• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

SephLuis

Discovered that you can cancel lights into mediums while in v trigger.

Timing is a bit odd since I am used to chuin li v triugger

Hyun Sai

Ok, story, trials, survival easy and normal done. Trials 10 was not the nightmare I expected judging by the reactions here ^^.

Ah and she seems to have the most abusable moves for clearing survival, holy shit !

Back to Guile business now.

Any good combo videos out there? I feel like I'm just poking around lost and trying to see what sticks. Guess I could try training.

I really don't like that queue system for her. I don't understand the point of it as opposed to just letting her do the moves freely, like everyone else in the game. Are they crazy OP or something?

TheOGB

Banned
Juri's theme is uhh... a little unsettling? It played in the background after the update and seemed like there was static or buzzing right when the melody kicked in. I only figured out that was the melody the second time around because it's so understated. I appreciate that they tried to take it in a different direction, but I am not a fan of where it ended up.

Her combos are taking a bit of getting used too... I spent so long on Trial 10 that my brain turned to mush. I think I'm just gonna mash through easy Survival for the colors and call it a night...

Bring back the dive kick pls
This please

FluxWaveZ

Get a tv with less input lag? Something I'm planning for this fall.

I play on a monitor: the Asus VH238H. It seems pretty good in terms of any input lag, so that's not it.

Maybe I'll have the Training mode dummy jump at me in various ways so that I can get accustomed to looking up at the air during a match. My defenses are too poor and it's not something that's ironing itself out by playing more matches.

Sheroking

Okay, okay, okay. I admit it Juri players. She's kinda fun.

Shimmy st.HP QCF+MK cr.MP QCF+HK is the business.

Like that you can late confirm into CA from meaty st.MP as well.

I need something more concrete now. I already play dozens of matches daily and spend a bunch of time in training mode. I won't get to where I need to by just running into a brick wall until it breaks anymore.

I'm assuming you're talking about Balrog. If an opponent is jumpy a lot, sit back and bait the jump then anti-air it with St.MP. Anti-airing really is just getting better at reacting and knowing what move to use for each situation. If that's not what you want to hear, then I got nothing to tell you.

You can also do what Valle does sometimes and just spend an entire round not attacking, and just try to block, tech, and anti-air everything. Seems like a way to improve defense.

So I did Juri's trials since that's where I was pointed to see the problem in action and I'm still not sure how pinwheel being a srk makes her so much more difficult to use. Like... It's just an srk.

I play on a monitor: the Asus VH238H. It seems pretty good in terms of any input lag, so that's not it.

Maybe I'll have the Training mode dummy jump at me in various ways so that I can get accustomed to looking up at the air during a match. My defenses are too poor and it's not something that's ironing itself out by playing more matches.

No, I got it!
Get a tv with a lot of input lag, practice on it until you feel insane, then go back to the monitor.
Weighted clothing methodology

FluxWaveZ

I'm assuming you're talking about Balrog. If an opponent is jumpy a lot, sit back and bait the jump then anti-air it with St.MP. Anti-airing really is just getting better at reacting and knowing what move to use for each situation. If that's not what you want to hear, then I got nothing to tell you.

Baiting the jump, I think, is what I need to do more of. I think it's less about reactionary AA, and more about anticipatory AA, and I've been going too much for the former.

I'm putting in too much time to be this bad at the game; I still don't have my basics down properly. There's something fundamental I've been missing that others who spend similar amounts of time are latching onto.

You can also do what Valle does sometimes and just spend an entire round not attacking, and just try to block, tech, and anti-air everything. Seems like a way to improve defense.

This sounds interesting. I've done it a couple of times against the lvl 8 CPU in Training mode, but doing it against an actual opponent might prove effective.

No, I got it!
Get a tv with a lot of input lag, practice on it until you feel insane, then go back to the monitor.
Weighted clothing methodology

Ha, I wonder if that'd actually work. I've thought about how Training modes that let you increase the speed by 2x or something might actually improve one's reactions when they go back to the normal speed for normal matches, since everything appears slower, naturally.

Baiting the jump, I think, is what I need to do more of. I think it's less about reactionary AA, and more about anticipatory AA, and I've been going too much for the former.

I'm putting in too much time to be this bad at the game; I still don't have my basics down properly. There's something fundamental I've been missing that others who spend similar amounts of time are latching onto.

This sounds interesting. I've done it a couple of times against the lvl 8 CPU in Training mode, but doing it against an actual opponent might prove effective.

Ha, I wonder if that'd actually work. I've thought about how Training modes that let you increase the speed by 2x or something might actually improve one's reactions when they go back to the normal speed for normal matches, since everything appears slower, naturally.

