• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Neoxon

I hope Capcom does some sort of re-release this fall that convinces more casuals to buy this game. Really frustrating how even in rookie rank everyone at least semi knows what they're doing. There's no sense of progression online, its just immediately super competitive.
Don't expect anything like Super Street Fighter V, Capcom already said that they won't go down that route. If anything, we may get a compilation of this year's DLC.

molnizzle

I wouldn't hold your hopes up for an influx of complete newbies into this game. They would need to sell vanilla SF4 numbers for that.

Maybe they need to make it where there are certain rank milestones that you can't get knocked down from then. Fucking ridiculous to continually get matched up against rookie rank players who just wreck shit.

Don't expect anything like Super Street Fighter V, Capcom already said that they won't go down that route. If anything, we may get a compilation of this year's DLC.

...which they could call Super Street Fighter V. ;-)

KingBroly

Banned
I hope Capcom does some sort of re-release this fall that convinces more casuals to buy this game. Really frustrating how even in rookie rank everyone at least semi knows what they're doing. There's no sense of progression online, its just immediately super competitive.

The game is 100% beyond its' ability to sell to casuals at this point. Capcom gave that up when they released in February in the state it was (and still kinda is) for the sake of the Pro Tour and their Fiscal Year totals.

Bizazedo

Honestly, I'm not sure. Bison v Nash in this game ... well it's not necessarily a BAD matchup for Bison, there are definitely worse.

But it's not a good matchup either. I'd honestly say it's kinda even.

Bison vs Guile is more Guile favoured as long as Guile isn't rampantly throwing out sonic booms.

Fair assessment and has convinced me.

Shinriji

This weekend alone I lost 400 LP on ranked, going to ultra silver to almost silver again.

I should quit trying to reach gold. Man, this is frustrating.

Have you tried casual? The competition is generally lower with folks often using sub characters. There are also rookie battle lounges with lower level comp.

This weekend alone I lost 400 LP on ranked, going to ultra silver to almost silver again.

I should quit trying to reach gold. Man, this is frustrating.

I know that feel. I dropped to silver last week lol.

So this is what it's like when world collide.
CoJxphXUEAA9ToU.jpg

Ketch

Have you tried casual? The competition is generally lower with folks often using sub characters. There are also rookie battle lounges with lower level comp.

I know that feel. I dropped to silver last week lol.

I think casuals is actually way worse then ranked because a lot of people only play casual and are actually way better then what their rank says. When I switched to ranked the competition got a lot more even. Instead of every other person being way better then their rank says, now it's like 1 in 4 or 5

Bizazedo

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I can write a more "comprehensive" matchup description if that's the case.

No, not being sarcastic. I LOVE detailed descriptions, don't get me wrong, but what I should've said is I'm trying to leave my bias behind and think about it more and yeah, I think you're right, it probably is even (although I might say SLIGHTLY in Nash favor as he can shimmy).

No, not being sarcastic. I LOVE detailed descriptions, don't get me wrong, but what I should've said is I'm trying to leave my bias behind and think about it more and yeah, I think you're right, it probably is even (although I might say SLIGHTLY in Nash favor as he can shimmy).

I feel like that Bison matchup is AT BEST 4-6 in favour of Nash.

Right up until the Bison player uses the V-Skill for more than the fireball then it becomes a 3-7.

That Bison V-skill is godlike against hit-and-run Nash but it's difficult to pull off.

Big Brett

That would cause confusion amongst casuals, since their gut reaction would be "Capcom went back on their word!". Probably not the best idea.

How many casuals do you think understand that not having a Super game was something they talked about in a slideshow at some conference?

If it's a Ryu player, it's Daigo.

Lol it was a Ryu. I got rocked. No lag though so I highly doubt they were actually from japan.

Neoxon

How many casuals do you think understand that not having a Super game was something they talked about in a slideshow at some conference
They made that clear during the early press junket, & doing a Super version would only result in more bad PR for Capcom when just a Season 1 Collection could do a similar job without pissing as many people off. It just comes off as unnecessary.

MrCarter

The lower the price goes down (or Free to Play) the more "casuals" will pick this up. I'm hoping by next year they manage to implement a two-tier strategy whereby they can release the full version with all characters included and a separate "Free to Play" version with only 2/3 characters.

The lower the price goes down (or Free to Play) the more "casuals" will pick this up. I'm hoping by next year they manage to implement a two-tier strategy whereby they can release the full version with all characters included and a separate "Free to Play" version with only 2/3 characters.

Adopting a KI model would be the best bet going forward after this year. If they could keep KIs current DLC release timeline that would also be nice. Having Ryu and another rotating character every month would work out pretty well for them I believe. If they do end up going this route it would also be a good idea to give early adopters something as a thank you such as a decent chunk of FM or some exclusive costumes, colors, etc.

KI season 3 released 8 characters in around 3.5 months time while still having single players modes to add. If SFV can do this all while balancing the game, fixing existing issues, and releasing costumes every few months they'll be in a good spot I think.

Zackat

This game needs to be f2p like yesterday. You can still sell copies in stores that unlock all the characters and stuff. Should have been f2p from day one with the $60 being just character unlocks.

yea, a free to play version with 2-3 rotating characters would work to get more casuals in.

yeah this would be best!

GG's
Salty as F**K

Hehe ,reminds me of when someone gets muted in Dota 2. They can't use their mic and can only use the pre-made chat wheel commands "Nice One!" and "Good Game Well Played".

So it was fun seeing people spam GGWP whenever somebody died.

Top Bottom