• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I still can't figure out an approach while playing with her. Nothing makes sense, I dunno she seems kind of like a bad character or I'm just completely ass with her.

Alchemist and I did a mirror set, we were both still figuring things out, but you might spot some things that give you some insight by watching the replays on CFN.

So time to start the monthly discussion: What controller do you guys to play the game? Arcade sticks, DS4s, Third Party Pads, Hitboxes, or a Guitar Hero controller?

For me, I use this beauty:

fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3-438621.4.jpg

I bought it when the game came out cause I didn't like the DS4, and it hasn't failed me since.
en-INTL-L-Xbox360-Microsoft-Chrome-Wireless-Controller-Purple-43G-00061-RM3-mnco.jpg

So time to start the monthly discussion: What controller do you guys to play the game? Arcade sticks, DS4s, Third Party Pads, Hitboxes, or a Guitar Hero controller?

I bought it when the game came out cause I didn't like the DS4, and it hasn't failed me since.

Sticks and DS4 sometimes because I am lazy and for the LULs.

Syntsui

I have the previous model to this one. It's really good as long as you don't want to play Chun Li.

Drahcir

That's what I use mainly for my main Karin because it's so much easier with her move set on pad for me. Then I bought a custom HRAP4 for kicks to try and learn stick and I'm garbage.

I used to be a pad player until SF4 came out, and then I had a crappy stick. Sadly, it lasted for two years, and it was back to playing pad. Once SFV dropped, I decided to pick up a stick a few weeks in, and now I'm relearning everything.

I'm getting better, but man it's difficult. Hand placement, my dexterity, my lacking muscle memory - I'm definitely struggling.

molnizzle

Using the same beauty. Love it.

It's a bit too difficult to MP xx instant Tenko with Karin. Though that's probably true for any pad. Works like a dream with Ken. Too bad I still suck. =P

That's what I use mainly for my main Karin because it's so much easier with her move set on pad for me.

what is this sorcery!!

I'm on a pretty old custom PS2 stick with a PS2 > PS3 converter so it'll work on my PC. The joystick finally started having a few problems with not registering inputs and whatnot a few months ago, so I finally switched it out for a new one last week. Took the opportunity to switch out all the buttons and a new color ball top (was pink before).

eidpnl3h.jpg

GGs shadow...

I'll be on later tonight if you want to get some more games in mate

Lol...yeah it's been a while since i played...playing a little crazy all in good fun

Thanks. I try to be more consistent with Anti-airs and hit confirms and zoning. I think my movement is pretty good too.
Yea...next time I'll test out your defense more and be more aggressive.

Ken is really made for Rushdown, but I love just sitting there and playing mind games lol, thats street fighter to me. I honestly would probably be a better Ryu player, but oh well...in love with Ken now...

BiggNife

Fighting-Commander-4-Pro.jpg

I got one like you as backup, but this one hasn't failed me yet.

ngl I had this one and it just did not click with me at all. The buttons feel mushy and I could not get the hang of the d-pad.

I've been using a Hori RAP4 Kai that I got a few months ago. I replaced the buttons with Sanwas but I am actually totally fine with the Hayabusa lever, and I've always liked the shape and weight of Hori sticks.

Menitta

I just faught a Rashid of equal skill as Juri. That was one of the best matches of fighting games I've ever had. I lost, but it was so thrilling. I'm gonna pick up Juri.

lupinko

Fighting-Commander-4-Pro.jpg

I got one like you as backup, but this one hasn't failed me yet.

When I don't use my HRAPV or HRAPv3SA or Sanwa BB stick, I use this:

https://i.imgur.com/d9HqLbT.jpg

This isn't my pic but I bought the adapter from the person who took the pic, I bought the same controller from Yahoo auctions.

jett

D-Member
I don't understand Juri.

Why do you have to "load up" her moves before using them?

What is the benefit of using this character?

I don't understand Juri.

I don't know. It's not like you can combo after the fireball either and cancel into V-Trigger.

In SF4 at least the charged fireballs was used to extend her combos.

Skilletor

I don't understand Juri.

Because she can rekka each move and make it safe with a fireball which she can then use for more pressure. She's got some of the best confirms in the game because of this.

I don't know. It's not like you can combo after the fireball either and cancel into V-Trigger.

In SF4 at least the charged fireballs was used to extend her combos.

Yes, you can. And she can use the fireball to make any string safe.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

IMAG2249_zpsbroite8p.jpg

My weapon of choice for now! Got an LS-56 and Sanwa buttons in there.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Heh, still remember when I got this one. My first stick. Still got it and I use it on PC occassionally.

Guess I could repost my PS4 stick. I definitely shared it around the time the game came out since I only finished it the same day SFV dropped.

Thats pretty bad ass. Love the chain.

Drahcir

Using the same beauty. Love it.

It's a bit too difficult to MP xx instant Tenko with Karin. Though that's probably true for any pad. Works like a dream with Ken. Too bad I still suck. =P

what is this sorcery!!

That and combos into EX tenko-->orochi on a stick, doing all those piano pushes makes me want to crawl into a corner in a fetal position and cry. ;_; On that pad though, it's like butter!

Top Bottom