• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Gief/Laura/Mika/Alex are all free on wakeup. Lots of high risk decent reward (not so much Mika lol). Fireball characters/Chun are usually bad MU's. Alex can deal with fireballs a bit better than the others IMO because of his stomp.

If I had to rate the grapplers it'd go:
Mika
Alex
Laura
Gief

Also, if his stomp crossed up that shit would be cheap as hell lmao unless they made it more obvious and more negative on block.

At least Alex has EX Knee to get out of things if he really needs to. Geif needs, needs to get his quick lariat back. It would help him so much in this game it isn't even funny.

Ryce

So Ive purchased Alex, Guile and Ibuki with Fight Money and now I kinda want to get the season pass since getting the rest of the characters\stages will require grinding in survival.

Any chance Ill get any Fight Money back that Ive already spent on characters? I know its not likely but figured Id ask anyways.
You're better off just buying Balrog, Juri, and Urien separately unless you think the six alternate costumes are worth an extra $12. The season pass only comes with one stage anyway.

So Ive purchased Alex, Guile and Ibuki with Fight Money and now I kinda want to get the season pass since getting the rest of the characters\stages will require grinding in survival.

Any chance Ill get any Fight Money back that Ive already spent on characters? I know its not likely but figured Id ask anyways.

Yeah sorry you arent getting any FM back you already spent.

Also that feel when 3 out of 4 of your characters are low tier garbage ;_;

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

You can always try to contact support under feedback@capcom.com.
I can imagine they want to sell another season pass.

Young Magus

1.)Yo does anyone else feel like they dont want to commit fully to a main yet?

Like I play Karin a lot and she was/is my main when playing srsly but I just have more fun rotating between a few characters.

2.)Also not doing ranked as much and Im having more fun just fighting anyone
with a decent connection
and finding flaws/improvements in my game. Need to get my fightstick handle down to a T (^_^;)

3.)Also, any good Chun-Li tips videos? I know her poke game is too strong but anything else?

Ranked. Just fought a monstrous 0 CP Ryu, knew exactly where to block all my mixups. Couldn't actually be new.

I remember Smug talking on I think Excellent Adventures about his multiple accounts for SFIV. He said once he reached top he wasn't finding opponents as fast and the points grind slowed down. So he'd make a new account and work his way back to the top because he liked the grind.

Or like me, bought 2 copies of the game
(I might have a problem)
on different platforms.

1.)Yo does anyone else feel like they dont want to commit fully to a main yet?

Like I play Karin a lot and she was/is my main when playing srsly but I just have more fun rotating between a few characters.

2.)Also not doing ranked as much and Im having more fun just fighting anyone
with a decent connection
and finding flaws/improvements in my game. Need to get my fightstick handle down to a T (^_^;)

3.)Also, any good Chun-Li tips videos? I know her poke game is too strong but anything else?

I haven't committed to a main yet. Nash has most of my playtime since I am used to him from the betas but I spend time on other characters as well.

Ranked. Just fought a monstrous 0 CP Ryu, knew exactly where to block all my mixups. Couldn't actually be new.

I had that happen to me against a monster Balrog, he did not drop a single combo, knew how to punish everything, had to be a FGC pro player on a smurf account..

Anti-fireball and something I can use in a pinch if I'm sluggish to react to a jump-in. I know LP is there for that, but I just feel he needs the versatility that two lariats gives him.
Wasn't his PPP Lariat the one of choice in 4? They could just add the upperbody invincibility to the regular one tbh

Neoxon

So with Capcom being ahead of schedule for the characters, how do you think they'll use the extra month?
  • Add more modes to the game (I feel like Targets & Vs. CPU will come out alongside either Juri or Urien, but I'm referring to the likes of Extra Battle or some other mode)
  • Modify existing modes in the game (Ex: Retrofit the Character Stories into the new Arcade Mode, if Extra Battle isn't gonna fill that role)
  • Get a head-start on Season 2, & possibly expand the additions from 6 to 8
  • Get an extra character out for Season 1, probably someone who wouldn't be hard to complete (Decapre, for example)

