• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Laputa_94

I have finally made it to silver Feels good, now im going to get down some more combos with Bison in order to improve myself for facing higher ranked players.

Xeteh

I have finally made it to silver Feels good, now im going to get down some more combos with Bison in order to improve myself for facing higher ranked players.

I wish I could beat my head against ranked but I get too anxious and never play it aside from when I've been drinking so then I play like shit. I know I'm better than bronze/super bronze but I'll likely never move up.

I wish I could beat my head against ranked but I get too anxious and never play it aside from when I've been drinking so then I play like shit. I know I'm better than bronze/super bronze but I'll likely never move up.

The key to playing Ranked is to not care about points anymore. I play Ranked because there's a lot of fierce competition that only play it. Just don't care about the points and have fun.

SephLuis

The key to playing Ranked is to not care about points anymore. I play Ranked because there's a lot of fierce competition that only play it. Just don't care about the points and have fun.

I really need this mentality. Have been playing only casuals recently.

Btw, I want to try playing against you someday. What is your CFN ?

I need to really not care about it. It's just frustrating because you can gage your current wins and losses by points. It's been a rough day in the sea of ryu.

FluxWaveZ

I need to really not care about it. It's just frustrating because you can gage your current wins and losses by points. It's been a rough day in the sea of ryu.

Caring about the points matters very little, but I do think caring about the losses matters a lot. Figuring out why those losses happen and why you're getting losing streaks is important.

Xeteh

Thing is, its not even the points. This has been a problem for me with any competitive game. I'm less anxious about it if its something I can play with friends but 1v1... I just can't bring myself to press the queue button.

Laputa_94

This is the first fighting game I played online. So I loose my composure and get salty a lot more than I like to, but I find the more your simply play ranked your bound to improve.

Caring about the points matters very little, but I do think caring about the losses matters a lot. Figuring out why those losses happen and why you're getting losing streaks is important.
I'm trying to learn this more and more. It's difficult, being a Sim player, because all of your buttons require so much commitment that one wrong press could mean stun.
For example, I just played against a Karin. I nearly had her with a KO, but got hit into v trigger confirm that left me stunned. One additional mix up later, I was dead.

I really need this mentality. Have been playing only casuals recently.

Btw, I want to try playing against you someday. What is your CFN ?

We played before, it was in a GAF KOTH a couple months ago. CFN is Bar_bar12. I think I beat you every time, but our matches were super close. They were a bit laggy too as well.

SephLuis

We played before, it was in a GAF KOTH a couple months ago. CFN is Bar_bar12. I think I beat you every time, but our matches were super close. They were a bit laggy too as well.

have you on my CFN already. Wanna try playing and you try hosting ? Might decrease the lag at least.

FluxWaveZ

Finally.
DU1O7ut.jpg
Made it back to Ultra Platinum, but this time with nothing but Balrog since his release. After abandoning Mika (who I was at Ultra Plat. with), I fell all the way back down to Super Gold and had to climb my way back up with Balrog. I take this as a milestone to also mean that I've reached with Balrog where I once was with Mika.

Unlike Mika, who has crazy shit that can make up for a player's lack of defense and knowledge of the neutral game, you won't be able to get away with that with Balrog. Excellent defense is a must with this character, and that was an insanely tough adjustment for me. I'm still really poor at it, but far better than I once was, which is cool.

Man, screw lag spikes for execution heavy characters. Lost a match against a dictator because it would spike almost every time I instant air teleport, resulting in an early j.hp. Happened about 3 times in the match.

i ran into this weird nash player again. this guy would anti air every jump in attempt. normally i'd say there was nothing strange about that, but this guy was peerless. his ground game on the other hand was below average. he would jump together with me and either jab me out of the air or air grab me. once i cornered him and neutral jumped 3x with a HP and he would jump straight into my fist every single time, like a psychic. now today i met him again and tried if i could shoot him down from the air with a button every single time. you guessed right, this guy was jumping into my limbs every single time once again. i assume this is the only way to touch him in the air. he couldn't do jack on the ground. he was throwing booms and going for lazy jump ins.

now here is my question, can you run a tool to anti air in this game? he is behaving like a normal human being on the ground while his air game was clearly automated. i've never seen anything like this before.

Shadoken

Finally.

Made it back to Ultra Platinum, but this time with nothing but Balrog since his release. After abandoning Mika (who I was at Ultra Plat. with), I fell all the way back down to Super Gold and had to climb my way back up with Balrog. I take this as a milestone to also mean that I've reached with Balrog where I once was with Mika.

Unlike Mika, who has crazy shit that can make up for a player's lack of defense and knowledge of the neutral game, you won't be able to get away with that with Balrog. Excellent defense is a must with this character, and that was an insanely tough adjustment for me. I'm still really poor at it, but far better than I once was, which is cool.

Damn son ... respect. That takes effort to completely switch character archetypes like that.

Zackat

Finally.

Nice job. Every Balrog I fight that has decent defense always owns me. His move that can either cancel or go into overhead (idk names) gets me way more than it should lol. And I am still free to those ex. Low dash punches.

Have you played a lot of charge characters before? Did you find the transition difficult? I play some Chun but she is just kind of charge.

Xeteh

Finally.

Grats Flux. You're an engima... you barely follow competitive play but you've got fantastic mechanics. Glad you've got your character back.

Xeteh

Something I've been wondering for about a year now, but why is Nash's Sonic boom backwards? LP is fast and HP is slow.

I mean Chun's fireballs are kind of similar. LP goes further, HP dissipates faster.

Btw if you're looking for someone to beat up, I'm down.

FluxWaveZ

Have you played a lot of charge characters before? Did you find the transition difficult? I play some Chun but she is just kind of charge.

I played Balrog in SF4, but I didn't play nearly as much then as I do now. I think I'm more accustomed to charge motions because of then, though; I had to adapt to motion characters with some ASW games after that.

Glad you've got your character back.

Heh... I wonder. I'll be trying out Juri for a bit once she comes out.

MrDaravon

Literally the match after finally hitting Ultra Bronze it starts matching me against Super/Ultra Silvers with more than double my LP, my Ultra Bronze didn't last long lol. Also any time I get knocked down by a Mika or Laura it is 100% over, they just keep hitting shit and I just can't get out of the blockstrings or I get thrown etc. Super frustrating, I really need to look at their frame data, Mika can seemingly punish shit that makes no sense and I can really tell that most Mika/Laura players can tell I have no idea what to do and just do nonstop blockstrings/grabs on me on knockdown :/

As an aside do command throws beat regular throws? I'm assuming yes?

Top Bottom