post here.

Hoping things go well here. Looking forward to chatting with you people.

Who do you main and what characters can you play?

Also, Since your new here I can be the first to gauge how tough you are?

AlphaRubby

Neo Member
Who do you main and what characters can you play?

Also, Since your new here I can be the first to gauge how tough you are?

I main Zangief though I have been looking into trying some other characters for variety's sake.

And I'd like to play, but my brother is using the PS4 right now. I'm not that good anyways, but I am practicing.

Hey, so I got a query for ya'll.

I've been getting back into SF5 lately and have been thinking of picking up a pad, but not sure which one I should go for. I've heard good things about the FC and FC4, but I also heard that the new D-pads on the Madcatz pads were pretty good. Figured it'd be a good idea to hear some impressions from Gaffers before I take the plunge on any of 'em.

Neoxon

I've been getting back into SF5 lately and have been thinking of picking up a pad, but not sure which one I should go for. I've heard good things about the FC and FC4, but I also heard that the new D-pads on the Madcatz pads were pretty good. Figured it'd be a good idea to hear some impressions from Gaffers before I take the plunge on any of 'em.
I was able to take it for a spin thanks to one of my friends, & I can testify to it being pretty damn solid. It's far superior to the original release of the FightPad Pro.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I main Zangief though I have been looking into trying some other characters for variety's sake.

And I'd like to play, but my brother is using the PS4 right now. I'm not that good anyways, but I am practicing.
Well I fought some Zangiefs recently and the ones that are top tier are really scary.

I honestly never use madcatz products or dpads and I've been thinking of getting the sfv madcatz one just to see how the analog stick feels. Get the FC.

However, I hear the dpad is trash on that controller.

Neoxon

I honestly never use madcatz products or dpads and I've been thinking of getting the sfv madcatz one just to see how the analog stick feels.

However I hear the dpad is trash on that controller.
You're right about the original FightPad Pro's d-pad being total ass, but the revision improved the d-pad in a big way.

mooncakes

Daily reminder to buff Ibuki, Capcom please understand
biblethump.png

I haven't had any issues with the default PS4 pad.

I was able to take it for a spin thanks to one of my friends, & I can testify to it being pretty damn solid. It's far superior to the original release of the FightPad Pro.
Hmm, thanks for the feedback. I think I'm gonna take the plunge on it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";220826609]I haven't had any issues with the default PS4 pad.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I liked the D-pad on my DS4 for a while, but lately it's just been giving me hand cramps, in turn causing me to whiff a lot of inputs that I'd otherwise have no problem nailing. I've been thinking that maybe a smoother D-pad might be better on my hands, so I've been looking for an alternative.

Edzi

I was watching Capcom Fighters this Tuesday and one of the announcers mentioned that V-Reversals were the key to beating Bison, and boy was he right. He used to give me so much trouble, but I just now managed to knock a Super Gold Bison back down to Gold with my crappy Alex.

I was watching Capcom Fighters this Tuesday and one of the announcers mentioned that V-Reversals were the key to beating Bison, and boy was he right. He used to give me so much trouble, but I just now managed to knock a Super Gold Bison back down to Gold with my crappy Alex.
V-reversals, waiting to react to his jump/headstomp/dash, generally just playing defensive until you get the chance to turn the tide is the way to go. At least from my experience.

remz

juri's normal overhead is pretty good already tho... if iw as gonna buff anything it'd be centered around charge kicks.

mbpm1

I wonder if extending the Kunai range on ibuki and making juri's somersault split an overhead would make them overpowered.

I'd like to make the somersault an overhead just for personal preference on animations but in truth it's a fireball punish tool, not a thing to throw out in midrange, so I don't feel it would make a big difference.

Also the way the move actually hits is that it strikes their feet and has no hitbox on their head/body. Why? Idk, but if they made it an overhead then it should have a hitbox earlier in the move.

Realistically the best changes for juri would be less pushback on some normals/better frame data on normals/specials I think.

Top Bottom