• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I'm so shit at fighting Nash.

You were at first and I'll admit that at first, I was going easy on you but that third game it got real. You figured me out and had me sweating for a minute.

Once you started grabbing more and becoming generally more aggressive, you started giving me trouble.

GGs. Let's do it again sometime.

And don't feel bad. I got destroyed earlier today by Shadow Lord's Nash.

Zackat

Kens just love to hang themselves with DPs, don't they?

Do they ever. Everyone who has a DP does it. They get in my head so badly that I end up blocking too much though. Like I have full crush countered maximum punished their unsafe DP's and they still do them. Messes me up so bad.

I think I need to turn my brain off more when I am playing at the level I am playing at, I overthink it way too much. Just need to rushdown.

Xeteh

You were at first and I'll admit that at first, I was going easy on you but that third game it got real. You figured me out and had me sweating for a minute.

Once you started grabbing more and becoming generally more aggressive, you started giving me trouble.

GGs. Let's do it again sometime.

And don't feel bad. I got destroyed earlier today by Shadow Lord's Nash.

Yeah, for sure. Only critique I can have and I hate to share it if we're gonna play more... but you almost always backroll quick wake up. I'm not sure how to punish it but you do it almost everytime. If I was better I could take advantage.

Those were fun sets though, you're the first Nash I've played that much... it was fun. GGs.

Yeah, for sure. Only critique I can have and I hate to share it if we're gonna play more... but you almost always backroll quick wake up. I'm not sure how to punish it but you do it almost everytime. If I was better I could take advantage.

Those were fun sets though, you're the first Nash I've played that much... it was fun. GGs.
I've never noticed I did that. Holy smokes. Sometimes I do slow rise but that has been allowing people to set up really nice on me.

To be honest, I'm not sure how to quick rise without going backwards. It's a symptom of me trying to block as soon as I get up, I think. I need to stop being predictable in general.

Thank you for pointing that out. Time to hit the lab and learn the basics.

Xeteh

I've never noticed I did that. Holy smokes. Sometimes I do slow rise but that has been allowing people to set up really nice on me.

To be honest, I'm not sure how to quick rise without going backwards. It's a symptom of me trying to block as soon as I get up, I think. I need to stop being predictable in general.

No problem. I know there are meaty setups but I just don't know them. Its why you got a lot of punishes off of wakeup when I'd dash in twice... I was trying to get there fast enough to meaty you on wakeup but I'm too stupid to do the right thing.

You beat me pretty free though, most rounds were at least 2-1 but I still never won one of the BO5 sets. GGz!

Zackat

just hit 2 buttons without holding back and you will quick rise. Roll back is from hitting 2 buttons while holding back, or at least I am pretty sure that's how I do it...

Xeteh

just hit 2 buttons without holding back and you will quick rise. Roll back is from hitting 2 buttons while holding back, or at least I am pretty sure that's how I do it...

Don't tell that to spaz. I'm gonna figure out how to punish that and I want at least one person out there to think I'm not garbage.

... I'm kidding... kind of.

Coda

Hey, Zaf's in Boston, where I'm from! Nice dude. We've chatted on facebook in the mass fighting community group that's about it.

Ahh nice me too. I post stuff fairly regularly in the MFC group.

Just beat a guy called Zaferino, idk who he is. Annoying as hell Ibuki tho.

Cool that he's playing Ibuki now, he bodied be at GU when the game came out with Karin which is a character that is still my demon.

Pressing back is back quickrise, pressing down is normal quickrise
pressing 2 kicks is back quickrise, pressing 2 punches is normal quickrise

Big Brett

Something's definitely clicked for me in the past couple sessions. I'm finding myself able to really kind of keep my cool (sort of) and not press (as many panic) buttons.

No problem. I know there are meaty setups but I just don't know them. Its why you got a lot of punishes off of wakeup when I'd dash in twice... I was trying to get there fast enough to meaty you on wakeup but I'm too stupid to do the right thing.

You beat me pretty free though, most rounds were at least 2-1 but I still never won one of the BO5 sets. GGz!
There's a lot to learn. I've just started using meaty setups as well. Up until a few months ago, I had no idea what a meaty was. You've changed characters too so you are basically starting over a little.
I just tested it out in the training mode and it's punches to rise up and kicks to roll back. You can also press back on the stick to roll back and I'm sure something else allows you to rise up from the stick but I couldn't find it. I think it's down on the stick.

What I've been doing is pressing back and mashing the punch buttons and I've been rolling back as a result. I'm sure I've been getting punished a lot for doing this (probably especially in the corner) and never realizing it. Up until a few months ago I didn't quick rise at all but started doing it because they were licking their chops while I was napping.

Do they ever. Everyone who has a DP does it. They get in my head so badly that I end up blocking too much though. Like I have full crush countered maximum punished their unsafe DP's and they still do them. Messes me up so bad.

I think I need to turn my brain off more when I am playing at the level I am playing at, I overthink it way too much. Just need to rushdown.
This one guy beat me first round because he was mashing DP after he blocked a jump in, and he kept doing it while I was thinking no way is he doing it again. Every round after that I just blocked and destroyed him with my almost half life punish.

Xeteh

There's a lot to learn. I've just started using meaty setups as well. Up until a few months ago, I had no idea what a meaty was. You've changed characters too so you are basically starting over a little.

I changed to Necalli months ago. I still love me some Cammy but I make too many mistakes to play a 900/900 character. Necalli affords me a lot of buffer compared to Cammy.

Big Brett

If y'all want, we can set a 4 win streak limit to kind of rotate the wreckers out haha. If not, just don't move to the back of the queue I suppose!

Coda

I gotta head to sleep but good games!

And yes you did haha, I choked but still Karin is always scary. Next time we play I'll have my Juri in full force.

Top Bottom