• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Juri's theme sounds like it's the intro to some other much higher energy song.

But no, it's so subdued that during a battle you can barely hear it. It's not quite the theme you'd expect for a character like her.

It seems like DLC characters are getting worse themes than the rest of the cast (Alex, Guile, now Juri). I really liked the themes until the DLC characters.

I really like Ibuki, Balrog & Alex's theme, and LOVE the new rendition of Guile's theme. The only one that has not been great, and mostly cause its so subdued, is Juri's theme.

I got it for £17.99 a month back on funstock digital

It's still at that price (and even cheaper now, if you are outside the UK, thanks Brexit), but keep in mind that there's a good chance Funstock Digital will hold your order for several hours while they carry out a "Fraud Check", after you've paid them. Had that happen three times in a row now, despite using the same payment method every time, so no more Funstock Digital for me.

Baleoce

Ucchedavāda;211572321 said:
It's still at that price (and even cheaper now, if you are outside the UK, thanks Brexit), but keep in mind that there's a good chance Funstock Digital will hold your order for several hours while they carry out a "Fraud Check", after you've paid them. Had that happen three times in a row now, despite using the same payment method every time, so no more Funstock Digital for me.

Same thing happened to me. It took a few hours for the key to come. And for that reason I probably won't use them again.

Bob White

I thought it was just me when I was playing this game and thought that I just had bad reactions (which I still might) but when I starting watching matches of Tokido playing Ryu and he was still letting jumps fly I knew I wasn't the only one.

I feel like every character (except for maybe Gief) has a jump arc like Gen in SF4. Really low to the floor/quick jumps. And in the back of your head you know whatever AA you're going for that isn't invincible is probably not the most reliable AA too.

Another thing with this game that has been mentioned in various places before is that the ground game is a lot more fast paced than SF4 and characters really come at you stupid fast. Overall dashes in this game are a lot quicker than they were in SF4 too. So it can be hard to juggle playing a solid ground game then having to AA really quick jump ins where the risk/reward is barely in your favour for swatting them out the air.

That's one aspect that I like a lot better in SF4 tbh, jumping in SF4 can be a death sentence but in SFV it rarely seems like a bad idea.

The reason why Chun, Ryu, and Nash are so good. The reason I was saying yesterday that forward dash should give counter hit. Love the game but man, the neutral NEEDS anti air jabs since paying attention to crazy dash in pressure costs a lot of mental real estate.

mbpm1

Buff Juri
's theme

If you can pay attention pinwheel is an okay early anti air but if not you just get counterhit

Kikirin

Does any other character has that much difference between standing and crouch block ?

It's pissing me off having her target combo miss because the opponent is crouched too >.>

I imagine the difference in advantage on stand/crouch block is a problem with hitboxes for particular hits of the attack. There's definitely normals (e.g., FANG's st.mk) and target combos where whiffed hits on crouch lead to bigger disadvantages.

On a similar note, I feel like Juri's non-LK pinwheels have particularly finicky hitboxes for at least the first hit. Haven't been able to get consistent results when trying to find their startups vs different attacks.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I am not a fan of what Capcom is doing with "management" of storing moves

and now Juri has to store special moves to be able to use them later, then require storage again

sigh

Juri has always had this, you just don't have to hold buttons to keep charge any more.

Did you play 4?

Xeteh

Juri has always had this, you just don't have to hold buttons to keep charge any more.

Did you play 4?

Its not really the same.

In 4 she stored fireballs by holding the button that would release when you let go.
In 5 you're storing moves by using the command, only one of which is a fireball and the other two are special moves. You have to input the command a second time to use them.

Its not really the same.

In 4 she stored fireballs by holding the button that would release when you let go.
In 5 you're storing moves by using the command, only one of which is a fireball and the other two are special moves. You have to input the command a second time to use them.

You are right but isn't this way better? You don't have to keep the button held down at all times to keep the charge so you can still use that button all you want while the charge is held.

Xeteh

You are right but isn't this way better? You don't have to keep the button held down at all times to keep the charge so you can still use that button all you want while the charge is held.

Its a mixed bag. Definitely way better on the execution side but you can't hide what you've got stocked with the meter showing everything and you lose what zoning she had.

The jury is still out on Juri too early to say if she's good or not. However, she's extremely fun but folks need to understand that playing a new character and learning the match ups takes time. I mean Maximilian called Ken trash in the beginning when he couldn't figure out how to play with him.

How is everyone liking Juri so far compared to the rest of the cast? Especially compared to the DLC characters.

I haven't had time to really play besides doing her trials because I've been working almost around the clock on projects because nothing ever goes right when third parties are brought in. The wonderful life of an IT manager :)

The problem with Juri and the season one in general i asked for none of these characters...earned 604k FM so these characters are free for me, but don't care for them in general..

The problem with Juri and the season pass in general i asked for none of these characters...earned 604k FM so these characters are free for me, but don't care for them in general..

giphy.gif

This makes no sense.. I don't even..

Zerojul

The problem with Juri and the season pass in general i asked for none of these characters...earned 604k FM so these characters are free for me, but don't care for them in general..

Then don't buy them, maybe ? Keep your FM for season 2 characters that interest you or something.

What? Why did you buy the season pass then? The characters were revealed before the game was released. This makes no sense.

Hey so for juri's trial 10 is there a trick to linking lk fireball to pinwheel? That's the only part I'm missing.

There is no trick to it, just input it after you input the fireball. It hits twice so you'd have to be pretty slow with the inputs not to connect.

Edzi

Hey so for juri's trial 10 is there a trick to linking lk fireball to pinwheel? That's the only part I'm missing.

The combo in that trial puts you at the correct distance where you can link the pinwheel after the second hit of the fireball.

FinKL

I found that I'm constantly doing Fireball -> DP to fast, so I have to slow it down, but then crank it back up to get super to come out.

MadGear

Man I love Juris charged V-Skill. I still feel a bit overwhelmed by her outside of training mode because I'm a slow character learner but I'm starting to enjoy her way way more than I anticipated. Since Alex she the first DLC character I actually consider adding to my mains.

Top Bottom