• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I really wished they implemented a quick message system between PS4 and PC users.

Would've been pretty easy if they'd implemented CFN properly. If quick message was possible, they'd have been able to associate steam/psn IDs with a single profile and thus we'd have a shot at cross-platform DLC. But we all know what to expect from Capcom...

not a good idea. shit would go out of hand quick and you can't even report the other platform.

First, I've never seen anything I've reported in any game make a difference; I'm sure there are cases which have resulted in action, regardless of platform or game, but for me, I've never seen it.

Second, if the CFN ID system was properly designed so as to allow for messaging (and cross platform dlc purchases, etc.), they'd have the ability to check messages and add a report function.

I'm not sure exactly how cross play is actually set up, but since CFN seems to be a sort of go-between, if they have APIs to access for both PSN and Steam function, they could probably manage reporting if the APIs supported that sort of call (as well as messaging).

Ideally, I'd like to see it be more of a real "service" with it's own features, but again... Capcom.

Nah, I'm good. I don't need more random internet strangers who feel the need to tell me I'm shit.

I know it already.

If Capcom implemented it in their own CFN platform, they could probably add options like "receive messages from friends only" or something to that effect which would at least allow you to shoot quick messages between players without having to jump on another device to send a message if you're not on the same platform.

And I'm sure you're better than I am. ;)

@Wreck

Nah, I'm good. I don't need more random internet strangers who feel the need to tell me I'm shit.

I know it already.

lol when I was on ps3 I had some matches that we where both dropping combos and fumbling around

we message back and forth 'we da best' lol

What salt messages? SF4 had voice chat, YOU FUCKING SUCK was heard quite a lot, even when i smashed them lol

MKX was the absolute worst when you had to listen to the opponent's mic even in ranked/casual matchmaking and you didn't have an option to turn it off.

So jarring hearing that Kitana doing the insane 60% combo into a reset talk constantly to his friends in Spanish.

MKX was the absolute worst when you had to listen to the opponent's mic even in ranked/casual matchmaking and you didn't have an option to turn it off.

So jarring hearing that Kitana doing the insane 60% combo into a reset talk constantly to his friends in Spanish.

Mkx sold me on lack of voice chat being a feature in fighters. Salt is funny, sure. Some asshole screaming the n word loud enough to almost blow out my ear drum was 'hilarious'.

I know it already.

Hey in case you didn't know already..... You're shit. Have a nice day! :)

I'm just kidding you probably aren't as bad as you think

thelastword

Banned
Lack of salt messages is just another reason SFV is way less hype than IV was in it's heyday.
Hell, it's such a hassle to message someone you played, the PS4 does not show players met for SFV, so you have to go through hoops. There's no way to message ragequitters unless you remember their name and no way to message PC players. This game needs a better communication and message system, it's way too mediocre.

Wonko_C

So according to a post on reddit that's nearly a day old now, there was an Amazon page for Street Fighter V on Xbox One that was taken down shortly afterwards. I searched the forum and no one has mentioned this? (Not sure if I can post a link to the reddit page containing the post and image)

So according to a post on reddit that's nearly a day old now, there was an Amazon page for Street Fighter V on Xbox One that was taken down shortly afterwards. I searched the forum and no one has mentioned this? (Not sure if I can post a link to the reddit page containing the post and image)
Could've been an accident? I really don't see this game coming to Xbox One after all the money Sony has poured into it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

xb1-sfv.png

Alucrid

Banned

you should make a thread about it

KingBroly

Banned
I thought about posting it when I saw it, but after looking at how Amazon's page for SF5 is laid out, I decided to myself it was BS.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Guys, I broke down and copped the Evo stage. I feel so dirty. But man, it's a dope stage!!! The NPC's are 60fps it seems, so I can forgive their wackiness. Maybe the "No Gimmicks" mod will be updated to eliminate them though.

Anyway, hope everyone is ready for Juri tomorrow! I have actually been on Karin for the last week or so and have finally begun clicking with her. Lots of fun.

Coda

Guys, I broke down and copped the Evo stage. I feel so dirty. But man, it's a dope stage!!! The NPC's are 60fps it seems, so I can forgive their wackiness. Maybe the "No Gimmicks" mod will be updated to eliminate them though.

Anyway, hope everyone is ready for Juri tomorrow! I have actually been on Karin for the last week or so and have finally begun clicking with her. Lots of fun.

I felt kind of ridiculous in buying it as well but it's such a great stage. I had to have it. I'm so pumped for Juri myself. I feel like she's the true rushdown character in this game.

Finally

IvlbXwN.jpg

Next stop, Ultra Plat.

I feel I actually improved now. My defense is good, my reactions are getting much better (Block Chun's overhead on reaction), and my MU knowledge is getting better. So far, my hardest MUs are Ryu, Bison (Not enough experience), and sometimes Mika. Ibuki is a pain as well.

I only wanted the stage but got the bundle anyways to support the CPT. I hope it's not in vain. I want the prize pot to be big and for the CPT to continue flourishing. I just hope Capcom can do a better job of communicating and pricing things a little better so their is less backlash in the future.

I only wanted the stage but got the bundle anyways to support the CPT. I hope it's not in vain. I want the prize pot to be big and for the CPT to continue flourishing. I just hope Capcom can do a better job of communicating and pricing things a little better so their is less backlash in the future.

Or giving the entire community a chance to support the CPT via these things... instead of treating Steam users as second class citizens.

I wonder if there will be any leaks in the new update. Maybe they'll deploy the Bison classic stage and throwback costume data in this drop.

I wonder if there will be any leaks in the new update. Maybe they'll deploy the Bison classic stage and throwback costume data in this drop.
I have faith that our resident diggers Scrub McGrubb and Garrett Hawke will be on the case!
I feel I actually improved now. My defense is good, my reactions are getting much better (Block Chun's overhead on reaction), and my MU knowledge is getting better. So far, my hardest MUs are Ryu, Bison (Not enough experience), and sometimes Mika. Ibuki is a pain as well.
Nice one!

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So weird reading the FGW thread and how so many of them are vocally antagonistic towards SFV.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I felt kind of ridiculous in buying it as well but it's such a great stage. I had to have it. I'm so pumped for Juri myself. I feel like she's the true rushdown character in this game.

Yeah, with Karin, I feel like her style keeps me honest--patient, using my normals, trying to keep spacing--but Juri looks straight up YOLO status. Going to be interesting for me.

Top Bottom