Not dissing you, since you're a much better player than I am, but I'm truly surprised you have gotten this far without learning how to anti-air. It baffles me tbh.

So what I gather about Juri after slamming out her Story and Survival modes is that she's a character who's all about normals, and who can build stun pretty fast?

How does one get better at anti-airing.
Throw the jab. ^_~
Juri's theme is uhh... a little unsettling? It played in the background after the update and seemed like there was static or buzzing right when the melody kicked in. I only figured out that was the melody the second time around because it's so understated. I appreciate that they tried to take it in a different direction, but I am not a fan of where it ended up.
Her theme sucks. I'm disappointed we didn't get that horrific-style theme from her preview trailer.

Also, her best color isn't unlocked through survival. :3

FluxWaveZ

Not dissing you, since you're a much better player than I am, but I'm truly surprised you have gotten this far without learning how to anti-air. It baffles me tbh.

It's not simply about "learning how to anti-air." It's about "becoming an expert at anti-air." I'm sick of spending time with inefficient training methods that are ultimately useless and a waste of time. I need ways to effectively train in all the basics, from blocking, to anti-airing, to throw teching, to punishing, etc.

I'm not in this to simply "know" anymore and be moderate to above average at any of these elements. I need to be far better than that.

mbpm1

That is true. I really want to run my Nash vs him now, since I feel I improved 3x times the last time we played.

let-them-fight.jpg

Coda

So I think I'm ass with Juri so far. I just can't seem to figure out all the right timings and windows for her combos. It also doesn't help that Mika's V-Skill isn't something I used often and now Juri has maybe one of the best V-Skills in the game.

It's not simply about "learning how to anti-air." It's about "becoming an expert at anti-air." I'm sick of spending time with inefficient training methods that are ultimately useless and a waste of time. I need ways to effectively train in all the basics, from blocking, to anti-airing, to throw teching, to punishing, etc.

I'm not in this to simply "know" anymore and be moderate to above average at any of these elements. I need to be far better than that.

Tell you what, whenever you're free, we can voice chat and run some training sets where I teach you about this stuff, since while I don't consider myself an expert in fundamentals, I still know my way with defense.

mbpm1

So I think I'm ass with Juri so far. I just can't seem to figure out all the right timings and windows for her combos. It also doesn't help that Mika's V-Skill isn't something I used often and now Juri has maybe one of the best V-Skills in the game.

Is it the best?

mbpm1

Being able to save charge up on it for later seems good. Whether it will be good a month from now who knows.

...Man, this whole time I didn't know you could charge it so it's an actual teleport

I've only been using it for feints with dash

Zackat

...Man, this whole time I didn't know you could charge it so it's an actual teleport

I've only been using it for feints with dash
Bruh

So flux how well do you space yourself baiting for them to jump? That is a big part of the game. Then being able to have the reactions to punish an empty forward jump(like in filtration does a lot) is downright murderous. TAkes the wind out of my jumping sails.

If you are already doing these things then nvm. If not, baiting the forward empty jump or neutral jump and punishing them for it could go a long way.

You are way better than me, but that's what I think about when I get anti aired, not the ones that are done on reactions. I get taken out of the zone on the ones where the nash or whoever is spaced properly,, dashes once and AAs me when I thought I was safe.

Coda

Being able to save charge up on it for later seems good. Whether it will be good a month from now who knows.

Exactly, it seemed to trick people a lot online but it's obviously because they're not used to it yet. I find a lot of her moves unsafe where as Mika has a lot of crazy pressure with not all the risk so I dunno. Her hit confirm in CA's are really good though, fast damage if you make the correct read.

Neoxon

Just beat Normal Survival with Juri (I had a few close calls near the end), & I now have just enough Fight Money for the future Thailand stage.

mbpm1

I know man. I even saw the video about dash cancelling but missed the part about charging it.

Exactly, it seemed to trick people a lot online but it's obviously because they're not used to it yet. I find a lot of her moves unsafe where as Mika has a lot of crazy pressure with not all the risk so I dunno. Her hit confirm in CA's are really good though, fast damage if you make the correct read.

All of Juri's specials except her fireball and pinwheel sometimes are unsafe :(

Drahcir

Guys, I'm about to cry myself to sleep over Juri's trial #10. I know a lot of you guys had trouble with it from a few pages back. I cannot for the life of me do the qcf+LK then dp+LK that launches him high enough for the CA to connect. :( I have no idea how the demo can launch him as high as it does so the CA hits. How did you guys do that part?

Top Bottom