• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
PC users: What in-game graphical settings should be tweaked if I want the most visual clarity? Right now I've got post-processing set to Medium in order to eliminate motion blur and everything else on Max. Is that it?

Edzi

It's not simply about "learning how to anti-air." It's about "becoming an expert at anti-air." I'm sick of spending time with inefficient training methods that are ultimately useless and a waste of time. I need ways to effectively train in all the basics, from blocking, to anti-airing, to throw teching, to punishing, etc.

I'm not in this to simply "know" anymore and be moderate to above average at any of these elements. I need to be far better than that.

Flux, I've just realized that you're an anime character. I look forward to your story arc concluding on the grand finals stage at evo.

Strange, trying to buy Juri on the store and it's telling me no content is available, anyone else had this?

are you in europe?

Due to a submission error, Juri will only be purchasable in European territories (including Middle East and Australia) using in-game Fight Money until August 1st. After this time, she will be purchasable on the PSN Store along with her costumes. Season Pass owners and Steam users will not be affected. North American consumers will not be affected. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this might cause some players.

SF5 still thinks players on different continents count as 5-bar connections.
This happens on all games. It happens rarely, but I've fought East Coast people in Skullgirls with 70 ping and they rollback worse than Japanese players. Dunno what is going on with that, but I'm thankful I've only had a handful of those experiences.
PC users: What in-game graphical settings should be tweaked if I want the most visual clarity? Right now I've got post-processing set to Medium in order to eliminate motion blur and everything else on Max. Is that it?
I'm pretty sure this is it.

Westlo

Damn game could have downloaded this title update before I started it up.

Why the hell am I back to 1.04 when I was 1.06 or whatever before that? So many frustrating minor things with this game which probably won't get addressed because they'll rather churn out Chun Li and Cammy alts instead.

Trickster

I don't understand 'Juri at all...

Done for today, not fun getting stomped on by everyone else when they are also playing Juri

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The hard part of Juri 10 is when you've been playing other games and forgot how casually SFV treats inputs that look anything like dp.

Asd202

So have are you liking Juri? I'm a scrub and only played a little but I like her but she feels like she's one of the harder characters to play in this game.

Pics_nao

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";211545201]

crush counter stock up whiff combo
[/QUOTE]

Man, I cannot get that dash after the cc out reliably. I think I saw someone earlier in the thread post a gif of them just taking a step or two forward? Does that work? At work so I can't test it myself.

Zerojul

So have are you liking Juri? I'm a scrub and only played a little but I like her but she feels like she's one of the harder characters to play in this game.

Too soon to tell but I honestly feel like she will be too much to handle for a scrub like me. Maybe my days rocking Guile aren't over after all.

I need something more concrete now. I already play dozens of matches daily and spend a bunch of time in training mode. I won't get to where I need to by just running into a brick wall until it breaks anymore.
You mean for Rog or Mika? Hmm...well this should apply to them both since they use normals mostly for Anti-Air

Here’s a few tips

- AA with specials are easier, much easier, so if you really want a reliably 100% tool for AA a shoto is your best best. I think Ryu is strongest since he has a jab, normals, and a DP which are all reliable.

- For characters that use normals to AA like Rog or Vega, it’s more timing sensitive, and you have to practice a lot, but also be aware of when an opponent is going to switch trajectory with their jump-in. It’s simply harder to do than me reacting with a DP, period. And it’s more of a read on your opponent on top of the the reaction.

- Lastly, you have the risk/reward being a higher reward for jumping in against many characters. If all you get is a DP and fairly easy to guard reset, it’s not that discouraging to attempt another jump in. You want to punish people are hard as possible to keep them grounded.

Hope that helps a little. Also, Tampa is my curse, he’s good, but I just play weak against him, watching my replay now. it’s ridiculous how much I freeze up because I never beat him lol...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT_xgSk_zEI

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Dunno if this was answered but you can tweak individual settings in the ini so that you can eliminate motion blur altogether while still being able to set PP to Max. I don't have the link handy but just google "SFV ini tweaks" and you'll find it.

How does one get better at anti-airing.

I thought it was just me when I was playing this game and thought that I just had bad reactions (which I still might) but when I starting watching matches of Tokido playing Ryu and he was still letting jumps fly I knew I wasn't the only one.

I feel like every character (except for maybe Gief) has a jump arc like Gen in SF4. Really low to the floor/quick jumps. And in the back of your head you know whatever AA you're going for that isn't invincible is probably not the most reliable AA too.

Another thing with this game that has been mentioned in various places before is that the ground game is a lot more fast paced than SF4 and characters really come at you stupid fast. Overall dashes in this game are a lot quicker than they were in SF4 too. So it can be hard to juggle playing a solid ground game then having to AA really quick jump ins where the risk/reward is barely in your favour for swatting them out the air.

