• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Edzi

Since we're posting our sticks, here's mine:

pL66aR0.jpg

Hori HRAPV with all black art, stock hyabusa stick, and seimitsu ballroom and buttons.

molnizzle

And offline. Seriously it has a in game hitbox viewer and frame data in the command list. And there's the Dojo Mode.

Yeah sometimes I hate how spartan SFV is for training. I'm a fighting game novice, but I've spent about 200 hours training in this game so far and I still have lots of trouble with even the most basic stuff. Can't imagine how horrible the experience must be for people who can't play as much as me. No surprise the genre is still this niche.

Quesa

I always wanted to ask. How hard is it to get used to a Hitbox?

I did it because I couldn't get used to the wrist motions on stick after switching from pad to stick. It's not super-difficult (though I still haven't figured out how to do grounded 720s on it), but I imagine someone with more stick muscle memory would find it harder than I did.

Coda

KI is easily the best online fighter right now, the netcode, features and stat tracking are all great with that game.

Why hasn't Capcom talked about why the stats don't work in SF V? Also there's no where to see how many ranked wins/loses I have, why?

molnizzle

Why hasn't Capcom talked about why the stats don't work in SF V? Also there's no where to see how many ranked wins/loses I have, why?

THIS. How has this not been fixed for so long?

Yeah, this is baffling to me. Game's been out for months now and still not a peep about all these blank stats on everyone's profile. They should just take them out of the game if they're not gonna fix the tracking, shit's just embarrassing at this point.

Parham

Banned
For folks who primarily play on PC: Has the difference in input lag between the PC and PS4 versions affected you while playing locals?

Coda

How is the input lag on that?

It's 1ms, I play all my games on it. Amazing color, contrast and brightness too. For the price you can't go wrong.

Also for anyone who owns a Dreamcast with a VGA box, this monitor makes Dreamcast games look incredible.

Sblargh

Banned
If I were to start playing now... is it a good time? Is the game still being well supported? Is it balanced? Are the only players left super-gods who will murder me?

Coda

If I were to start playing now... is it a good time? Is the game still being well supported? Is it balanced? Are the only players left super-gods who will murder me?

As far as playing online the matchmaking is spot on now so you only really play people in your skill range. Just read beginner tutorials online, try all the characters and see which one feels natural to you, and then do the single player modes until you feel comfortable with the game.

DR2K

Banned
I don't understand Juri.

Why do you have to "load up" her moves before using them?

What is the benefit of using this character?

Initially it was used to store fireballs. They replaced her AA fireballs with shitty kicks instead.

Coda

bRPHDQ8.jpg

This is a camera pic from Third Strike on the ASUS monitor with a scanline generator connected to the VGA box. It looks so crisp in person.

This game really needs a connection/performance test that you have to pass before you can play online. Fucking sick of getting peasants with shitty ass Internet when I have the game set to 5 bars only.

They need to use numbers instead of stupid bars or at least put the number next to the bars.

LakeEarth

Anyone playing Balrog have a suggestion on what to do after a crush counter standing roundhouse? It usually pushes the opponent too far for any cancellable normals to reach so I've been doing medium dash grand blow (for the knockdown and positioning).

Most combo videos involve walk forward a bit, which requires me seeing the CC coming. I'll work on it.

Mr. X

Anyone playing Balrog have a suggestion on what to do after a crush counter standing roundhouse? It usually pushes the opponent too far for any cancellable normals to reach so I've been doing medium dash grand blow (for the knockdown and positioning).

Most combo videos involve walk forward a bit, which requires me seeing the CC coming. I'll work on it.
Dash mk mp vskill works

Top Bottom