BlizzKrut

Banned
So with Capcom being ahead of schedule for the characters, how do you think they'll use the extra month?
  • Add more modes to the game (I feel like Targets & Vs. CPU will come out alongside either Juri or Urien, but I'm referring to the likes of Extra Battle or some other mode)
  • Modify existing modes in the game (Ex: Retrofit the Character Stories into the new Arcade Mode, if Extra Battle isn't gonna fill that role)
    [*]Get an extra character out for Season 1, probably someone who wouldn't be hard to complete (Decapre, for example)

This along with introducing Arcade Mode and VS.CPU is what I think they'll do.

Bizazedo

The stat breakdown shows him with an insane winter in the bronze player tier that plummets as you go up. Hes a noobkiller.
Yup. It is why everyone thought he was so powerful when the game came out. We all sucked.

Most Bison mains realized pretty quickly he would drop like a rock, though...not that people believed us.

KingBroly

Banned
This along with introducing Arcade Mode and VS.CPU is what I think they'll do.

Arcade Mode would require them to do Best-of-X programming first. And probably more Bengus Art :X

Retrofitting character stories into Arcade Mode would be pretty bad. It'd give old players who already did that stuff nothing new to play; you'd be giving them the short end of the stick there.

Neoxon

Arcade Mode would require them to do Best-of-X programming first. And probably more Bengus Art :X

Retrofitting character stories into Arcade Mode would be pretty bad. It'd give old players who already did that stuff nothing new to play; you'd be giving them the short end of the stick there.
But it would be the best course of action to get an Arcade Mode substitute out quickly, especially if not all of the voice actors are available (Bonnie Gordon for example, since we don't know if she's recovered from her vocal surgery, yet). Of course, there's a chance that Extra Battle may be the new Arcade Mode.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Why would it need a story? And what do you mean by "Best-of-X programming"?

Ketch

• Get an extra character out for Season 1, probably someone who wouldn't be hard to complete (Decapre, for example)

lol. If they put anything extra out it's gonna be a cash money only costume or stage.

KingBroly

Banned
But it would be the best course of action to get an Arcade Mode substitute out quickly, especially if not all of the voice actors are available (Bonnie Gordon, for example, since we don't know if she's recovered from her vocal surgery, yet). Of course, there's a chance that Extra Battle may be the new Arcade Mode.

They'd be called even lazier than they're being called lazy now if they did that. They don't need even MORE of a PR hit than their own PR team is doing for them right now. Assuming they release an Arcade Mode next February, that's still plenty of time to do voice work.

Neoxon

Honestly, given how busy they are these days, I'm surprised that they didn't recast Chun-Li & Guile's English VAs (voiced by Laura Bailey & Travis Willingham respectively) for Street Fighter V.

They'd be called even lazier than they're being called lazy now if they did that. They don't need even MORE of a PR hit than their own PR team is doing for them right now. Assuming they release an Arcade Mode next February, that's still plenty of time to do voice work.
Eh, I don't think improving an existing mode would be hated on as much as you'd think. Plus I'm not sure if Capcom would want to wait until February to get some kid of Arcade Mode substitute out.

KingBroly

Banned
Why would it need a story? And what do you mean by "Best-of-X programming"?

Best-of-X = 3/5/7. X is a math term. "Solve for X"

And people would expect a header and footer for Arcade Mode from a story perspective. It could be the epilogue for Season 1, basically.

Neoxon

And people would expect a header and footer for Arcade Mode from a story perspective. It could be the epilogue for Season 1, basically.
But how would it work for characters like Charlie or Bison? Also, if they do the Arcade Mode voice recording before Bonnie Gordon recovers, I fear that they may recast her (which would be a damn shame, since she's one of my favorite English VAs in the game).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I know what "best of" means lol, but they already have that in the game. I was wondering why that would be such a huge task.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
What would older players get out of it? You're short changing those people. There's no reason for people who've already gone through it to do so again.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason to play a standard arcade mode at all, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Top Bottom