That's one aspect that I like a lot better in SF4 tbh, jumping in SF4 can be a death sentence but in SFV it rarely seems like a bad idea.

Mr. X

Are jumps lower and faster? They still feel floaty and slow compared to any SF that isn't 4.

You can't rely on 1 anti air or even 2. Depending on where they jump or what they're using on the way down, you might get hit out your anti air. Rog has at least stMP and crHP on ground but he has a good forward dash and air to air buttons.

With Chun, sLK, sLP, bMP, bHP, bHK
bMP and sHP will sometimes move her forward enough to cross under and let the jump whiff and I throw
Cross under dash
I'm sure sMP, crHP or even going low profile crMP or crMK has situations too
Air to air Chun has air throw, away jMP, jMK, jLK, njHK, away jHP

Once you show off you know the many ways to beat dumb jumps, they knock it off.

I am not a fan of what Capcom is doing with "management" of storing moves

first with Ibuki changes now becoming a trapper characters with Kunai management

and now Juri has to store special moves to be able to use them later, then require storage again

sigh

Are jumps lower and faster? They still feel floaty and slow compared to any SF that isn't 4.

You can't rely on 1 anti air or even 2. Depending on where they jump or what they're using on the way down, you might get hit out your anti air. Rog has at least stMP and crHP on ground but he has a good forward dash and air to air buttons.

With Chun, sLK, sLP, bMP, bHP, bHK
bMP and sHP will sometimes move her forward enough to cross under and let the jump whiff and I thtow
Cross under dash
I'm sure sMP, crHP or even going low profile crMP or crMK has situations too
Air to air Chun has air throw, away jMP, jMK, jLK, njHK, away jHP

Once you show off you know the many ways to beat dumb jumps, they knock it off.
if only every char in the cast had Chun's st.LK

lupinko

first with Ibuki changes now becoming a trapper characters with Kunai management

and now Juri has to store special moves to be able to use them later, then require storage again

sigh

You can thank SFV combat designer and top Guilty Gear player Woshige for introducing this to SF.

Pompadour

sigh

I'm fine with this but I don't get the benefit of showing what moves are stored. It seems like it'd be stronger if your opponent didn't know what moves were stored but it wouldn't be overpowered. Kunai recharging needing it's own meter makes more sense.

m4st4

I have couple of questions:

1) How do I see my total gametime, playing on PS4 since release date?
2) I recently switched from gamepad to fightstick (Mayflash F300) and two things occured to me: I'll need some time to get as good as I am on gamepad and it's also much easier to pull stuff on a fightstick... However, did I make the wrong choice, switching to fightstick all of a sudden? I feel like many hours later maybe I still won't be as good? Getting bodied in casual and having difficulties in later levels of survival. Will probably check some guides later on.

I have couple of questions:

1) How do I see my total gametime, playing on PS4 since release date?
2) I recently switched from gamepad to fightstick (Mayflash F300) and two things occured to me: I'll need some time to get as good as I am on gamepad and it's also much easier to pull stuff on a fightstick... However, did I make the wrong choice, switching to fightstick all of a sudden? I feel like many hours later maybe I still won't be as good? Getting bodied in casual and having difficulties in later levels of survival. Will probably check some guides later on.

Not sure on 1)

For 2) No you didn't. It's obviously going to be an adjustment, switching to a completely different input device but given some time, you'll at least be at the same level that you were before the switch, if not higher.

It's a preference and comfort thing. Just because you moved to an arcade stick doesn't mean you'll be playing better. There is a bit of a learning curve to try out the arcade stick, but after you get a good feel for it, use whichever one is more comfortable for you in the end.

Grakl

sigh
I really enjoy them tbh, very cool to me. I like new stuff that ups the mechanical barrier while also being useful

Post processing on max, I think you can disable motion blur via the ini.

Fraeon

Juri's theme sounds like it's the intro to some other much higher energy song.

But no, it's so subdued that during a battle you can barely hear it. It's not quite the theme you'd expect for a character like her.

It seems like DLC characters are getting worse themes than the rest of the cast (Alex, Guile, now Juri). I really liked the themes until the DLC characters.

Menitta

But no, it's so subdued that during a battle you can barely hear it. It's not quite the theme you'd expect for a character like her.

It seems like DLC characters are getting worse themes than the rest of the cast (Alex, Guile, now Juri). I really liked the themes until the DLC characters.

Guile's theme was great tho...

I like the jazzy beat.

Tik-Tok

Guile theme is hype, you're on one.

Top Bottom